CLK63 Black Series Forum & Registry Information and discussion on the W209 CLK63 AMG Black Series and Registry for all owners.

This forum is B%&ll Sh%T!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-20-2007, 11:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This forum is B%&ll Sh%T!

I can't believe these threads. Will the car appreciate? Who's paying > MSRP? Who's getting what over MSRP? Will the ride be too harsh if I drive to AZ? Why no sun roof? What about the pile of wax on my air intakes? Who's calling who out? I can't believe the B%&ll Sh%T!

I know AMG cars are usually bought by doctors who need to spend more on their MB than their neighbor, but I thought this thread might show some hope. Not.

Has anyone tracked their car? Can anyone talk with some credibility about the adjustable suspension and what has worked for them? What tire pressures do you like? Can you guys drive an autocross without looking like your trolling for a spot in a parking garage?

This car is like no other MB (other than the DTM, but who got one of those?) yet there is nothing here about what this car is about. Is there anyone out there who bought this car for anything more than rare auto bling? I'm calling you all out as a bunch of auto p*ssies.
Old 09-20-2007, 11:05 PM

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts
2006 E55
Why are you so angry at the world?
Old 09-20-2007, 11:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
300E a couple 1994 w124wagon E320 Wagon/,1971MGB Track/Rally, MG Midget Autocross ,2000 E320 wagon.
Line

them all up and take a nice pic,will you?until then we will just chalk you up as another tommyboy,long on talk and short on action!

"GOT CRED?"
And should your screen name not be,Gjerken?

Last edited by ohlord; 09-20-2007 at 11:14 PM.
Old 09-20-2007, 11:21 PM

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
07 CLS 63 09 GL550, 98 Honda Prelude, 08 Honda Civic...yes too many cars
I dont understand what you are so angry about, all this talk from a guy with 3-4 exotics to his name...
Old 09-21-2007, 12:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
2014 C63 Sedan
wow dude need a reality check
Old 09-21-2007, 12:55 AM

2008 Porsche 997 C4S Cabriolet
Hilarious 1st post from someone who's been a member since May 2004.

Until he can post some pics of his so called cars,

L
O
S
E
R

js
Old 09-21-2007, 01:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2006 SL600, 2001 S500, 1996 SL320
Bye Bye!!!

Bye Bye!!!!
Old 09-21-2007, 10:51 AM
Administrator

Received 796 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
Originally Posted by jgerken
I can't believe these threads. Will the car appreciate? Who's paying > MSRP? Who's getting what over MSRP? Will the ride be too harsh if I drive to AZ? Why no sun roof? What about the pile of wax on my air intakes? Who's calling who out? I can't believe the B%&ll Sh%T!

I know AMG cars are usually bought by doctors who need to spend more on their MB than their neighbor, but I thought this thread might show some hope. Not.

Has anyone tracked their car? Can anyone talk with some credibility about the adjustable suspension and what has worked for them? What tire pressures do you like? Can you guys drive an autocross without looking like your trolling for a spot in a parking garage?

This car is like no other MB (other than the DTM, but who got one of those?) yet there is nothing here about what this car is about. Is there anyone out there who bought this car for anything more than rare auto bling? I'm calling you all out as a bunch of auto p*ssies.
Whats worse than complainers is a complainer about complainers. Take it easy with the language or you can enjoy your single post and go home. The forum is for consideration of all topics not just positive and right now the topic is mainly about value. If you are ok with what you paid so be it but others have concerns and can voice their opinions. Its ok for you to complain dont get me wrong but dont call us p.ussies behind your keyboard.
Old 09-21-2007, 01:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes Benz
Ok this poster is pretty aggressive and his method of expressing his point of view is clearly questionable BUT I see his point.

The Black series is a great car for what it was designed to be. For a luxury car capable of spending the entire day at the track chasing the clock its an excellent vehicle. I have spent countless days beating the heck out an MB at the track can relate to him saying that we are all missing the best part of this car (that being the adjustable suspension and camber plates). If I had a Black Series I would be at willow springs at 1200 miles with my stopwatch in my hand and 5 hrs of track time to waste. It would likely go home needing a set of tires and brake pads but it would be worth it in every way.

Now given this guys post is a bit rude he likely points out why the black series will be a "flop" on the market. How many people will buy a MB for a track car? Not many MB drivers care about late braking and decreasing radius corners so this car falls on a market with very few potential buyers.

I give the car endless respect for what it was deigned to be and I also say it wont be the average AMG buyers cup of tea.

Most people would rather buy a SL65 for 120k than this CLK63 BS. For those that want a MB track car its a blessing from above. Most people wont track the car and the one guy on the forum who I figured would take the car to willow seems to have his car up for sale already. I dont know why he has it up for sale but I would love to hear why as I would value his opinion. For the rest of the people out there a smooth riding car with crazy power (SL65) fits their bill better.

Thoughts?
Old 09-21-2007, 02:16 PM
Out Of Control!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How old are you?
Old 09-21-2007, 02:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 EuroElites E55
well the way i see it is i cant afford this car or i would probably already have one, and if i took it to the track or not would be my own business. but i would guess that the only track it would see would be the 1/4 mile. people buy cars they like, just cuzz the car is a great track car dosnt mean it needs to be on the track. i have a 6 bed room house with only 1 kid does that mean i need to have 4 more kids? or i should of bought a house with 2 rooms? nope i got the house i wanted. same goes with my nike 360 runnin shoes do i have to run if i wear them? i can keep goin but i think you guys get the idea.
Old 09-21-2007, 02:31 PM
LZH
Banned

CLK 63 Black Series, 2009 S550, 2011 Range Rover Supercharged, BMW F800 GS Anniv Edition
I took mine to the track and loved it. Maybe if the original poster had done a bit more research he would have seen my posts here:

https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...=207713&page=3
Old 09-21-2007, 02:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
jgerkin live cam is now up

Watch him in action

Old 09-21-2007, 02:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
06 SL65 / 97 993tt /11 Suburban/ 2012 GTR (AMG è la mia Famiglia la Bestia è la mia protezione)
Originally Posted by CynCarvin32
Ok this poster is pretty aggressive and his method of expressing his point of view is clearly questionable BUT I see his point.

The Black series is a great car for what it was designed to be. For a luxury car capable of spending the entire day at the track chasing the clock its an excellent vehicle. I have spent countless days beating the heck out an MB at the track can relate to him saying that we are all missing the best part of this car (that being the adjustable suspension and camber plates). If I had a Black Series I would be at willow springs at 1200 miles with my stopwatch in my hand and 5 hrs of track time to waste. It would likely go home needing a set of tires and brake pads but it would be worth it in every way.

Now given this guys post is a bit rude he likely points out why the black series will be a "flop" on the market. How many people will buy a MB for a track car? Not many MB drivers care about late braking and decreasing radius corners so this car falls on a market with very few potential buyers.

I give the car endless respect for what it was deigned to be and I also say it wont be the average AMG buyers cup of tea.

Most people would rather buy a SL65 for 120k than this CLK63 BS. For those that want a MB track car its a blessing from above. Most people wont track the car and the one guy on the forum who I figured would take the car to willow seems to have his car up for sale already. I dont know why he has it up for sale but I would love to hear why as I would value his opinion. For the rest of the people out there a smooth riding car with crazy power (SL65) fits their bill better.

Thoughts?
I can't disagree...Unfortunately, the BS won't be utilized to its full potential by a significant portion of the people who get it because they neither have the inclination or the driving skill to do so...Mainly, its just getting the newest and coolest thing on the block for people to see.

I've been guilty of that too...but since modding my car I realize IF I DON'T take it to the track I'll be missing the point of modding the engine, brakes, and suspension in the first place. It's like getting the hottest girlfriend on your block and not actually getting nasty with her.

Point taken but he really went overboard, ESPECIALLY for a first post.
Old 09-21-2007, 02:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 SL65 / 97 993tt /11 Suburban/ 2012 GTR (AMG è la mia Famiglia la Bestia è la mia protezione)
Originally Posted by Jakpro1
jgerkin live cam is now up

Watch him in action

I didn't need to see Santa/Jgerkin naked...LOL !
Old 09-21-2007, 02:41 PM

Received 23 Likes on 7 Posts
'08 CLK Black, '08 SL65, '17 SL65, '07 SL55, '20 E63S Wagon, '14 GL450
I’ll probably never track my BS, but I sure am having loads of fun with stoplight drags, freeway merging, and just generally hauling ***. Sorry if that offends anyone. Oh yeah, that posted 15 MPH 90 degree on the way to work? I now own the office record: 45MPH, and the BS didn’t even blink (ESP ON). I’ll try 50 when I get the nerve.
Old 09-21-2007, 02:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by johno530
I’ll probably never track my BS, but I sure am having loads of fun with stoplight drags, freeway merging, and just generally hauling ***. Sorry if that offends anyone. Oh yeah, that posted 15 MPH 90 degree on the way to work? I now own the office record: 45MPH, and the BS didn’t even blink (ESP ON). I’ll try 50 when I get the nerve.
There really is no problem with that either and there shouldn't be any hating on you (freedom of choice is valuable thing we have in this country)...I'm just do less and less of the stoplight dragging because the cops in my area are putting the heat on stuff like that.

Plus when I press the accelerator now I want to really let loose and not give me blue ***** when I have to let up because another stoplight is coming up or a mother with a stroller is getting in the way...
Old 09-21-2007, 03:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 EuroElites E55
Originally Posted by johno530
thaks what im talkin about, injoy YOUR car how you please.
Old 09-21-2007, 03:53 PM

06' BMW M3
To the OP...nice instigating...
Old 09-21-2007, 10:04 PM

CLK63 AMG Black Series
I don't mind the post ... I can understand why someone would wonder why no one has mentioned their intention to take their car to the track. I expect however, that most people haven't had their BS long enough yet. I took my RS6 to the track a couple of times and had a blast. I hope to take my BS to the track too, but so far I've managed one trip to the dealer for 3M film and a half dozen trips to the ice cream shop with my 10 year old son ... tonight's trip was about 20 miles and the ice cream shop is only 2 miles away!

Whether you take your BS to the track or not, this car is fun to drive anywhere ... heck, if you bought it to just admire in the driveway, I could understand that too.

Understanding-Andy

2007 CLK63 AMG Black Series/Silver
2006 Range Rover Supercharged/Black
2005 BMW X3/Black
1972 Ginetta G4 Dare/Silver
1967 Austin Healey/Red
Old 09-21-2007, 10:33 PM

2007 Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano Silverstone F1
Originally Posted by g4drive
Whether you take your BS to the track or not, this car is fun to drive anywhere ... heck, EVEN if you bought it to just admire in the driveway, I could understand that too.

Understanding-Andy
The Mags
Old 09-21-2007, 10:46 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
96 P993T, 00 E55, 09 SL63
Code:
Whether you take your BS to the track or not, this car is fun to drive anywhere ... heck, if you bought it to just admire in the driveway, I could understand that too.

Exactly,. . . . .it is your car, who cares what other people think.

Last edited by E55MKB; 09-21-2007 at 10:48 PM.
Old 09-24-2007, 08:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK63 Black, E350 Wagon, Supercharged Denali, Lotus Elise, Tesla Model 3 Dual-Motor.
Didn't anyone really notice this persons sign-on name...?
JGERKIN = Just GERKIN around or off

Old 09-24-2007, 02:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
AMG
If you haven't joined the AMG Private Lounge yet, you need to register here:

http://www.mercedes-amg.com/privatel...n_external.php
Old 09-26-2007, 09:48 PM

CLK 63 AMG Black

Well, I'm a doctor who likes to track and vintage race, and I have a new BS.
Have you forgotten you need 1,000 break-in miles before you are supposed to go over 85 mph, and there is a "no kickdown" instruction on the windshield decal during this interval? Then diff fluid change at 1800. I'm not sure many people are there yet.
But, fyi, I'm renting a local track on October 2, and hope to let you know how the car is in the stock set-up. I am probably not going to lower mine, as I expect to put lots of all-purpose miles on the car, and it feels pretty good as-is. AS

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.