Sponsored by:

Active sound module

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-14-2018, 02:04 AM

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
C63 amg esate
Originally Posted by AlexZTuned

Wouldn’t surprise me if he didn’t know or even notice how idle speed and sound increases in Sport+/Race.
I certainly do know the difference and why the sound increases with revs, I’ve been with cars all of my adult life, I’m especially interested in the mechanical side and how things work, modern petrol cars all work on the old principal, fuel, air, spark but are so full of electronics they need gadgets like this one to make them sound good.
Old 05-14-2018, 07:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 368 Likes on 262 Posts
2017 Porsche 911 C4
Originally Posted by Fordgt40

I certainly do know the difference and why the sound increases with revs, I’ve been with cars all of my adult life, I’m especially interested in the mechanical side and how things work, modern petrol cars all work on the old principal, fuel, air, spark but are so full of electronics they need gadgets like this one to make them sound good.
So was your car in comfort mode when you shot that video?
Old 05-14-2018, 07:41 AM

C63 amg esate
It was in comfort and I must admit there is a tiny difference in sport plus but it is only slight between module and factory and non at all that I can hear when on the move, I apologise if I’ve stirred a bit of a hornets nest but I was just reporting what I found, I’m not going to loose sleep over it and maybe it’s me expecting too much.
Old 05-14-2018, 10:47 AM
KJ

Received 113 Likes on 74 Posts
2020 GLE 53 AMG
It was in comfort and I must admit there is a tiny difference in sport plus but it is only slight between module and factory and non at all that I can hear when on the move, I apologise if I’ve stirred a bit of a hornets nest but I was just reporting what I found, I’m not going to loose sleep over it and maybe it’s me expecting too much.
That's what I thought, I'm glad I was able to help.

I'm sure if you drive around town at low RPM, it will be a noticeable difference.

At WOT, you probably won't notice any difference since the valves would be open 100% in both instances.
Old 05-14-2018, 10:47 AM

C63 amg esate
It’s very strange, I’ve looked at the position of the valves when idling, in sport plus, module’ loud’ valves are fully open, stock ‘loud’ valves close, difficult to tell how far but they looked fully closed, the sound is pretty much the same valves open or closed but it is louder than the vid, when in quiet mode valves close and it goes quieter with both module and stock so something is altering the sound other than the rear valves, very odd.
Old 05-14-2018, 08:34 PM

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
'18 C63s Coupe
It’s very strange, I’ve looked at the position of the valves when idling, in sport plus, module’ loud’ valves are fully open, stock ‘loud’ valves close, difficult to tell how far but they looked fully closed, the sound is pretty much the same valves open or closed but it is louder than the vid, when in quiet mode valves close and it goes quieter with both module and stock so something is altering the sound other than the rear valves, very odd.
It's the valve at the H-pipe (which is not affected by the ASR unit). It would be interesting to see how the sound is impacted by forcing the H valve open (or closed) at all times. I think some others have considered trying this (by installing a valve simulator, for example), but don't recall reading if anyone has actually done so.
Old 05-15-2018, 09:41 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2015 C63S
Still waiting on mine to move from Germany. Had this status for over a week now...Status.: Export parcel center.Next step.: The international shipment is being prepared for forwarding to the destination country

Really hoping to get it by next week! I'm heading to a MBCA Car Show/Get-together and would love to have it on by then.
Old 05-15-2018, 10:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 178 Likes on 143 Posts
Mercedes-Benz E63s AMG
Yeah, mine had a status on the DHL website that it was being transferred to USPS in the US, and the USPS site says that it's waiting to receive the package, but no change in status for about a week now...

Anybody else in the US receive theirs yet?
Old 05-15-2018, 10:05 AM

Received 72 Likes on 50 Posts
2019 Audi SQ5, 2011 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4wd, 2016 Ford Focus se Hatchback
Originally Posted by skim7x
Yeah, mine had a status on the DHL website that it was being transferred to USPS in the US, and the USPS site says that it's waiting to receive the package, but no change in status for about a week now...

Anybody else in the US receive theirs yet?
Same here.
Old 05-15-2018, 03:04 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
C63
Is that on a cold engine, mine does that but when hot it’s how you see it on the vid, have you switched between the top two buttons to see if there’s a difference, the right one, as far as I know switches back to stock and allows the original button to work, well it does on mine and as you see on the vid it makes no difference.

One advantage is it starts on loud without having to press the start button twice with foot off the brake.

I’m not with the car at the moment so I’ll have a good look to see what happens to the valves movement between stock and module tomorrow.

So in this vid it’s in S+. Exhaust button on, using asr remote top two buttons-open and stock. The last press was to close valves

Old 05-15-2018, 03:46 PM

Received 70 Likes on 55 Posts
2016 C63S
Originally Posted by See63esS
Same here.
Same
Old 05-15-2018, 10:35 PM

Received 33 Likes on 22 Posts
2018 C63S Coupe
I still haven't received tracking information...
Old 05-16-2018, 12:22 AM

2016 C63S
Originally Posted by HarrySeaward
I still haven't received tracking information...
when did you ask him? Most of us got it within an hour or so
Old 05-16-2018, 07:19 AM

Received 101 Likes on 75 Posts
'17 AMG C63S Edition 1 Coupe, '18 AMG C63S Convertible, '19 AMG GLS63
I don't think I received tracking info, but I received a package notification that requires my signature in the mail yesterday. Sender: "Germany"
Old 05-16-2018, 12:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W205 C63 Coupe
Got my tracking # pretty soon after I emailed him. It sat in Germany for awhile but USPS shows it’ll be delivered today (I’m in CA).
Old 05-16-2018, 12:15 PM

2016 C63S
Originally Posted by amgchr1s
Got my tracking # pretty soon after I emailed him. It sat in Germany for awhile but USPS shows it’ll be delivered today (I’m in CA).
sorry for the stupid question but can you track it on USPS with that same DHL tracking number? When I click the USPS link on the DHL page, it simply goes to the post office’s home page.

EDIT - I tried the DHL tracking # in USPS and it did come up with something (barely) on their site, saying "Origin Post is Preparing Shipment
We have received notice that the originating post is preparing to dispatch this mail piece."

When I track it on the DHL site, it comes up with nothing now. "No result found for your DHL query. Please try again."

So, it appears mine is in limbo!

Odd you got yours in CA and I don't even have any real tangible info on the east coast.

Last edited by ezatnova; 05-16-2018 at 12:26 PM.
Old 05-16-2018, 12:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes-Benz E63s AMG
I get the same thing when I use the tracking number on USPS... It hasn't been updated for me yet either (Texas)
Old 05-16-2018, 03:27 PM

W205 C63 Coupe
Originally Posted by ezatnova

sorry for the stupid question but can you track it on USPS with that same DHL tracking number? When I click the USPS link on the DHL page, it simply goes to the post office’s home page.

EDIT - I tried the DHL tracking # in USPS and it did come up with something (barely) on their site, saying "Origin Post is Preparing Shipment
We have received notice that the originating post is preparing to dispatch this mail piece."

When I track it on the DHL site, it comes up with nothing now. "No result found for your DHL query. Please try again."

So, it appears mine is in limbo!

Odd you got yours in CA and I don't even have any real tangible info on the east coast.
not a stupid question at all 😊 my package says it just got delivered so I’m gonna go check with my front desk right now. DHL still shows tracking info for me even though it’s been transferred to USPS already.

Also mine passed through NJ on May 11 so you should definitely have seen some updates by now. But USPS is not that great maybe they just haven’t updated yet.. keeping my fingers crossed for ya 🤞
Old 05-16-2018, 03:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes-Benz E63s AMG
So weird... DHL website's last update on my package was 5/7/18: "The consignment is transported to the destination country and handed over to the delivery organization."

And USPS just says "Your package is on its way to a USPS facility."

So... nothing for 7 business days... I have to assume it's in the country... but weird that USPS has no updates, and it's an hour wait for USPS customer service =P *POS USPS*
Old 05-16-2018, 03:35 PM

W205 C63 Coupe
Originally Posted by skim7x
So weird... DHL website's last update on my package was 5/7/18: "The consignment is transported to the destination country and handed over to the delivery organization."

And USPS just says "Your package is on its way to a USPS facility."

So... nothing for 7 business days... I have to assume it's in the country... but weird that USPS has no updates, and it's an hour wait for USPS customer service =P *POS USPS*
USPS shows mine left Germany on May 7 as well and arrives in NJ on May 11. It’s most likely just USPS being lazy to update 😿
Old 05-16-2018, 04:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2017 Porsche 911 C4
Mine left on May 7th as well. USPS says "We have received notice that the originating post is preparing to dispatch this mail piece." So hopefully should have it by the weekend, definitely not any later than early next week.
Old 05-16-2018, 05:30 PM

Received 101 Likes on 75 Posts
'17 AMG C63S Edition 1 Coupe, '18 AMG C63S Convertible, '19 AMG GLS63
Wondering why the package is lost in transit, then magically reappears and resumes tracking progress later? http://www.businessinsider.com/nsa-t...ackages-2014-5
Old 05-16-2018, 07:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes-Benz E63s AMG
Hehe... I'm sure they're focusing on packages from Russia, not so much Germany at this point =P
Old 05-17-2018, 11:50 AM

2017 C63S AMG Sedan
Received my module In mail today (I’m located in Australia). Took not even 5 minutes to install. Very easy. I already have a secondary decat.

Whilst the module certainly does open the back flap (you can see it open when you press the remote), it’s still not fully open.

The car is still the loudest when your foot is off the brake or out of park and moving slowly... was really hoping that the flap which is activated by the brake would always be fully open.. still happy with it, just thought it would get rid of that problem.

Is there any way way to get that flap open fully that changes with the pressure of the brake with the module? Or is my module installed incorrectly? What’s everyone else’s findings?
Old 05-17-2018, 02:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2017 Porsche 911 C4
Originally Posted by RP001
Received my module In mail today (I’m located in Australia). Took not even 5 minutes to install. Very easy. I already have a secondary decat.

Whilst the module certainly does open the back flap (you can see it open when you press the remote), it’s still not fully open.

The car is still the loudest when your foot is off the brake or out of park and moving slowly... was really hoping that the flap which is activated by the brake would always be fully open.. still happy with it, just thought it would get rid of that problem.

Is there any way way to get that flap open fully that changes with the pressure of the brake with the module? Or is my module installed incorrectly? What’s everyone else’s findings?
The H-Pipe valve is what’s closing when you press on the brake. I don’t know of anyone who has tried forcing it open, but I’m planning on testing one of my simulators on it when I get my ASR module installed.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Active sound module