MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,585 Likes on 982 Posts
Mercedes/Mazda/Genesis
Exclamation Mercedes Unveils the New EQE SUV and AMG EQE SUV

The new EQE SUV: high-tech and luxury meet versatility
Originally Posted by MB Media US
The Essential Information and Innovations

The new EQE SUV: the key points at a glance

The EQE SUV is the multipurpose variant of the EQE executive sedan. Like the latter, it is available with the essential innovations found in the EQS and at the same time is more dynamic than the EQS SUV. The EQE SUV is one of the most spacious representatives of its class, yet it is more compact than the EQE Sedan, at 119.3 inches it has a wheelbase that is 3.5 inches shorter. The external dimensions are 191.5/76.4/66.4 inches (length/width1/height). As the fourth model after the two EQS and EQE Sedans, as well as the EQS SUV, the EQE SUV uses the new all-electric platform.

Range of up to 550 kilometers2

The modular drive concept enables the EQE SUV to offer a wide range of maximum total outputs. Subject to final certification, Mercedes-Benz expects these to be in a similar range to the data for the EQE sedans. Depending on the vehicle equipment and configuration, WLTP ranges of more than 550 kilometers2 (342 miles) can be expected for European vehicles (with the exception of AMG models). In the EQE SUV, the lithium-ion battery consists of ten modules. The innovative battery management software, which was developed in-house, allows updates over the air (OTA). In this way, the energy management of the EQE SUV remains up-to-date throughout its entire life cycle.

Extensive range of driving assistance systems

The current generation of driving assistance systems includes numerous functions that support the driver. The general standard equipment of the EQE SUV includes Active Brake Assist, Active Lane Keeping Assist, and Parking Package with Surround View System. The status and activity of the systems are shown in a full-screen view in the assistance display in the driver's display. Further options are available in the Driver Assistance Package.

Particularly maneuverable and agile

The chassis of the new EQE SUV comprises a four-link suspension at the front and an independent multi-link suspension at the rear. Due to the comparatively short wheelbase of 119.3 inches and the corresponding suspension tuning, it feels particularly agile and maneuverable. The AIRMATIC air suspension with ADS+ continuously adjustable damping is available as an optional extra. To increase ground clearance, the vehicle level can be raised by up to 1 inch. In addition to the DYNAMIC SELECT programs of ECO, COMFORT, SPORT and INDIVIDUAL, the EQE SUV models with 4MATIC also boast the OFFROAD program for off-road driving. A rear axle steering system with a maximum steering angle of 10 degrees is available as an option.

Always up to date

The EQE SUV offers the possibility of activating additional vehicle functions via over-the-air technology (OTA) in a number of functional areas. This means that after purchase and having chosen the original new car configuration, some of the EQE SUV's equipment can be individually customized. The OTA functions are available in the Mercedes me Store, and the range will be successively expanded.

Clever route planning

When it comes to Navigation with Electric Intelligence, the name says it all as it plans the fastest and most convenient route, including charging stops, based on numerous factors. It also reacts dynamically to traffic jams or a change in driving style, for example. Navigation with Electric Intelligence also calculates the expected charging costs for a charging stop. The customer also has the option of editing the planned route individually. They can add preferred charging stations along the route or exclude suggested charging stations.

Heat pump as standard

The EQE SUV features a sophisticated thermal architecture with a heat pump as standard. This makes the system work very efficiently: the waste heat from the electric drive (inverter and electric motor) and also the high-voltage battery can be used to heat the interior. This drastically reduces the draw on battery power for the heating system, thus increasing the range. Another pleasant and efficient function is pre-entry climate control. The THERMATIC automatic climate control system with two climate zones is fitted as standard, while the THERMOTRONIC with four zones is available as an option.

New sound experience

"Serene Breeze" is the name of the new, fourth soundscape that makes its debut in the EQE SUV. It offers a relaxed and natural sound. With the holistic sound staging, the paradigm shift from combustion engine to electric car becomes audible for the occupants in the Mercedes-EQ models. A variety of soundscapes allows for an individual acoustic set-up. An optional interior driving sound is available. This adjusts adaptively to the driving style.

A host of high-tech features

DIGITAL LIGHT headlamp technology (optional equipment) enables innovative functions, such as the projection of auxiliary markings or warning symbols onto the road. Another equipment highlight is ENERGIZING AIR CONTROL Plus. A HEPA (High Efficiency Particulate Air) filter cleans the incoming outside air at its very high filtration level. ENERGIZING COMFORT links together various comfort systems in the vehicle. The individual ENERGIZING COMFORT programs enable a special feel-good program depending on the mood or needs of the customer. This enhances physical comfort and performance while driving and during a break. Dolby Atmos®, part of the standard Burmester® 3D Sound System, takes the audio experience in the EQE SUV to a new level.

Distinctive purpose design

The proportions of the EQE SUV combine function and aesthetics with the sporty character of the SUV. The new model, with its unmistakable purpose design, marks a turning point in its class. The overhangs and the front-end assembly have been kept compact. The wheels vary in sizes from 19 to 21 inches and are positioned flush with the outer edge of the body and lend a commanding stance.

A great deal of aerodynamic fine tuning

The EQE SUV shares some aerodynamic measures with its model brothers. The underbody with its numerous aerodynamic details plays a central role in a very good Cd value, which was achieved despite the large load volume and short rear overhang. But the dimensional concept with the flat windshield, sweeping roof line and indents were also important factors.

High level of passive safety

The principles of Integral Safety apply regardless of the type of drive system. Like all other Mercedes-Benz models, the EQS SUV therefore has a rigid passenger cell, special deformation zones and modern restraint systems. The EQE SUV can detect whether the rear seats are actually occupied. If a passenger in the rear is not wearing a seat belt, the driver receives a specific warning. The occupant presence reminder can indicate children who may have been overlooked in the rear of the vehicle. In vehicles for Europe, Australia, New Zealand, USA, and Canada, this system is on board as standard.

CO2-neutral production as part of the eco-balance

Production of the EQE SUV will start at the Mercedes-Benz plant in Tuscaloosa (USA) in December. The battery factory in nearby Bibb County supplies the batteries for this model as well as for the EQS SUV. Since this year, all of Mercedes-Benz's own passenger car and van plants worldwide have achieved CO2-neutral production as part of their eco-balance - including the two Mercedes-Benz plants in Alabama.

Last edited by js_cls; 10-16-2022 at 02:17 PM.
Old 10-16-2022, 02:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes/Mazda/Genesis
Videos of the EQE SUV

Old 10-16-2022, 02:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
993tt, W124 E500, 08 RS4 (sold), E39 Dinan S3 (Sold)
That unveiling video was weird as f%&$. Is it me or does that hood panel gap line really detract from its looks?
Old 10-18-2022, 07:26 PM

Received 72 Likes on 51 Posts
--
I’m shocked at how little interest there is in this. Looks awesome to me, especially the 53
Old 10-18-2022, 08:04 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,465 Likes on 2,098 Posts
PFL205.064 with M276.823 (Oil pump solenoid defeated)
Originally Posted by bonboon
I’m shocked at how little interest there is in this. Looks awesome to me, especially the 53
To be fair the vehicle design is very predictable and leaked shots were posted by OP a few weeks to a months ago (if I recalled correctly, unless it was someone else) and there is another thread (or two) that is talking about this as well in the other sub forums. There are also those that don't like SUVs.
Old 10-18-2022, 08:14 PM

Received 72 Likes on 51 Posts
--
Originally Posted by W205C43PFL
To be fair the vehicle design is very predictable and leaked shots were posted by OP a few weeks to a months ago (if I recalled correctly, unless it was someone else) and there is another thread (or two) that is talking about this as well in the other sub forums. There are also those that don't like SUVs.
i hear ya, which sub forums?
Old 10-18-2022, 08:23 PM
Out Of Control!!

Originally Posted by bonboon
i hear ya, which sub forums?
These ones I think (order totally random, not based on popularity or activity)
In the EQS SUV sub-forum:
https://mbworld.org/forums/eqs-suv/8...unveiling.html
https://mbworld.org/forums/eqs-suv/8...v-updates.html
In the V167 GLE sub-forum:
https://mbworld.org/forums/gle-class...e-amg-suv.html
https://mbworld.org/forums/gle-class...7-eqe-suv.html
https://mbworld.org/forums/gle-class...oming-eqe.html
Hope it helps.

Last edited by W205C43PFL; 10-18-2022 at 08:27 PM. Reason: Removed one link accidentally linked EQS SUV, sorry about that.
The following users liked this post:
bonboon (10-18-2022)
Old 10-18-2022, 08:52 PM

Received 209 Likes on 165 Posts
2024 GLE63s, 2021 E63s, 2018 GLC43
SUV looks decent enough, but without a price tag it's hard to judge. EQE sedan looks like it's already too pricey to bother with.
Old 10-18-2022, 09:20 PM
dtd

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts
2017 C300
The EQE SUV will be a bit pricier than the EQE sedan.
Old 10-18-2022, 09:31 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 3,931 Likes on 3,095 Posts
2017 GLE350 4MATIC
Too weird. Not in my consideration set by a long stretch.

Thanks @js_cls for the scoop.
Old 10-18-2022, 09:47 PM
Out Of Control!!

Nevermind, already mentioned, please carry on. Sorry about that.

Last edited by W205C43PFL; 10-18-2022 at 09:50 PM. Reason: Nevermind, already mentioned, please carry on. Sorry about that.
Old 10-19-2022, 10:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 983 Likes on 719 Posts
2010 E350 4Matic
Originally Posted by chassis
Too weird. Not in my consideration set by a long stretch.

Thanks @js_cls for the scoop.
What's weird about it?
Old 10-19-2022, 10:57 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 3,931 Likes on 3,095 Posts
2017 GLE350 4MATIC
Originally Posted by MBNUT1
What's weird about it?
The way it looks. Doesn’t it look weird to you?
Old 11-11-2022, 12:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLC 350e
Any idea how much more the EQE SUV will be over the sedan? I hoping just $3,000 like the EQS versions.
Old 11-11-2022, 12:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes/Mazda/Genesis
Originally Posted by mhcdancer
Any idea how much more the EQE SUV will be over the sedan? I hoping just $3,000 like the EQS versions.
We won't know for some time, although being produced in Alabama should help lessen the cost over the European built sedans. Most EQS SUV's are pretty much the equivalent of the sedan in pricing.
The following users liked this post:
mhcdancer (11-11-2022)
Old 04-25-2023, 02:59 PM

Received 165 Likes on 120 Posts
2022 E450 All-Terrain
….
Old 04-25-2023, 07:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts
2022 E53 SG
I dig the side view. Just a quick side-by-side with the outgoing W213

Old 04-26-2023, 03:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 269 Likes on 211 Posts
2019 E300
Looking at the pictures for a second time, the bezel on the grille looks pretty awful and out of place, needs to be black out. Do we really need 5 Mercedes logos in the back of car? I hope the tail lights look better in person.
Old 04-29-2023, 07:38 PM
Out Of Control!!

Originally Posted by The G Man
Looking at the pictures for a second time, the bezel on the grille looks pretty awful and out of place, needs to be black out. Do we really need 5 Mercedes logos in the back of car? I hope the tail lights look better in person.
Things always looks better in person from my experience so I personally will reserve judgement until seeing it in person. I guess it also have to do with the fact that our screens are 2D and when we see the car in person it is 3D... that type of thing
Old 04-29-2023, 07:40 PM
Out Of Control!!

Originally Posted by ddcha
I dig the side view. Just a quick side-by-side with the outgoing W213

I just realized how poor of a job MB did with the facelift W213.... especially the rear, the W214 although I haven't like the taillights yet, are way better than the W213 facelift... just imo though.
Old 04-29-2023, 07:42 PM
Out Of Control!!

Uh oh, guys, we were replying to the wrong thread.
Old 07-16-2023, 06:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 269 Likes on 211 Posts
2019 E300

I agree, the W213 refresh tail lights look like it was an after thought. Took about 5 minutes to design that.
Old 07-18-2023, 08:27 AM
Out Of Control!!

Originally Posted by The G Man

I agree, the W213 refresh tail lights look like it was an after thought. Took about 5 minutes to design that.
I definitely prefer the rear of the pre-facelift W213 better than the facelift. The W214 rear is very nice but the taillights still haven't grow on me yet.
Old 08-07-2023, 07:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 578 Likes on 437 Posts
2019 E 450, 2016 E350 4matic (retired), 2018 Ford Edge Sport, 2008 Porsche Boxster
E

Originally Posted by taphil
SUV looks decent enough, but without a price tag it's hard to judge. EQE sedan looks like it's already too pricey to bother with.
Was at my dealer last week, Rallye Motors in Roslyn, NY.

On the floor, plus several outside were both the EQE and EQE SUV:

EQE: Front interior room is basically about the same as my 2019E450. However, regardless of the dimensions given, the rear is noticeable smaller: Less headroom and the roof line makes it much more difficult to enter and exit. Little to no thigh support. While in the back you think you are in a small Honda. Fit, finish and materials are excellent, but that will not matter if your passengers are uncomfortable. The trunk on my E450 is not large, except in comparison to the trunk on the EQE.

Somehow when Mercedes designed this car they did not incorporate the battery in a way that gives room to the rear passengers. Price was $77,900 plus destination and options. Dealer does not mark up over MSRP. On the MB website there are lease deals where the FTC of $7,500 is in the lease plus dealer incentives.

see: https://www.rallyemotors.com/new-veh...ctric-vehicles

and

see: https://www.mbusa.com/en/special-offers

EQE SUV: This was the car that I am interested in and the write ups have been glowing: Front passengers have all the interior room they need. Ditto with rear passengers. But there is one overriding problem with this car. The only reason(s) I see to get an SUV over a sedan are more room for the rear passengers and more cargo space. On the former the EQE SUV is a HOME RUN. The legroom in the EQU SUV is probably greater than in an S Class. After setting the diver's seat, I am just over 6 feet, I had oodles of room behind the driver's seat. Here is the deal breaker for me: the space behind the rear seat is MINIMAL: by minimal I mean 14 cubic feet vs. 19 cubic feet in an GLC! So the space in the GLC is nearly 50% bigger than in the EQE SUV. By way of comparison my Ford Edge, not the Explorer but the mid size Edge, has 35 cubic feet of storage or almost 3 times found in the EQE SUV. The space behind the GLE is also almost three times as large as in the EQE SUV.

The price was $79,000 plus destination, plus options.

After walking out in disappointment, I went to the Cadillac dealer and looked at the Lyric. Very nice interior, but not a Mercedes. But on the other hand, the AWD Luxury 1 package, $66,000 fully equipped, is almost $20,000 less than the EQU SUV: The space behind the rear seat is almost double that of the EQE SUV.

Again somehow the German engineers have not figured out how to create useable interior space in their EV's. This to me is very, very disappointing.

Just my $.02 and hope this helps.

Last edited by JTK44; 08-07-2023 at 08:49 PM.
Old 08-07-2023, 08:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 392 Likes on 268 Posts
2023 EQE 500 SUV electric and 2024 Jaguar F-PACE SVR 5.0L
GLC has the newer interior too. It seemed like much more of a match than the GLE when I was thinking of buying an ICE vehicle for road tripping. With rear-wheel steering EQE SUV has the turning radius of a sub-compact though and feels very nimble/agile as a daily driver. I'd be hopping over curbs and scraping rims in a Lyriq. And with the seats folded down it didn't do too badly on the most prestigious and relevant test of cargo space that exists on planet Earth, Bjorn's banana box test:

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Mercedes Unveils the New EQE SUV and AMG EQE SUV