Rate Thread

Old 10-28-2008, 11:44 PM
MHP
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by jangy
Why would you not have to begin with?
Because our goal was simply to make more power than Renntech with a safe tune. Mission accomplished. After speaking with Jeff multiple times on the phone he seemed very happy with the results.
Since his thread has turned into yet another pissing contest we're now going to take away any and all doubt.
Old 10-28-2008, 11:51 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
I still say any differences are statistically insignificant. Given differing environmental conditions a 5hp or 1% difference is just tough to justify. You wanna prove anything run a larger number of replicates (dyno runs).
Spoken like a true scientist! I thought I was back at work!!!
Originally Posted by Fr33kn63
yeah keep me posted. sunday is usually reserved for football, but might be able to make an exception. Lets see how far you gat and go from there. If not then lets shoot for next friday night if you can.
Sundays have been reserved for football every week this season so far for me. But Several of my fantasy players are on a bye (Gore, Colston, Rivers, etc etc) so I dont mind not putting my self through the pain of watching the games this sunday. And the skins play monday night this week But yea, I guess we will shoot for next friday
Old 10-28-2008, 11:53 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
Originally Posted by MHP
I can't wait to see you try to dispute his track results.

It isn't disputing. It is challenging and you'd best get used to it. If this is the end result of all your boasting, then think again. If facts were facts, there would be nothing to predict or assume, now would there? What number on the track means anything anyways? Is there gonna be a stage 5 RennTech 55K there? Then what will the numbers mean? They will be good, since it is middle of winter and in Maryland (imagine that). And i am sure you will find a way to blame the customer (ala Jackpro) even if he somehow "fails".

http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/
Odd, you keep rehashing the past and I'm off in the future. Keep chasing RennTech's last year.

Also, while you are making claims you should be clear with which model 63 you can tune. It is called the C, the one you have. You boast every model, every brand, and no need for dyno (A/F) data to make your tunes. Then why do you want to rework Fr33kn63's tune now that you see the data?

Andy, your skills (per say) aren't the concern. It is and has been the amount of time you have actually spent on each platform. I believe now like I did before that you have been working on the C63. What worries me is the fact that you have not had enough experience with the 55ks, yet you claim to be in control. All I have ever asked of a tuner is honesty. Empty boasting only gets us into a situation where you will never live up to your mouth. Worse yet, when something does go wrong (as it can with any tuner even though you are immune) you will raked over the coals and the single failure will be your rap.

Why can't you quit the double talk at least some? You say you don't wanna back down from rude posts, so ok. But when all I post is that the gains look minimal and may be noise you simply attack. Why not discuss how the data was gathered or presented that indicates your tune to be better? Or simply point out that if it were noise that it would likely be fairly dispursed or whatever. Why just attack? As crappy as this forum has gotten with the BMW crowd (also known as 63 runners), there are very few people here that will sink that kind of money into a mod without knowing something.

If you wanna know the truth, do a comparison on rarefinancial's 63 and then we may see something.
Old 10-28-2008, 11:55 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by blackbenzz
Spoken like a true scientist! I thought I was back at work!!!
Haha!! I even downloaded the data into my clinical data spredsheets and i just couldn't find a good enough fit. So, we finally agree on something....
Old 10-28-2008, 11:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
STS,FGT,12C,P85D,M4
I agree, I hope it didn't cost $2500 for 6HP average gain over the old tune....

anyways, look forward to seeing the track results!

I still say any differences are statistically insignificant. Given differing environmental conditions a 5hp or 1% difference is just tough to justify. You wanna prove anything run a larger number of replicates (dyno runs).

BTW, comparing a 63 tune from summer of '07 to today is leading you astray. RennTech has made HUGE differences in their code since then. Does RennTech have an upgrade program? Powerchip does. If they do, consider getting a more competitive tune for the comparison.
Old 10-28-2008, 11:59 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by MHP
Because our goal was simply to make more power than Renntech with a safe tune. Mission accomplished. After speaking with Jeff multiple times on the phone he seemed very happy with the results.
Since his thread has turned into yet another pissing contest we're now going to take away any and all doubt.
So you are saying that you had your tuning capabilities calibrated to RennTech's year old tune?

I'll assume Jeff got the tune for free (which is still risky), since your only goal was to match an out-dated RennTech tune, instead of just tuning his car as any tuner would?

Does everyone get the watered down version?

You say they are all safe, so why leave anything on the table?

Why not make the first tune as perfect as you claim you can do without data?
Old 10-29-2008, 12:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 AMG
geez. some fo you all are just plain rude....

anyway, I am happy with the gains I saw accross the curve.

I did speak with Andy and agreed to send him back my ecu for a little more push to the tuning.

Since this is my DD I told him it will have to wait a bit.

I am going to ship it back to him next monday as this week i really need my car and am not going to ask the wife to share hers again. Need to line up a rental for 2 days while its shipped back and forth. If I get it back by wednesday of next week i will try to hit the dyno again for a few more pulls to see more changes. But its gonna come close to maybe going to the track on 11/07
So for now people please stop hijacking the thread with useless comments regarding my tune as i dont want this to turn into another ***** thread. Start another thread if thats what you want to do.
So new data will have to wait....
Old 10-29-2008, 12:12 AM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Odd, you keep rehashing the past and I'm off in the future. Keep chasing RennTech's last year.
You're off in the future alright

Also, while you are making claims you should be clear with which model 63 you can tune. It is called the C, the one you have. You boast every model, every brand, and no need for dyno (A/F) data to make your tunes. Then why do you want to rework Fr33kn63's tune now that you see the data?
It's literally incredible how blind and biased you are, do you not understand that internally speaking a 63 is a 63? We make more power/tq than anyone with an otherwise stock tuned C63/63. We have the quickest/fastest C63 in the world and it has just tuning and DRs. We just made more power and torque across the curve than than the biggest name in the game with our first E63--not to mention the ability to do a 7A TCU. Jim and John's CLK BS dynos are otw and both owners expect their results to be easily improved upon based on the previous software in their cars. Model per model, no one (aftermarket entity/tuner) will come out of MIR with more "W"s than us.

Andy, your skills (per say) aren't the concern. It is and has been the amount of time you have actually spent on each platform. I believe now like I did before that you have been working on the C63. What worries me is the fact that you have not had enough experience with the 55ks, yet you claim to be in control.
LMAO. You've got to be kidding me...it's the same motor Jangy (6.2L/4V), the only differences aside from tuning are the air inlet tubing and exhausts. Again our first E63 just made more power than the reigning champ "with multi million dollar budget that's been doing it for 20+ years" and you're still in denial.

All I have ever asked of a tuner is honesty. Empty boasting only gets us into a situation where you will never live up to your mouth. Worse yet, when something does go wrong (as it can with any tuner even though you are immune) you will raked over the coals and the single failure will be your rap.
We've been skating on thin ice so to speak since arriving, and guess what, we're still here and doing better than ever. Like it or not, but we have delivered everything we said we would.

Why can't you quit the double talk at least some?
First, look who's talking. Second, what?

You say you don't wanna back down from rude posts, so ok. But when all I post is that the gains look minimal and may be noise you simply attack. Why not discuss how the data was gathered or presented that indicates your tune to be better?
Are you serious? Did you read any of my posts? The ones that stated the fact that avg HP/TQ (not peak) wins races, asking that the test be conducted in a standardized (CF, gear, dyno, etc.) manner in the interest of fairness to all parties, my breakdown of the gains per rpm/$?

What else can you ask for?

Or simply point out that if it were noise that it would likely be fairly dispursed or whatever. Why just attack? As crappy as this forum has gotten with the BMW crowd (also known as 63 runners), there are very few people here that will sink that kind of money into a mod without knowing something.
I think it's quite clear you're a glass half empty kind of guy with a projection issue.

If you wanna know the truth, do a comparison on rarefinancial's 63 and then we may see something.
I guess it's a good thing his ECU arrives tomorrow.
Old 10-29-2008, 12:16 AM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Fikse
I agree, I hope it didn't cost $2500 for 6HP average gain over the old tune....

anyways, look forward to seeing the track results!

Jeff paid for more power from the ECU and a modified TCU, and that's exactly what he got. Posts like yours and Jangy's just motivate us to raise the bar even higher.
Old 10-29-2008, 12:21 AM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
So you are saying that you had your tuning capabilities calibrated to RennTech's year old tune?

I'll assume Jeff got the tune for free (which is still risky), since your only goal was to match an out-dated RennTech tune, instead of just tuning his car as any tuner would?
I just gotta ask, is your car even running right now? If so what kind of numbers are you making with what mods/tuning?

Does everyone get the watered down version?
No, only mentally impaired midgets from the people's republic of Cali get the watered down version.

You say they are all safe, so why leave anything on the table?
As with everything in life, there are margins. Jeff could run the present tune on 91 octane, he won't be able to with the revision. Not sure I'd do that with the Renntech (run it on 91).

Why not make the first tune as perfect as you claim you can do without data?
Again, we beat Renntech across the board with gains over 9rwhp/13rwtq in the midrange, and you're trying to spin the results into a failure.

Whose paypal fund are we transferring $ to so Jangy can fly out to MIR?
Old 10-29-2008, 12:29 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by MHP
It's literally incredible how blind and biased you are, do you not understand that internally speaking a 63 is a 63?

We aren't talking internals. We are talking tune and you are painting yourself into a co0rner with each post. You have shown the data to be clearly different for the E63 vs C63, or are you not saying the truth about your gains?

We make more power/tq than anyone with an otherwise stock tuned C63/63.
Sure you do. I do too. You said it so it is so....

We have the quickest/fastest C63 in the world
Again, sure you do. So do I.

We just made more power and torque across the curve than than the biggest name in the game with our first E63--
LOL, pass the pipe, would ya?

not to mention the ability to do a 7A TCU
Still waiting.......

Jim and John's CLK BS dynos are otw and both owners expect their results to be easily improved upon based on the previous software in their cars.
Again, nothing but predictions.....

Model per model, no one (aftermarket entity/tuner) will come out of MIR with more "W"s than us.
Sure you will. You will be by yourself!!!!

Again our first E63 just made more power than the reigning champ "with multi million dollar budget that's been doing it for 20+ years"
Holy crap, I just rolled out of my seat!! It has been so long since someone said that of RennTech around here.

Like it or not, but we have delivered everything we said we would.
You may think so, but you talk quite the game and your averages just don't hang with your mouth...

I guess it's a good thing his ECU arrives tomorrow.
I hope he was bright enough not to send you his RennTech tuned ECU or his primary ECU for that matter.
Old 10-29-2008, 12:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 EuroElites E55
Originally Posted by Fr33kn63
geez. some fo you all are just plain rude....

anyway, I am happy with the gains I saw accross the curve.

I did speak with Andy and agreed to send him back my ecu for a little more push to the tuning.

Since this is my DD I told him it will have to wait a bit.

I am going to ship it back to him next monday as this week i really need my car and am not going to ask the wife to share hers again. Need to line up a rental for 2 days while its shipped back and forth. If I get it back by wednesday of next week i will try to hit the dyno again for a few more pulls to see more changes. But its gonna come close to maybe going to the track on 11/07
So for now people please stop hijacking the thread with useless comments regarding my tune as i dont want this to turn into another ***** thread. Start another thread if thats what you want to do.
So new data will have to wait....
Bro, you are happy with it right now! why go threw all the BS of sending it back for a couple HP? Personaly I would just leave it be. Your TCU tuning will get you the precious tenths in the 1/4 mile anyways not the 2 more HP.
Good luck either way.
Old 10-29-2008, 12:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 EuroElites E55
Originally Posted by MHP
from the people's republic of Cali
Hey slow your roll buddy only us Kalifornians can say thoes words!

I also have the supersprint exhaust system you mentioned earlyer about. But I paid $8500 for it installed and got 50rwhp and the baddest sound you ever heard.

Just busting your chops.
Old 10-29-2008, 12:39 AM
Banned

02 S500 Sport
LOL I bet Jangy will get an MHP tune soon when he sees how far behind he is, But since MHP has him on the ban list he will pose as someone else just to get it done

No Offense Jangy, just busting your *****.
Old 10-29-2008, 12:39 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by MHP
I just gotta ask, is your car even running right now?
Runs everyday. I can even get an updated tune without driving a rental for a week. My car is a tried and true stage 5 55K. That means data exists all over the place on what it does. It is nothing special and I haven't touted it to be, unlike you.

If so what kind of numbers are you making with what mods/tuning?
I assume right at 500/500 to the wheels. It is just a number.

No, only mentally impaired midgets from the people's republic of Cali get the watered down version.
And Jeff, right?

As with everything in life, there are margins. Jeff could run the present tune on 91 octane, he won't be able to with the revision. Not sure I'd do that with the Renntech (run it on 91).
Never fear, RennTech has high octane tunes, too. Funny, you just state here that your solution to getting more power than RennTech is to go to a higher octane tune. WOW!!

Again, we beat Renntech across the board with gains over 9rwhp/13rwtq in the midrange, and you're trying to spin the results into a failure.
Day to day, either of those curves lays right on top of the other. Keep thinking people here have no idea how to tell. prime example of you exaggerating the facts. My assumtion is you do this with every claim.

Whose paypal fund are we transferring $ to so Jangy can fly out to MIR?
jangy@yahoo.com
send it.
Old 10-29-2008, 12:43 AM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
We aren't talking internals. We are talking tune and you are painting yourself into a co0rner with each post. You have shown the data to be clearly different for the E63 vs C63, or are you not saying the truth about your gains?
Jesus you're dense. The only real comparisons you can make are same track/dyno corrected preference in that order. I have no idea what kind of power my car would make on Jeff's dyno, or his on mine. All that's important was our tune v Renntech's on the same dyno with all else equal.

We have the quickest/fastest C63 in the world
Again, sure you do. So do I.
Seriously, you're just out there...

LOL, pass the pipe, would ya?
Looks like you've already had enough.

Still waiting.......
On what? Every TCU we've done has completley satisfied its owner by doing what we said it would. Feel free to ask any of our customers or those that have driven their cars.

Again, nothing but predictions.....
Care to place your $ where your mouth is? I'm game if you are.

Sure you will. You will be by yourself!!!!
Team MHP will consist of 3 CLK BS's, an E63, C63, CLK55, CL65, S600, CL600, and an E55. If there were classes, we'd win all that we'd enter by a landslide save the 600s. Jay has a quick setup, should be a good race.

Holy crap, I just rolled out of my seat!! It has been so long since someone said that of RennTech around here.
That exact verbage was posted by several MHP detractors when we first arrived on this site. Trust me, I'm laughing too.

You may think so, but you talk quite the game and your averages just don't hang with your mouth...
So it's a good thing we have dyno and track results to back the claims? I thought so too.

I hope he was bright enough not to send you his RennTech tuned ECU or his primary ECU for that matter.
Old 10-29-2008, 12:44 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by Gondon
LOL I bet Jangy will get an MHP tune soon when he sees how far behind he is, But since MHP has him on the ban list he will pose as someone else just to get it done

No Offense Jangy, just busting your *****.
All I need is a flashbooster and I can get whatever tune is copied. MHP's ability to tune is out the window at this point. I think some are sitting on the sidelines to see data and they will get in. Others of us have already decided if we would buy anything from them. I'm not saying that Andy cares, but it still doesn't change facts.

But, again, what numbers will prive his point? There are absolutely ZERO head to head battles scheduled for now, so we will not be finding anything out soon. MIR will come and go and once again we will see how good the east coast conditions are. So what?
Old 10-29-2008, 12:45 AM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by ROCKETW19
Hey slow your roll buddy only us Kalifornians can say thoes words!

I also have the supersprint exhaust system you mentioned earlyer about. But I paid $8500 for it installed and got 50rwhp and the baddest sound you ever heard.

Just busting your chops.
50rw from a stock longblock N/A 6.2 exhaust I'd have to see to believe. Got any track/dyno data? Even if the gains were real our tuning is still a bargain by comparison.
Old 10-29-2008, 12:49 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Quote:
So it's a good thing we have dyno and track results to back the claims? I thought so too.

Yes, it would be.

Quote:

Then I'll take your smiley to imply that you are about to "crack" the new RennTech tune.
Old 10-29-2008, 12:52 AM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
All I need is a flashbooster and I can get whatever tune is copied. MHP's ability to tune is out the window at this point. I think some are sitting on the sidelines to see data and they will get in. Others of us have already decided if we would buy anything from them. I'm not saying that Andy cares, but it still doesn't change facts.

But, again, what numbers will prive his point? There are absolutely ZERO head to head battles scheduled for now, so we will not be finding anything out soon. MIR will come and go and once again we will see how good the east coast conditions are. So what?
Numbers prove everything to an objective mind Jangy. You can blame the other tuners in the business for not stepping up to our shootout challenge. We did everything possible to make it happen. Thankfully we don't need on site competitors to set records.

PS--Love how you're already attempting to discredit the results from a future race event for personal reasons.
Old 10-29-2008, 12:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 EuroElites E55
Originally Posted by MHP
50rw from a stock longblock N/A 6.2 exhaust I'd have to see to believe. Got any track/dyno data? Even if the gains were real our tuning is still a bargain by comparison.
OOOPs im sorry bro I have a real car, 55er 4 life. (untill I can afford a CLK BS)
Old 10-29-2008, 01:01 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by MHP
Numbers prove everything to an objective mind Jangy.
Actually, they don't. That is exactly where you are off. Our analysis of those numbers is what matters. You and I both looked at the same data set. You saw an obviouys winner and I didn't. Basically, your signal to noise ratio is too low for the number of reps you have.

You can blame the other tuners in the business for not stepping up to our shootout challenge. We did everything possible to make it happen.
Did you now? What did you do to make this happen?

Thankfully we don't need on site competitors to set records.
No you don't. Just keep correcting those numbers, now will ya?

PS--Love how you're already attempting to discredit the results from a future race event for personal reasons.
Back to you not having a clue and yet yap yap.. I have always discreditted numbers alone. To me, if the cars didn't run side by side, then I am not interested. You are. What is my personal reason? All of this started with me spanking stock Z06s in California (at the track and on the road). In your ideal world, I should never have won but I did and I was only coming to MIR to make money from another Vette run. Why wouldn't I take that bet? I can mod my E all I want and then just run a stock Z06. They may be fast, but not that fast. The bet never happened and I didn't sink an extra $10K into the car to win. The only thing personal here is your mouth.
Old 10-29-2008, 01:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 EuroElites E55
Originally Posted by MHP
Numbers prove everything to an objective mind Jangy. You can blame the other tuners in the business for not stepping up to our shootout challenge. We did everything possible to make it happen. Thankfully we don't need on site competitors to set records.

Thats not realy fair to say the other companys are not stepping up. Come to the WEST side for a few passes Im sure you would get at least VRP there. The other companys could care less I would guess?
I will race any 55 you bring motor to motor.
Old 10-29-2008, 01:02 AM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by ROCKETW19
OOOPs im sorry bro I have a real car, 55er 4 life. (untill I can afford a CLK BS)
Still don't believe the #s. 2.3L twin screw cars don't gain 50rw from an exhaust. Plus tune and it makes sense otherwise, where are the numbers?
Old 10-29-2008, 01:04 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by MHP
Still don't believe the #s. 2.3L twin screw cars don't gain 50rw from an exhaust. Plus tune and it makes sense otherwise, where are the numbers?
Of course it was plus tune (VRP). Tuning isn't new here...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: E63 Renntech vs MHP data