Sponsored by:

I joined the MHP family

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-28-2010, 03:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 C63 amg
I joined the MHP family

hello all, I purchased the header/tune combo from MHP. I installed the new ecu/tune yesterday and all that I can say is WOW. what a world of difference. the car feels like a whole new beast, and pulls like a freight train! the headers should arrive in about 3 weeks so I will report back after I have them installed as well. I am still in the break in period of tune, so it is only getting faster the more that I drive it. I am extremely glad that I decided to go with MHP. I can't wait to feel the power and sound of the headers!
Old 07-28-2010, 04:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Originally Posted by 2010c63amg
hello all, I purchased the header/tune combo from MHP. I installed the new ecu/tune yesterday and all that I can say is WOW. what a world of difference. the car feels like a whole new beast, and pulls like a freight train! the headers should arrive in about 3 weeks so I will report back after I have them installed as well. I am still in the break in period of tune, so it is only getting faster the more that I drive it. I am extremely glad that I decided to go with MHP. I can't wait to feel the power and sound of the headers!
Congrats on your new mods.... and wait till you install the headers, you won't even recognize your car anymore when you experience how strong it will pull through the entire rpm band
Old 07-28-2010, 04:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
See Sig
Got some data for us? Before and after dyno pulls?
Old 07-28-2010, 04:51 PM

2010 C63 amg
I will see what I can do. the is that there not any good dynos near me
Old 07-28-2010, 04:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
I will see what I can do. the is that there not any good dynos near me
They didn't give before and after pulls when getting the tune? I know its not always available, my personally I wont do this tune without seeing the data in front of my face before and after. You might be missing some HP and you wouldn't know it.

Seek out a dyno if you can and compare your numbers to others on this site.
Old 07-28-2010, 05:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'15 VW GTI
^+1
After spending the amount of $$$ it took to get this tune/header setup, you'd be almost foolish not to have at least an after dyno. The butt dyno is simply not enough.
Old 07-28-2010, 05:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts
Anything W/4Wheels
You got em. Sweeet. Good luck and drive safe I know what u doing while braking in the tune lol. You think it's a beast now wait till you get the headers u in for a big surprise. Anyway since you don't have a baseline Dyno forget about that just hit the track. Does are the numbers that really matter. Dyno number are just bragging numbers the 1/4 numbers are the real deal. Good luck.
Old 07-28-2010, 05:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Originally Posted by propain
They didn't give before and after pulls when getting the tune? I know its not always available, my personally I wont do this tune without seeing the data in front of my face before and after. You might be missing some HP and you wouldn't know it.

Seek out a dyno if you can and compare your numbers to others on this site.
By the way, there are at least 12 MHP dynos on this site - most done by customers independently in different states and some in different countries. But aside from the whole "dyno numbers" discussion, track numbers speak for themselves. I've seen many different dynos from many different companies all showing very similar results. However, on the track (AKA real-world conditions), it seems that only MHP cars (and one RennTech car) are in the low to mid 11s. So far, I've seen at least 3 competitor cars on the track run 12.1 to 12.5 despite showing high dyno numbers.

So be very careful when buying a tune. Don't just go with any company that offers high dyno numbers. Consider the whole package: dyno, track data, high-speed runs, etc....
Old 07-28-2010, 06:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
2014 Audi RS7
Originally Posted by MB_Forever
By the way, there are at least 12 MHP dynos on this site - most done by customers independently in different states and some in different countries. But aside from the whole "dyno numbers" discussion, track numbers speak for themselves. I've seen many different dynos from many different companies all showing very similar results. However, on the track (AKA real-world conditions), it seems that only MHP cars (and one RennTech car) are in the low to mid 11s. So far, I've seen at least 3 competitor cars on the track run 12.1 to 12.5 despite showing high dyno numbers.

So be very careful when buying a tune. Don't just go with any company that offers high dyno numbers. Consider the whole package: dyno, track data, high-speed runs, etc....
Couldn't have said it better myself !
Welcome aboard. You have no idea what you just started. Lol
Old 07-29-2010, 03:04 AM

C63 AMG
Congrats!!! You'll be grinning from ear to ear once those LTs are put on.
Old 07-29-2010, 07:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2013 Chevy 427 Torch Red
What a difference another 100whp in a drivable package makes. You will really like the transformation. The improvement in roll on acceleration moves the car into a different class and most importantly seperates you from all the other similiar performance cars(M3,5,6 ISF CTSV etc) MOST of which are un-modded. However others know how to play the game as well and have better toys available than headers and a tune.
Old 07-29-2010, 07:52 AM

pick up
Congrats on your new mods man.
Old 07-29-2010, 09:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Originally Posted by MB_Forever

So many factors to simply state, MHP has better 1/4 mile runs with the same dyno numbers on both cars.

Id love to see a side by side on this as proof. Same car, 1 MHP the other K1. Same driver. Same Tires. Same Track. Same Climate. Same Gas.

I would put money they would run almost equal. Dyno numbers translate to the track. The driver is also a huge factor. If you have a more experienced a stock C63 can beat a MHP tune.

From my research into ECU modding the C63 the only factor is personal choice and price. Otherwise you will get the same result if its done properly. (Thus the dyno)
Old 07-29-2010, 09:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Anything W/4Wheels
So many factors to simply state, MHP has better 1/4 mile runs with the same dyno numbers on both cars.

Id love to see a side by side on this as proof. Same car, 1 MHP the other K1. Same driver. Same Tires. Same Track. Same Climate. Same Gas.

I would put money they would run almost equal. Dyno numbers translate to the track. The driver is also a huge factor. If you have a more experienced a stock C63 can beat a MHP tune.

From my research into ECU modding the C63 the only factor is personal choice and price. Otherwise you will get the same result if its done properly. (Thus the dyno)
remember couple months ago when they did the miami mile run?
well there was a eurocharged c63 (tune only) and a MHP c63 (tune only). did you see the results?
Old 07-29-2010, 09:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Originally Posted by mthis
remember couple months ago when they did the miami mile run?
well there was a eurocharged c63 (tune only) and a MHP c63 (tune only). did you see the results?
Same driver? Same tires?

Dont remember the result though...

Not to really get into it with ya bro, but I know your an MHP poster boy. Of course your gonna be biased.
Old 07-29-2010, 10:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Anything W/4Wheels
Same driver? Same tires?

Dont remember the result though...

Not to really get into it with ya bro, but I know your an MHP poster boy. Of course your gonna be biased.
here you go, im just posting the facts. thats a 4MPH diff.
results speak for them selfs.
not the same drive but that should not matter, its not hard to drive a automatic

https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...pant-list.html

do you want me to take you for a ride dude? and show you what a extra 100+ rw in a c63 feels like.

Last edited by mthis; 07-29-2010 at 10:08 AM.
Old 07-29-2010, 10:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
here you go, im just posting the facts. thats a 4MPH diff.
results speak for them selfs.
not the same drive but that should not matter, its not hard to drive a automatic
https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...pant-list.html
1 driver could weigh 50-75 pounds more than the other. That will make a big difference.

http://www.dragtimes.com/Mercedes-Be...lip-20089.html

Here is a 1/4 mile run with a K1 tune and MHP headers running a 11.5
Old 07-29-2010, 10:20 AM

2010 C63 amg
To me dyno numbers are for a gauge of change. I would have loved to have done a before and after. But since I am still in the break in period of the tune, and the tune was made to match the headers the numbers wouldn't be true numbers. Once I get the headers installed I will be heading to the track. And as far as different drivers go, these cars are autos so there is not as much driver error here like manuals. Notice that I said not as much, there is still some. The track numbers don’t lie though, dyno numbers can/will depending on who or where you get it done. It took me lots of research before I pulled the trigger on this combo. In the end results speak for themselves. And MHP has proven results. I am not an MHP fanboy, but a happy satisfied customer. I will give another update after I get the headers installed as well.
Old 07-29-2010, 10:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Anything W/4Wheels
1 driver could weigh 50-75 pounds more than the other. That will make a big difference.

http://www.dragtimes.com/Mercedes-Be...lip-20089.html

Here is a 1/4 mile run with a K1 tune and MHP headers running a 11.5
bro i have 5-6 passes running in the 11.5's all in positive DA.

he was running skinnys .1.2 faster and thats was once he ran 11.5.
ask hhughes1 im sure he will tell u

dude MHP's tune is more powerfull and its been proven alot of times.

PS 50-75 LB's dont make a 4MPH diff

Last edited by mthis; 07-29-2010 at 10:43 AM.
Old 07-29-2010, 10:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
To me dyno numbers are for a gauge of change. I would have loved to have done a before and after. But since I am still in the break in period of the tune, and the tune was made to match the headers the numbers wouldn't be true numbers. Once I get the headers installed I will be heading to the track. And as far as different drivers go, these cars are autos so there is not as much driver error here like manuals. Notice that I said not as much, there is still some. The track numbers don’t lie though, dyno numbers can/will depending on who or where you get it done. It took me lots of research before I pulled the trigger on this combo. In the end results speak for themselves. And MHP has proven results. I am not an MHP fanboy, but a happy satisfied customer. I will give another update after I get the headers installed as well.
I am not against MHP one bit. Mthis and Dads63 are great guys and have been an inspiration to many on this forum. I appreciate their advice and opinion. But a claim that MHP is better than all requires more proof for me.

Gratz on the tune, im going in for mine soon. TTmotors. K1 tune.
Old 07-29-2010, 10:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Anything W/4Wheels
I am not against MHP one bit. Mthis and Dads63 are great guys and have been an inspiration to many on this forum. I appreciate their advice and opinion. But a claim that MHP is better than all requires more proof for me.

Gratz on the tune, im going in for mine soon. TTmotors. K1 tune.
if you going to TTmotors why not get the OE tune? someone picked up 11rw on his e63, from kleemann tune to OE. just thought i should share with you before you doit.

Last edited by mthis; 07-29-2010 at 10:52 AM.
Old 07-29-2010, 10:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
bro i have 5-6 passes running in the 11.5's all in positive DA.

he was running skinnys .1.2 faster and thats was once he ran 11.5.
ask hhughes1 im sure he will tell u

dude MHP's tune is more powerfull and its been proven alot of times.

PS 50-75 LB's dont make a 4MPH diff
Still dont see the proof. What makes the MHP tune better other than saying "Its better" How about some tech specs to back it up other than "Its faster"

Im sure I can put up as much "proof" about K1 and you can dig up about MHP.

Im not gonna argue with you. Like I said, I know you and Dad's are MHP poster boys on this forum so its pointless.
Old 07-29-2010, 10:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
if you going to TTmotors why not get the OE tune? someone picked up 11rw on his e63, from kleemann tune to OE. just thought i should share with you before you doit.
That a big difference. Ill look into the OE as well I guess.
Old 07-29-2010, 10:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Anything W/4Wheels
Still dont see the proof. What makes the MHP tune better other than saying "Its better" How about some tech specs to back it up other than "Its faster"

Im sure I can put up as much "proof" about K1 and you can dig up about MHP.

Im not gonna argue with you. Like I said, I know you and Dad's are MHP poster boys on this forum so its pointless.
you rite this can go on back a forth good luck with you quest in more power for you beast.
Old 07-29-2010, 10:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
you rite this can go on back a forth good luck with you quest in more power for you beast.
Yeah dude, I respect your opinion and dont wanna argue with ya. Ill look into MHP as well and do some more research. Im not sold on the K1 or any brand for that matter. I just want what best for my baby.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I joined the MHP family