Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!
View Poll Results: Who will win?
Modified SL55 AMG
56.14%
BMW M6
38.60%
Even
5.26%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Modified SL55 AMG vs. BMW M6

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 11-02-2005, 08:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whatever keys I grab first...
Originally Posted by milllx
i would LOVE to see that. take him (or some other m6 owner) to task and make them go on fair terms - as this video is suspect.
And, I would love to do so. I don't believe there are any M6 owners around here, or M5 for that matter... but, soon enough, I suppose.

But look, I'll race and all fine-- but do NOT expect me to post up the video. :p
Old 11-02-2005, 08:25 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Originally Posted by Lexani
But look, I'll race and all fine-- but do NOT expect me to post up the video. :p
lol. If you do race, post a video on his website! I'm going to go test drive a M6 and race my little brother in a 300E and post a video of the 300E smoking the M6 on his forum..

Last edited by blackbenzz; 11-02-2005 at 08:27 PM.
Old 11-02-2005, 08:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by blackbenzz
lol
Was wondering who would catch that.
Old 11-02-2005, 08:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

g
Was wondering who would catch that.
As of now, I rendered that thread useless!
Old 11-02-2005, 08:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by NOTKTS
As of now, I rendered that thread useless!
I've done the same with you. :v
Old 11-02-2005, 08:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

g
I've done the same with you. :v
Now you're just tallking out of your @$$... Like everyother post
Old 11-02-2005, 08:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by blackbenzz
lol. If you do race, post a video on his website! I'm going to go test drive a M6 and race my little brother in a 300E and post a video of the 300E smoking the M6 on his forum..
Heck yes! I will do so... but he would probably ban me.
Old 11-02-2005, 08:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Now you're just tallking out of your @$$... Like everyother post
Seems we share the same misfortune.
Old 11-02-2005, 08:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

mymbonline
So your saying in the next 30MPH the Murci lost 4 secs on the SL? Bahahahahahahaha. And the mile comes up in around 30.4@169. Some people have even tested the Murci for 11.72@122.53.
To tell you the truth, I'd be willing to take on any 55 or maybe try for a 65 just for kicks. And yes John, this includes your POS.
u callin me a liar?
thats what the mag said not me, u have it so y dont u look at it? truth hurts?
a comfy benz w/ auto spanking a 280000 exotic "Bahahahahahahaha"
i think its down to aero, the murci is very wide, just a guess
Old 11-02-2005, 08:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

g
Originally Posted by AMG_55
u callin me a liar?
No, not calling you a liar. Just stating what I've seen personally.
Old 11-02-2005, 08:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by AMG_55
u callin me a liar?
Andrew brotha... you just got owned BIGTIME!
Old 11-02-2005, 09:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

g
Andrew brotha... you just got owned BIGTIME!
Hah... I have the article that disproves this.
BTW: I figured out what you were talking about. I'm sorry, I had sigs disabled and I haven't even look at mine in... Going out on a limb here. 3 1/2 months maybe. Anyways, what would you like to know?
Old 11-02-2005, 09:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'99 C230 K
are we gonna start whoring this thread too!
Old 11-02-2005, 09:24 PM

02 ML320, 06 E350
I am no expert but why would you raise the redline to 7,000 RPM i thought at about 6,300 RPM and by looking the power graphs from AMG that the HP drops off because the supercharger can only handle so much. to me this video just looks to fake compared to the rest of the videos. for all who have tuned their SC 5.5liter engine please chime in about raising the redline.
Old 11-02-2005, 09:35 PM

SL65/BENTLEY GT
Cool

Same thing I was asking about! Theres a "Oh Sh*t" and the SL55 leaps ahead.... *Cut to next scene*
What a joke when Ol Gusto's personalized promo is actually showing that the 55 pulled on him, when he really got serious. As my wife would say. "Another one bites the dust". At least make a good fake promo if you are going to make one. When the Bimmer pulled away in the end you can tell that the 55 driver did not slam the gas. Listen to the sound and all you really hear is the Bimmer. Anyone that is familiar with the 55 engine knows the monster sounds it makes when you punch it.

Now I know why the SL55 driver was burning out at the end. It's what you call a victory dance. Any fool knows that the AMG is more vunerable on the low end because of the weight, and hell to deal with from a roll and at the top end.

Next time you make a promo and you need a 65 to blow away when you really get serious, just holla, and big daddy will be there

Last edited by DBERRY7578; 11-02-2005 at 09:55 PM.
Old 11-02-2005, 10:08 PM

2012 Cls 63 amg, 2006 Bmw M6
Originally Posted by DBERRY7578
What a joke when Ol Gusto's personalized promo is actually showing that the 55 pulled on him, when he really got serious. As my wife would say. "Another one bites the dust". At least make a good fake promo if you are going to make one. When the Bimmer pulled away in the end you can tell that the 55 driver did not slam the gas. Listen to the sound and all you really hear is the Bimmer. Anyone that is familiar with the 55 engine knows the monster sounds it makes when you punch it.

Now I know why the SL55 driver was burning out at the end. It's what you call a victory dance. Any fool knows that the AMG is more vunerable on the low end because of the weight, and hell to deal with from a roll and at the top end.

Next time you make a promo and you need a 65 to blow away when you really get serious, just holla, and big daddy will be there
Now that's what I'm talking about I think you and lexani with the sl600 could wipe your a SSES with this M6. Now that I have read everyone else's posts and the Oh S h i T reaction I think this video is rigged. Can't trust someone as biased as this Gustav dude.
Old 11-02-2005, 10:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by caliboy
Can't trust someone as biased as this Gustav dude.
He got busted posting a video of an M3 pulling an RS6...only problem was, he had other video of the RS6 pulling the M3, which he did not post for some reason. He's a tool and a propagandist, nothing more. As can be seen by examining the direct comparison of the CLS55 and the M5 which I posted in the thread, which was done under scientific, measured conditions, the M5 simply cannot do what Gustav's videos claim it can do. Obviously we're not getting the full picture here.

As I pointed out: three instrumented 1/4 mile tests that I'm aware of have been done on the M5. The fastest was a 12.5. The fastest E55 test so far was a 12.3, the CLS55, a 12.4. We'll see how it goes when they start testing them here, but the data thus far does not in any way, shape, or form indicate a blowout.
Old 11-03-2005, 12:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Hey, Gustav:

Would you like to see what two *properly* modded AMGs can do?

Click here to enjoy:

Now, would you still like to talk **** about what an M5/6 will do against a modded AMG?
Old 11-03-2005, 01:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
03 C32 AMG
1st: Yes, I've seen the video-- very interesing. Makes absolutely no difference.

2nd: The R-GT IS NOT Street Legal in anyway shape or form-- I've not only read about it in MLE (Modified Luxury & Exotics), but I've seen the blasted thing run around Limerock against Ferrari and Corvettes.

My comparo is valid.
1) I'd take the Lambo over the CLK for 3 reasons: Lambo looks like a freaking stealth figher, Lambo is faster, Lambo will stay on all 4 wheels not take of like a broken bottle rocket.
2) your comparison is definitely valid, but my order of cars is Italian>German>Japanese Exotics>American Exotics>Others (except for Konigsegg and other rare exceptions)

Also, to me the M6 video seems rigged not because of anything Gustav did (which may or may not be true) but because a race beginning at high speeds and going to triple digit speeds is automatically going to favor the M6 because these new BMW V10s outperform the older MB V8K's at high speed. If you raced from 0 i bet you would see a different result. Also, i like the new V10, but really, if its only better at "go straight to jail" speeds, what good is it? I do the occasional high speed run (what high speed runs my 320 will do anyways) but i tend to keep total speed below 80 because i like having a license, if i was just buying something that i could punch hard at mid range speeds or tear off from a stoplight from, the V10's peak performance area over the 55 engine would be irrelevant. Just an opinion though, based on my driving style.
Old 11-03-2005, 03:00 AM

Originally Posted by Improviz
He got busted posting a video of an M3 pulling an RS6...only problem was, he had other video of the RS6 pulling the M3, which he did not post for some reason. He's a tool and a propagandist, nothing more. As can be seen by examining the direct comparison of the CLS55 and the M5 which I posted in the thread, which was done under scientific, measured conditions, the M5 simply cannot do what Gustav's videos claim it can do. Obviously we're not getting the full picture here.

As I pointed out: three instrumented 1/4 mile tests that I'm aware of have been done on the M5. The fastest was a 12.5. The fastest E55 test so far was a 12.3, the CLS55, a 12.4. We'll see how it goes when they start testing them here, but the data thus far does not in any way, shape, or form indicate a blowout.
i don't know what videos you've been watching but they show from a roll the the M5/6 are faster than their AMG counterparts as the speed increases. The videos make no suggestion that from a standstill the AMG cars will be trounced, the trap speeds of the M's are a few mph faster than their AMG equivalent which to me is supported by the videos). Just accept the facts and stop being a **** stirrer.
Old 11-03-2005, 07:00 AM

Ctually it was the limiter coming uo and as you see the video the road was very bumpy.

Same thing I was asking about! Theres a "Oh Sh*t" and the SL55 leaps ahead.... *Cut to next scene*
Old 11-03-2005, 07:01 AM

I am not calling nayone names, but you are. I am respectful and just posting facts.

Caliboy, with all due respect, you're wasting your time talking to Gustav. His intelligence matches that of a screwdriver, and clearly, he doesn't mind showing it.

Not only does he always manage to tick off our fellow E55 owners, but he manages to get under everyone elses skin with this ridiculous trolling-trip he's on.

It is funny though, regarding the video, when suddenly the SL starts to pull-- we hear dear Gustav damn near yelping like a little pansy and than-- BLACK, and the vehicles are side by side once more. A bit suspicious... "Oh ****," was right, this race is about as valid and trustworthy, as using Paris Hilton when phoning a friend.

I hope to god at one of these meets I get a chance to run into one of these overrated (and ugly) BMWs. I'll show them what Mercedes is all about, fairly.

I, for the life of me, cannot understand how trolls-- yes, you, Gustav-- are allowed to freely screw up our community over here, yet when a stupid remark is made by one of our own (Gee, I don't know... Tuscanraider?), the member is banned.

Gustav, seriously, I think I speak for a majority of MBWorld members when I say:

Leave.
Old 11-03-2005, 07:03 AM

Sorry? Ihave the RS6 vs M3 video soemhwere Ill try to post it for you dear Imptoviz.

YI fastest 0-200 km/h with M6 with LC is 12,8 s.

Originally Posted by Improviz

Old 11-03-2005, 07:04 AM

Finally a comment with soem thoughts behind.

Originally Posted by King320
Also, to me the M6 video seems rigged not because of anything Gustav did (which may or may not be true) but because a race beginning at high speeds and going to triple digit speeds is automatically going to favor the M6 because these new BMW V10s outperform the older MB V8K's at high speed. If you raced from 0 i bet you would see a different result. Also, i like the new V10, but really, if its only better at "go straight to jail" speeds, what good is it? I do the occasional high speed run (what high speed runs my 320 will do anyways) but i tend to keep total speed below 80 because i like having a license, if i was just buying something that i could punch hard at mid range speeds or tear off from a stoplight from, the V10's peak performance area over the 55 engine would be irrelevant. Just an opinion though, based on my driving style.
Old 11-03-2005, 07:05 AM

Exactly.

Originally Posted by reggid
i don't know what videos you've been watching but they show from a roll the the M5/6 are faster than their AMG counterparts as the speed increases. The videos make no suggestion that from a standstill the AMG cars will be trounced, the trap speeds of the M's are a few mph faster than their AMG equivalent which to me is supported by the videos). Just accept the facts and stop being a **** stirrer.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Modified SL55 AMG vs. BMW M6