Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

P052E MIL anyone?

Old 12-30-2017, 11:09 PM

2018 GLC300
P052E MIL anyone?

2018 GLC 3004Matic , 1602 Miles.

Check Engine Light came on.
Code P052E : Positive Crankcase Ventilation Regulator Valve Performance.
Pissed to see Check engine light so soon..

Anyone had this code? serious issue ?

I am just hoping this is not repeating nighitmare as my old Q7...

Last edited by 3dken; 12-30-2017 at 11:16 PM.
Old 12-31-2017, 01:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C450, GLC43
Originally Posted by 3dken View Post
2018 GLC 3004Matic , 1602 Miles.

Check Engine Light came on.
Code P052E : Positive Crankcase Ventilation Regulator Valve Performance.
Pissed to see Check engine light so soon..

Anyone had this code? serious issue ?

I am just hoping this is not repeating nighitmare as my old Q7...

I don't know about the M276 engine specifically, but a PCV is usually a very inexpensive external valve that is very easy to replace. The valve itself may have a defect or it may not be seated correctly. The last time I replaced one of these it took more time to pay for the part then it did to replace it.
Old 12-31-2017, 07:52 PM

2018 GLC300
Originally Posted by Mr. J View Post
I don't know about the M276 engine specifically, but a PCV is usually a very inexpensive external valve that is very easy to replace. The valve itself may have a defect or it may not be seated correctly. The last time I replaced one of these it took more time to pay for the part then it did to replace it.
Thanks,,
Made appoinment next year,,early next year..
Hope I can be in and out within hour or two,,
Old 01-03-2018, 10:26 PM

2018 GLC300
Thanks,,

Well, Check Engine light has gone.. Guess 2018 GLC300 has self healing power..
I will take it to dealer anyway,, as my wife also freak out on those orange color light,,
Old 01-11-2018, 02:51 AM

GLC 300
I meant to reply to this earlier, as this happened to me fairly recently. My 2016 GLC 300 4Matic had a failed pcv valve a little over 30k, my dealer said this is a fairly common failure point on these cars. Unfortunately, the Mercedes engineers have made this job exponentially more difficult of a job due to the location of the component. What is more frustrating however is even though they know this is a component that is a likely fail point, they still put it in a pain in the a** location. Not a terrible replacement to do yourself once your warranty is up if you keep the car, just time consuming due to the placement of the component. Dealer covered it no questions asked. These “breather valves” for the crank case essentially modulate as necessary to provide adequate crankcase ventilation. This modulated voltage signal comes from the car’s computer and varies based on engine conditions. The issue your experiencing could be a bad signal to the valve (in this case it’s a modulating solenoid) itself, where in my case the oil over time had gunked everything up and caused the valve to fail open. When the ECU sees a different output as compared to the input signal to the solenoid, it threw my CEL. Like I stated earlier, yours seems like a signal issue rather than a component issue as mine was, but they will probably replace everything anyway. Good luck and let us know how everything goes. I also could be totally wrong, this is just my understanding of how the system works on the car. But like I said keep us posted. Also not that big of a deal if handled promptly but over time could cause a more serious issue with oil in your intake system.

Last edited by Alex Fucheck; 01-11-2018 at 02:54 AM. Reason: Additional info provided
Old 01-14-2018, 09:50 AM

Been seeing numerous failures of these. It's a very time consuming job due to the location of the component. Numerous parts need to be disassembled to access it as it's behind the left motor mount bracket.
Old 02-23-2018, 01:02 PM

s430
Thanks,,
I'm also getting a P052e error code. What is the part number to the Positive Crankcase Ventilation Regulator Valve? I'm trying to find where it is located exactly.
Old 05-04-2018, 01:26 PM

GLC300 4matic
I just had the p052e code go off in my 2017 GLC300 with 11000 on it. Pretty frustrated to see the light especially as we were just at the dealer for service A. They won't be able to look at it until Monday. Is this something I need to worry about and not drive the vehicle this weekend?
Old 10-11-2018, 09:42 AM

Toyota Venza / Lexus IS300
Check engine light came on for me today. my reader is giving me this code as well. At 27,000km on my 2017 GLC300 it's sucks to already see that damn light, no matter big or small issue it is.
Old 10-11-2018, 10:48 AM

GLC300 4matic
Definitely frustrating. Happened to me at 10k miles. But we are 7000 miles later and a cross country road trip and it's running well so hopefully the same for you after this issue.