C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Video from Fontana Drag Day (56k =X)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-17-2006, 02:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Video from Fontana Drag Day (56k =X)

Here's the video from yesterday for those who don't frequent other forums....

Not the greatest track conditions. Read all about it here:https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/163059-ca-speedway-results.html

For pictures: Click Here

For the video right click HERE and SAVE TARGET AS.

Last edited by sdsilverm3; 09-17-2006 at 03:26 PM.
Old 09-17-2006, 03:43 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 CLK63 AMG Black Series, 2022 BMW X3 M40i
Good post Ling. Thanks for the video. I'm downloading it right now. It looks like you guys had a great time.
Old 09-17-2006, 09:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

none
Well done!

Too many crappy video's out there where you can't even tell whats whats. Nice job on that one.
Old 09-17-2006, 11:16 AM

W221
Awesome video, thanks for posting it!
I've been following this E63 vs E55 debate on E55, E63 forum for a while and it seems to be THE SUBJECT right now. What did guys say in person on the track about E63? How did it feel to be around these power monsters al day long? Have you thought about upgraiding? Did you had a chance to ask DragonAMG about his C55K S7 - it's still a mistery for me - is E55 SO much better than C55K S7?
Old 09-17-2006, 02:20 PM

2006 BMW X5 4.8is and 2005 C55 AMG
Cool video I just think it needs some interviews with some of the people there or at least some of them just talking to each other and a second camera positioned at the end of the track for something to cut to would be cool as well. Also, if anyone could put a camera in their car for some footage that would of been great too.
Old 09-17-2006, 03:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Sorry about the vid guys. Second time I've ever done videography so it's definitely not my thing. After spending about 8 hours on editing that was the best I could do with my limited knowledge. I was planning to do some in-car footage but between filming, taking pictures, and racing I just didn't get around to it. I'm hoping Jay55 got some from his E55. I'll keep you guys posted on that.

I forgot to link you guys to the pics I managed to take: Fontana Pics Click Here

Originally Posted by NeoZero
Good post Ling. Thanks for the video. I'm downloading it right now. It looks like you guys had a great time.
Ken, we had fun despite the tracking being poorly prepped. :Y

Originally Posted by eugeneC55
Awesome video, thanks for posting it!
I've been following this E63 vs E55 debate on E55, E63 forum for a while and it seems to be THE SUBJECT right now. What did guys say in person on the track about E63? How did it feel to be around these power monsters al day long? Have you thought about upgraiding? Did you had a chance to ask DragonAMG about his C55K S7 - it's still a mistery for me - is E55 SO much better than C55K S7?
Eugene, at the beginning of the day EVERYONE was running really bad times. After we figured out that everyone was pretty much running about 0.4-0.6 seconds slower than "normal" we just accepted the fact that California Speedway wasn't going to be a fast track. The crew did almost zero prepping which killed our 60ft times off the line. If you look at the results that Loren posted you'll see the 55k is a little faster than the 63. That was expected as MB/AMG even admits to that. The E63 was about 0.2 seconds slower than the two stock E55's that were there. Again, nothing surprising.

Do you mean "how did I feel to be the one with the least HP?" Well it was a little intimidating but I knew going in I would probably be the slowest one there so not really a big deal. I just wish the track was a little better prepped so everyone could hit their full potential especially Josh (DragonAMG) and Loren.

I didn't really talk to Josh in depth about the c55 s7 vs his current car. However, judging from the times of the C55(11.997@117mph @ 3k ft) versus what he ran Friday (12.011@119mph) you can see that the E55 traps higher meaning he already has the C55 S7 beat if he runs at a better track. I don't know if the E55 is "so much better" than the S7 but the potential is there. I personally have thought about trading to get the E55 but didn't pull the trigger. I didn't feel it was worth the extra money for my needs.

Originally Posted by
RawAMGpower
Cool video I just think it needs some interviews with some of the people there or at least some of them just talking to each other and a second camera positioned at the end of the track for something to cut to would be cool as well. Also, if anyone could put a camera in their car for some footage that would of been great too.
Trust me, I had all these cool ideas beforehand but time just didn't allow me to do what I wanted. Maybe next time I'll just spectate and it won't be as hectic.
Old 09-17-2006, 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by sdsilverm3
Do you mean "how did I feel to be the one with the least HP?" Well it was a little intimidating but I knew going in I would probably be the slowest one there so not really a big deal. I just wish the track was a little better prepped so everyone could hit their full potential especially Josh (DragonAMG) and Loren.

I didn't really talk to Josh in depth about the c55 s7 vs his current car. However, judging from the times of the C55(11.997@117mph @ 3k ft) versus what he ran Friday (12.011@119mph) you can see that the E55 traps higher meaning he already has the C55 S7 beat if he runs at a better track. I don't know if the E55 is "so much better" than the S7 but the potential is there. I personally have thought about trading to get the E55 but didn't pull the trigger. I didn't feel it was worth the extra money for my needs.
I think the C55 has more potential then people give it credit for. With the right tuning it can be a serious beast and Kleemann is not the end all be all of tuning either. Not to start a flame war here, but I'm probably the only person to both ride in Josh's S7 and Benny's RENNtech C55 and I have to say Benny's felt faster. Benny's car had just a much harder neck snapping pull to it. Also 117 @ 3K ft could easily be 119 or greater @ 1500 ft. Everyone likes to bow down to the E55 like its the God of AMG. If all you care about is stock performance then your correct in doing so (at least until a C63 comes around), but if you plan to mod well then its anyone's game.

Trending Topics

Old 09-17-2006, 05:35 PM

W221
Originally Posted by RawAMGpower
I think the C55 has more potential then people give it credit for. With the right tuning it can be a serious beast and Kleemann is not the end all be all of tuning either. Not to start a flame war here, but I'm probably the only person to both ride in Josh's S7 and Benny's RENNtech C55 and I have to say Benny's felt faster. Benny's car had just a much harder neck snapping pull to it. Also 117 @ 3K ft could easily be 119 or greater @ 1500 ft. Everyone likes to bow down to the E55 like its the God of AMG. If all you care about is stock performance then your correct in doing so (at least until a C63 comes around), but if you plan to mod well then its anyone's game.
sdsilverm3, sorry for going off topic but i have to ask RawAMGpower: I envy you for riding in those 2 cars! I'm thinking of either upgrading to E55/E63 or modding my C55 (most likely modding) - Kleeman or Renntech. Can you tell a bit more of the feel of these 2 cars. Did you like one of them more than the other and if yes why. I love the feel of C55 and it seems more nible and agile than E55. I'm aslo thinking of upgrading (997 TT or used SL65) in a couple of years if everything goes as planned so it doesn't make sense to trade in my C55 right now for a loss (my dealer giving me only $31K for my car) for E55/E63 knowing that I would get another car in 2 years. Instead I can just put $15-20K in modding and keep my C for a while. Anyway, just want to get as many opinions on this as possible. E55 guys all say go straight for E55. But the fact the I'm still thinking about it tells me that I'm leaning towards modding.
Old 09-17-2006, 08:10 PM

sdsilverm3, sorry for going off topic but i have to ask RawAMGpower: I envy you for riding in those 2 cars! I'm thinking of either upgrading to E55/E63 or modding my C55 (most likely modding) - Kleeman or Renntech. Can you tell a bit more of the feel of these 2 cars. Did you like one of them more than the other and if yes why. I love the feel of C55 and it seems more nible and agile than E55. I'm aslo thinking of upgrading (997 TT or used SL65) in a couple of years if everything goes as planned so it doesn't make sense to trade in my C55 right now for a loss (my dealer giving me only $31K for my car) for E55/E63 knowing that I would get another car in 2 years. Instead I can just put $15-20K in modding and keep my C for a while. Anyway, just want to get as many opinions on this as possible. E55 guys all say go straight for E55. But the fact the I'm still thinking about it tells me that I'm leaning towards modding.
Well, let me start off by saying both cars are great and both are seriously fast and faster then a stock E55. The C55 K7 car had solid acceleration and a strong pull that seemed to come in the higher rpm's. The exhaust also had a great muscle growl to it. Also the way Kleemann places the super charger and airbox and what not is very nice a clean.

Anyway, on to Benny's car. To put it simply everything about the performance and sound of the car is simply improved. The super charger wind just sounds more aggressive. Off the line his car snaps your neck back instantly and much harder and the pull doesn't let up it just keeps pushing you back harder increasing in speed faster growling louder. From a roll, whatever cruise speed or gear there seems to be limitless power. Like as soon as you get the urge smack back in your seat and to the doctor for another neck brace. You can easliy feel the g-force weight when this RENNtech C55 is accelerating so much so its hard to move.

The C55 K7 did all this too its just the RENNtech took it more to the extreme in terms of how the car felt when accelerating. The only thing I give to Kleeman is that the engine bay looks better in that you can see the SC, but the RENNtech looks good as well with the CF airbox even though it covers the SC.

Here is a link to some video's I posted of Benny's car.

https://mbworld.org/forums/c32-amg-c55-amg-w203/160405-video-bennyz-s-renntech-c55.html

Now if your planning not to add a SC and go the NA mod route It's a toss up, but I would go RENNtech, but that's just me. Kleemann offers ecu, headers, exhaust, and cams however I don't if you can get any of that without getting the SC. RENNtech offers ecu, heasers, and airbox (also know as a RENNtech stage 2). RENNtech also might offer cams through special custom order I think.

I hope this helps. I vote you keep the C55 and mod the fuuck out of it. It's a much lighter body then the E and E55's are just way to common now I see so many housewives driving them and the drive them slow which I think is pathetic.
Old 09-18-2006, 12:04 AM

W221
RawAMGpower - thanks for your input! If I will go with modding I'd get supercharger for sure. Can I assume that $20K will get me SC and some other goodies no matter what tuner (Kleemann or Renntech) I choose?
Old 09-18-2006, 12:34 AM
Almost a Member!

Great video. I really wish I would of been able to make it to the event but just couldn't get out of work. Would you mind horrible if I post your website on one of my San Diego Performance sites?
Old 09-18-2006, 02:24 AM

C55 AMG
sdsilverm3
Are you saying that your time of 13.7 should really be a 13.2 if the the track was better?

What have you run at other tracks then, just curious or your fastest time you have clocked?

Thanks for the video.
Old 09-18-2006, 02:38 AM

Originally Posted by the101dragons
sdsilverm3
Are you saying that your time of 13.7 should really be a 13.2 if the the track was better?

What have you run at other tracks then, just curious or your fastest time you have clocked?

Thanks for the video.
My C55 bone stock ran a 13.214 @ 110mph and the 60 foot was 2.214 on top of which I was going slightly up hill.
Old 09-18-2006, 02:43 AM

RawAMGpower - thanks for your input! If I will go with modding I'd get supercharger for sure. Can I assume that $20K will get me SC and some other goodies no matter what tuner (Kleemann or Renntech) I choose?
Uh yeah $20K will get you a supercharger from either of them along with some extra goodies. You'll love your C55 so much more after its done. Let us know what you decide or PM me if you have any further questions.
Old 09-18-2006, 02:56 AM

C55 AMG
My C55 bone stock ran a 13.214 @ 110mph and the 60 foot was 2.214 on top of which I was going slightly up hill.
IS this on a 1/4 track or some measuring meter. Going up hill, I'm not quite realating.
Old 09-18-2006, 03:21 AM

IS this on a 1/4 track or some measuring meter. Going up hill, I'm not quite realating.
This was using a Gtech pro RR. Ran the car 3 times all got in the 13.2xx @ 108-110mph range. Car has 3500 miles. I ran the car just after it past a 1000 miles using the gtech and I was only getting 13.4xx @ 106-107mph range.
Old 09-18-2006, 03:23 AM

C55 AMG
This was using a Gtech pro RR. Ran the car 3 times all got in the 13.2xx @ 108-110mph range. Car has 3500 miles. I ran the car just after it past a 1000 miles using the gtech and I was only getting 13.4xx @ 106-107mph range.
Ok, got you know. I was speculating you doing this method instead of track. thanks. So I'm guessing no real track times you have logged then.
Old 09-18-2006, 03:35 AM

Ok, got you know. I was speculating you doing this method instead of track. thanks. So I'm guessing no real track times you have logged then.
Yeah every track near me is over a hour drive away. I haven't taken the C55 to one of them yet, but I plan too after I finish some things on it. I run the car on a street that's right near that has a perfect 1/4 mile stretch the only problem with it is that it goes slightly up hill the last 200 feet.
Old 09-18-2006, 08:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by 05PewterE55
Great video. I really wish I would of been able to make it to the event but just couldn't get out of work. Would you mind horrible if I post your website on one of my San Diego Performance sites?
Don't mind at all.

sdsilverm3

Thanks for the video.
I don't think it would have been at 13.2 but somewhere in the neighborhood of 13.4 or so. I've ran at the Qualcomm 1/8th mile events and my best time out there was 8.7. I was unable to duplicate that at Fontana. Like Fontana, the Qualcomm track isn't greatly prepped either if you talk to racers who frequent the Q but at least it felt better there tractionwise. I had some room for improvement with the 60ft times (should be down in the 1.8-1.9 range according to some C-AMG owners). I wish I could have launched at a higher RPM and have the tires stick but it just wasn't happening. If you listen to the video most of us were just spinning it through first gear and, for the higher HP guys, some of second gear too. Oh well.
Old 09-18-2006, 12:20 PM

W221
Uh yeah $20K will get you a supercharger from either of them along with some extra goodies. You'll love your C55 so much more after its done. Let us know what you decide or PM me if you have any further questions.
You got PM. Thanks!

Last edited by eugeneC55; 09-18-2006 at 12:22 PM.