Rate Thread

Old 01-10-2011 | 01:18 AM

chrysler crossfire srt6
custom intercooler system

c32 did anyone find a solution
Old 01-10-2011 | 07:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S600, GL450, Audi A5 Cab
Not one that showed any gains. Code3 had one for awhile, but it had fitment issues, and did not deliver what was promised.

The market is just too small for any real company to make an honest effort at it, IMHO.
Old 01-10-2011 | 07:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 porsche 996 turbo
this is the best setup ever just need them to modify it to fit the srt-6! what do you go by on the xfire forum?

https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/...ubes-what.html
Old 01-10-2011 | 09:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

PLAID
Originally Posted by MRAMG1
Not one that showed any gains. Code3 had one for awhile, but it had fitment issues, and did not deliver what was promised.

The market is just too small for any real company to make an honest effort at it, IMHO.
I have the Code 3 IC replacement and yes, there were fitment issues on early editions (runs), but they were resolved. A lil grind here and there on the inserts and it went right in..........How do I know? We just installed it last month.

Does it deliver what was promised?? What was promised by Brandon on this? I don't know, but it seems to work fine.

OT, the Code 3 cool can works very well and Brandon's HE is probably the best I have seen.
Old 01-10-2011 | 10:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 porsche 996 turbo
Originally Posted by Newzchspy

OT, Brandon's HE is probably the best I have seen.
thats because you have never seen a supercooler!! 16"t x 26"w 1" d
thing flows massive amounts. im 80* cooler than the engine temps
Old 01-10-2011 | 10:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

PLAID
Originally Posted by 320 dreamer
thats because you have never seen a supercooler!! 16"t x 26"w 1" d
thing flows massive amounts. im 80* cooler than the engine temps
You have one??? Love to see a pict of it??? Still, for the $$ I paid and the ease of installation, the Code 3 was a nice piece.
Old 01-10-2011 | 10:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S600, GL450, Audi A5 Cab
I have the Code 3 IC replacement and yes, there were fitment issues on early editions (runs), but they were resolved. A lil grind here and there on the inserts and it went right in..........How do I know? We just installed it last month.

Does it deliver what was promised?? What was promised by Brandon on this? I don't know, but it seems to work fine.OT, the Code 3 cool can works very well and Brandon's HE is probably the best I have seen.
Hey chspy:

What was promised was a MUCH larger core, less pressure drop, ability to increase boost and still contain the IATs.

Thats all my friend.

I NEVER said it wasn't a good piece, I just said it did not live up to the hype/expectations

I had Brandon's very first HE and loved it. And yes it was an excellent piece that lived up to its expectations. Although it did not clear the headlight washers. Which was an easy fix.
Old 01-10-2011 | 12:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 porsche 996 turbo
yes i have a supercooler installed in my 32. forum wont let me double post so check out post #20 on the thread i linked. pics there
https://mbworld.org/forums/c32-amg-c...eparation.html
Old 01-11-2011 | 12:25 PM

2005 E55
the Code 3 cool can works very well and Brandon's HE is probably the best I have seen.
Totally agree. It installs so perfectly. It's even a better design than factory. The supercooler is one of those things that won't fit on our C32's; right Steve?
Old 01-11-2011 | 03:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

PLAID
yes i have a supercooler installed in my 32. forum wont let me double post so check out post #20 on the thread i linked. pics there
https://mbworld.org/forums/c32-amg-c...eparation.html
I have the Needswings IC by-pass kit installed?? Is that what we're talking about here??
Old 01-11-2011 | 06:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 porsche 996 turbo
I have the Needswings IC by-pass kit installed?? Is that what we're talking about here??
if you look at post 20 on the link you will see a radiator that has been modified to work as a heat exchanger. the i/c sep was just a 2$ bonus.
whether or not it fits is a question only someone with a c32 can answer. what i was hoping to show you was that a larger than oem can be built for under 350$ and installed as a diy. you would need to measure the area in front of your radiator and then look thru jegs catalog for a rad that fits the dimensions. cut the inlet and outlet off weld them up and install tubes on the pass. side of the rad. a couple brackets and your golden!
Old 01-11-2011 | 06:30 PM

2001 C32 AMG
That thread is a interesting read. I just purchased a NeedWings Isolation kit but I do not have a aftermarket heat exchanger. For the price and logic I thought the isolation kit was a step I should take for sure.. but I don't want to pour the $$$ in for the heat exchanger with the freight killing it for me to Sydney.. even with just a Code3 Pulley and no 185 I'm hoping to see some lower IAT especially since I run a Code3 intake as well so some of the air coming in is hot
Old 01-12-2011 | 01:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

PLAID
if you look at post 20 on the link you will see a radiator that has been modified to work as a heat exchanger. the i/c sep was just a 2$ bonus.
whether or not it fits is a question only someone with a c32 can answer. what i was hoping to show you was that a larger than oem can be built for under 350$ and installed as a diy. you would need to measure the area in front of your radiator and then look thru jegs catalog for a rad that fits the dimensions. cut the inlet and outlet off weld them up and install tubes on the pass. side of the rad. a couple brackets and your golden!
C32 does NOT have near the room the SRT does for cooling or intake mods , particularly in the front where its very tight..............The Code 3 "cool can" reservoir barely fit in back of the radiator near the fan shrouding and the engine (moving components)

I guess we could make some space BUT there is simply not a lot to work with. Our only alternative, and this has been explored in other posts, is to isolate the IC (as you did) and use the washer tank/other tank as a reservoir in the battery box area with battery in trunk. I've seen this done on other AMGs.
Old 01-12-2011 | 02:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 porsche 996 turbo
C32 does NOT have near the room the SRT does for cooling or intake mods , particularly in the front where its very tight..............The Code 3 "cool can" reservoir barely fit in back of the radiator near the fan shrouding and the engine (moving components)

I guess we could make some space BUT there is simply not a lot to work with. Our only alternative, and this has been explored in other posts, is to isolate the IC (as you did) and use the washer tank/other tank as a reservoir in the battery box area with battery in trunk. I've seen this done on other AMGs.
i have a slk32 which is tight also in the front. much more room in the srt-6. creativity is what is needed! i relocated my horns under the front frame rail changed the p/s line for a n/w unit to allow more room, removed all the unneeded plastic pieces that run under the rad support to give me the needed room. my supercooler fits so tight i didnt have to bolt it in a few heavy duty tie wraps and some pipe insulation and it hasnt moved at all since install.

i want to reiterate that my supercooler may not fit your car but with some research im sure theres a rad that can be modded the way mine was that would fit and give more surface area to cool and allow for more fluid to be used. as theres no more c3 h/e and the ones on the market are only marginally bigger its worth looking into.
remember thicker isnt always better. a thinner(1") rad will allow air to pass quicker than a thicker core will. more surface area cooling is what you are shooting for. and just for clarity my supercooler is in front of my oem radiator on the grille side of the rad. support

if you look at post 46 i have a few pics of the h/e installed. you can see were the oem tubes were welded up and the new tubes welded in
https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/...estions-2.html

Last edited by 320 dreamer; 01-12-2011 at 03:09 PM.