E-Class (W124) 1984-1995: E 260, E 300, E 320, E 420, E 500 (Includes CE, T, TD models)

bye

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-21-2007, 03:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i now drive a ford p71 i also own a 1988 ford f150 lariat
bye

well alot of people have made it clear that they dont want me on here so i think ill just take that you all want me to leave
Old 09-21-2007, 03:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Enzo, my Benzo
Nope, we just want you to wash your car!!

We love our W124's as I am sure you may, you just need to show it by turning that mess around!

Old 09-21-2007, 09:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
1990 300ce 24v I6
Dude, dont leave. Some people here can be... a little intense when new members join, not sure why, but it happens. Just stick it out, you'll be alright.
Old 09-21-2007, 09:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
95 e320...sold the rest
when i first joined here...i got **** everyday like you do...but think about it, it's only a internet forum. you'l probably never meet anyone on here...and it's just their opinion. stick around!
Old 09-21-2007, 10:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

is a German Tank
Don't be so gullible McFly!

Old 09-21-2007, 10:14 AM

03 ML500
yeah, forums are the best source of knowledge....unless you can get a mercedes technician to tell you whats wrong with it for free
but that never happens
Old 09-21-2007, 10:22 AM

1983 240D, 1989 300E

Forget about what others say. Everyone is a thug behind a monitor and keyboard. Stay and share and if people don't like it tell them to GO FU(K THEMSELVES
Old 09-21-2007, 11:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

95 e320...sold the rest
i have a technician that tells me whats wrong for free
Old 09-21-2007, 12:05 PM
Almost a Member!

E320
I figure you get lots of crap for all the talk about customizing your benz - but you should really expect that. Search back through the forums at how many people wanted or want to do a v8 -v6 swap and customize thier rides and then look around for most of those guys now - how many actually did anything with thier ride - how many did a poor job - and where are they now. Im not discouraging it, just realize that thier are lots of yahoos who come for advice, if your serious keep going - take your time and ask question relevent to this weeks work and problems - dont try to gather finite details for work you want to do in 2 years from now. Im new here too, it can take a while to be part of an online crowd - years even. Dont think anyone would hate you for having dreams or trying to make them a reality.
Old 09-21-2007, 12:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

89 300TE, and 68 280sel
yeah the search function is invaluable, and the V8 idea has been discussed to death. IE, don't do it unless your father owns a race shop.

This is the internet, you cannot take anything personal.
Old 09-21-2007, 01:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1995 E320 SE, 162,000 Miles (Sold)
You're definitely one of a kind, Rio. It just wouldn't be the same without you. People also need to realize that it's much easier to keep a car clean in some parts of the world than others. I was in Florida for a day (Fort Lauderdale) and couldn't believe how clean the cars were! It was like everyone was on their way to a car show. It made me jealous, until I tried to communicate with someone. I paid $120 a night to stay in a motel that would have been $22.50 in the midwest. And forget buying a house, even if you like pink!

Here in the midwest, you can detail your car Sunday and it's trashed by Friday with normal use. If it rains, it's trashed. If it doesn't rain the dust ruins it. If it snows, mud is everywhere. If it hails, it looks like a golf ball. If there's a tornado, it's gone!

Going to college and living on $10 a week in California, I'm surprised you even have a garage to stick it in. Can you even buy a cheeseburger in Cali for $10? Nevermind, I forgot there's no beef!

Don't feel bad. Some people are very critical of others because they are just better than the rest of us. Some people just can't let you live without telling you how much better they are and enforcing their standards on you. It's just who they are and you can't let them get the best of you. It's good for parents to be this way with their kids, but I presume your parents aren't the ones criticizing you here.

Last edited by shdoug; 09-21-2007 at 01:13 PM.
Old 09-21-2007, 01:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

is a German Tank
Originally Posted by shdoug
You're definitely one of a kind, Rio. It just wouldn't be the same without you. People also need to realize that it's much easier to keep a car clean in some parts of the world than others. I was in Florida for a day (Fort Lauderdale) and couldn't believe how clean the cars were! It was like everyone was on their way to a car show. It made me jealous, until I tried to communicate with someone. I paid $120 a night to stay in a motel that would have been $22.50 in the midwest. And forget buying a house, even if you like pink!

Here in the midwest, you can detail your car Sunday and it's trashed by Friday with normal use. If it rains, it's trashed. If it doesn't rain the dust ruins it. If it snows, mud is everywhere. If it hails, it looks like a golf ball. If there's a tornado, it's gone!

Going to college and living on $10 a week in California, I'm surprised you even have a garage to stick it in. Can you even buy a cheeseburger in Cali for $10? Nevermind, I forgot there's no beef!

Don't feel bad. Some people are very critical of others because they are just better than the rest of us. Some people just can't let you live without telling you how much better they are and enforcing their standards on you. It's just who they are and you can't let them get the best of you. It's good for parents to be this way with their kids, but I presume your parents aren't the ones criticizing you here.
theres no place like home! There's no place like home!

Old 09-21-2007, 02:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

95 e320...sold the rest
yeah Rio...your benz needs to be in here...

everyone's car isnt stock...and mostly customized, but your car is not...and some people on here have respect for that
Old 09-21-2007, 03:34 PM

sorry i kinda was drunk when i wrote that and just the littlest thing set me off. ugg i have not been haveing a good week at all my car is thrashed after the rain that and i might be thrown out of my house tell next monday.so geting drunk is not a good thing. at lest i did not drink and call people like last time. im am sad i love my car not haveing money or a job sucks i live off what i can find or what my friends give me. most the time if i get 10 dollers for gas i split it with me and my car. gas for the car and food for me. my friends have helped me alot to get this car running. it did not run to well when i got the thing it stalled out nothing worked right most the time and with a few hours of work and running around with our heads cut off we got things done. really this car is my home away from home. most the time i take naps in my car all the time eat in my car smoke do home work in there it is kinda like a place i go to find my self. if im really pissed off i go drive around for a few hours and then im over it. i really wish i had the money and time to take better care of my car but if i do get any time to my self i wash or take care of it
there hase been alot of crap at my house dad yelling at me to sell the damb thing and to stop looking like a hippie. he also hates me alot i think becuz im in college and only do art and auto classes and he wants me to do more with my life.i love cars i built a gocart when i was 6 out of the lawn mower. ^_^
i will find out today or in the next week if i wll be geting the paint job or not my friend is not to good about calling around to find out.if not ill buy the crap and do it my self it will just take some time to set up. i will stay on but will not be on for a few days im going camping in my car for 2 days i need to get away from people
Old 09-21-2007, 03:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
1990 300ce 24v I6
Enjoy dude, keep safe.
Old 09-21-2007, 04:01 PM

W124
Some of the best things you can do for your car won't cost you anything. You seem to live in a domesticated household. Get some of mom's ol' kitchen degreaser and an old rag and clean out your engine bay. It not only gives a better appearance but when you suspect a leak or need to replace something you'll know where it is because you can ACTUALLY SEE THE ENGINE, instead of caked on oil and grease. You also seem to be interested in the automotive field. Find a job with a parts house or a dealership. Even if its just a wash boy position its a foot in the door. Take advantage of your auto shop class. Put your car up to be worked/praticed on. Sure you have to buy your own parts but just cowboy up and take advantage of the opportunity of having all the tools and the supervision of your teacher along with the extra hands of your your classmates at your disposal. Don't assume you have it bad when you compare your car to everyone else's. We all started somewhere, you just need to be more resourceful....and get a job. That's all.
Old 09-21-2007, 04:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Enzo, my Benzo
Originally Posted by NorCal124
Some of the best things you can do for your car won't cost you anything. You seem to live in a domesticated household. Get some of mom's ol' kitchen degreaser and an old rag and clean out your engine bay. It not only gives a better appearance but when you suspect a leak or need to replace something you'll know where it is because you can ACTUALLY SEE THE ENGINE, instead of caked on oil and grease. You also seem to be interested in the automotive field. Find a job with a parts house or a dealership. Even if its just a wash boy position its a foot in the door. Take advantage of your auto shop class. Put your car up to be worked/praticed on. Sure you have to buy your own parts but just cowboy up and take advantage of the opportunity of having all the tools and the supervision of your teacher along with the extra hands of your your classmates at your disposal. Don't assume you have it bad when you compare your car to everyone else's. We all started somewhere, you just need to be more resourceful....and get a job. That's all.
Quoted for SERIOUS truth. Great post!
Old 09-21-2007, 07:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by shadowgriffen
theres no place like home! There's no place like home!

LMFAO!

(It's not quite that bad. At least we have Starbucks!)
Old 09-21-2007, 07:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Rio Z Lander
sorry i kinda was drunk when i wrote that and just the littlest thing set me off. ugg i have not been haveing a good week at all my car is thrashed after the rain that and i might be thrown out of my house tell next monday.so geting drunk is not a good thing. at lest i did not drink and call people like last time. im am sad i love my car not haveing money or a job sucks i live off what i can find or what my friends give me. most the time if i get 10 dollers for gas i split it with me and my car. gas for the car and food for me. my friends have helped me alot to get this car running. it did not run to well when i got the thing it stalled out nothing worked right most the time and with a few hours of work and running around with our heads cut off we got things done. really this car is my home away from home. most the time i take naps in my car all the time eat in my car smoke do home work in there it is kinda like a place i go to find my self. if im really pissed off i go drive around for a few hours and then im over it. i really wish i had the money and time to take better care of my car but if i do get any time to my self i wash or take care of it
there hase been alot of crap at my house dad yelling at me to sell the damb thing and to stop looking like a hippie. he also hates me alot i think becuz im in college and only do art and auto classes and he wants me to do more with my life.i love cars i built a gocart when i was 6 out of the lawn mower. ^_^
i will find out today or in the next week if i wll be geting the paint job or not my friend is not to good about calling around to find out.if not ill buy the crap and do it my self it will just take some time to set up. i will stay on but will not be on for a few days im going camping in my car for 2 days i need to get away from people
Your dad doesn't hate you. If he did he wouldn't give you a car and let you live there. Parents want the best for their kids, and your dad probably thinks that he knows what's best for your life. He just needs to relax and let you make your own choices. When you graduate and start to succeed on your own, he will probably be completely cool. You just need your space and he needs his.

My brother in law is an artist. Pretty good one, too. He finally had to get a job to make money but still does art on the side.
Old 09-21-2007, 07:46 PM
Almost a Member!

E320
Before my E320 I had, and still have, a 1984 300sd. This car makes yours look cherry. Mine came with its very own salvage title, lack of ac (i live in AZ), and munched drivers rear corner. So far I have:
Transmission fluid replacement
Oil changed x 5
Valve adjustment
Fuel Filter Replacement
Fuel return lines
AC Compressor
AC return lines
Motor mounts
Trany mount
flex disk
drive shaft carrier bearing
Oil return lines
sunroof kit
Door hinge drivers side
Fuses
Interior light bulbs
antena lift motor
door seals
vacume tube replacement - LOTS OF THIS
leatherique interior
replace misc interior pannels

Now what I have
Bodywork
paint
bumpers
interior bits
windows switches
sunroof switch
SVO conversion
tank filter
tail light replacemnt
wheels
shocks
springs
Tires
new turbo
fuel pump
exhaust
possible fuel rail

One thing at a time untill its done , slowly - but after working and driving this car for a year I was able to purchase a 94 e320 to use as a daily driver while i continue work on this car - but I enjoy this sort of thing. The car is not what most consider "nice" but its my baby and i has a soul.
Old 09-21-2007, 09:22 PM

well i dont need any of those things at all. just paint a little body work and new seats, dash, wood trim, steering wheel, carpe,t new lights, tail lights, battery and thats it. my motor will run for about 3 more years tell i got to drop a new one in. that thing is done theirs no more work i can do on it for fear of it blowing up on me and that i don't need.....
Old 09-21-2007, 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by shdoug
Your dad doesn't hate you. If he did he wouldn't give you a car and let you live there. Parents want the best for their kids, and your dad probably thinks that he knows what's best for your life. He just needs to relax and let you make your own choices. When you graduate and start to succeed on your own, he will probably be completely cool. You just need your space and he needs his.

My brother in law is an artist. Pretty good one, too. He finally had to get a job to make money but still does art on the side.
well my dad only under stands hard work he worked all his life and failed so much i think he has forgoten how hard it is now to make money with out a degree in some thing he still hates the w124 and thinks i should drive it off a cliff
Old 09-21-2007, 09:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Enzo, my Benzo
It would probably survive the cliff hahaha

Your dad needs to know this is the best car a 20yr old could have....SAFE doesn't even begin to describe it...it's a tank.
Old 09-21-2007, 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by NorCal124
i had to drop the class becuz lack of money 300 bucks for books and money i don't have it is kinda buy your own stuff for the class and i was looking at a total of 700$
Old 09-21-2007, 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by ZorroAMG
It would probably survive the cliff hahaha

Your dad needs to know this is the best car a 20yr old could have....SAFE doesn't even begin to describe it...it's a tank.
i should know this car was in a 90mph t-bone 6 years ago it saved my life..............all i can say is there is nothing this car can not take on other than a head on crash with another w124

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: bye