E63 Renntech vs MHP data

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-29-2008, 01:07 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
Originally Posted by ROCKETW19
Bro, you are happy with it right now! why go threw all the BS of sending it back for a couple HP? Personaly I would just leave it be. Your TCU tuning will get you the precious tenths in the 1/4 mile anyways not the 2 more HP.
Good luck either way.
Listen to rocket. Back then he was the guy that was chasing every mod for his car. He ended up working with lots of people and we (the members here) had some concerns at that time. I know I am a big contributor to this OT stuff, but separate yourself from the discussions. Rocket taught me one thing. Be happy with your car and don't worry what people think. If you like it, great. If you feel you want more, then chase it.
Old 10-29-2008, 01:08 AM
MHP
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by jangy
Numbers prove everything to an objective mind Jangy.
Actually, they don't. That is exactly where you are off. Our analysis of those numbers is what matters. You and I both looked at the same data set. You saw an obviouys winner and I didn't. Basically, your signal to noise ratio is too low for the number of reps you have.
No actually, it merely proves your ignorance on the topic.

What did you do to make this happen?
You've got to be kidding me? Even our biggest detractors (the sane ones anyway) know that we've been asking for mos for other tuners to step up and race us at MIR. We even offered to comp a free tune in order to get another tuner to step up and still nothing.

Just keep correcting those numbers, now will ya?
We will continue to post both uncorrected and corrected numbers as we always have.

Back to you not having a clue and yet yap yap.. I have always discreditted numbers alone. To me, if the cars didn't run side by side, then I am not interested.
Explain to me how cars run side by side on the same dyno...

What is my personal reason? All of this started with me spanking stock Z06s in California (at the track and on the road). In your ideal world, I should never have won but I did and I was only coming to MIR to make money from another Vette run. Why wouldn't I take that bet? I can mod my E all I want and then just run a stock Z06. They may be fast, but not that fast. The bet never happened and I didn't sink an extra $10K into the car to win. The only thing personal here is your mouth.
WTF are you talking about reg. Z06s? Do you have me confused with someone else or did you double up on your lithium? Honestly, I hope you're drunk/high, etc otherwise you need to be committed.

Back to you not having a clue and yet yap yap.. I have always discreditted numbers alone. To me, if the cars didn't run side by side, then I am not interested. You are. What is my personal reason? All of this started with me spanking stock Z06s in California (at the track and on the road). In your ideal world, I should never have won but I did and I was only coming to MIR to make money from another Vette run. Why wouldn't I take that bet? I can mod my E all I want and then just run a stock Z06. They may be fast, but not that fast. The bet never happened and I didn't sink an extra $10K into the car to win. The only thing personal here is your mouth.[/QUOTE]
Old 10-29-2008, 01:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 EuroElites E55
Originally Posted by MHP
Still don't believe the #s. 2.3L twin screw cars don't gain 50rw from an exhaust. Plus tune and it makes sense otherwise, where are the numbers?
Damm my bad again, I have not gave enough info sorry. I just figured you knew what my car had. I forget you are new here. anyways yes that was with a tune also. And to be honest it wasnt quite 50 it was more like 47. I just like to say 50hp
Old 10-29-2008, 01:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 52 Likes on 45 Posts
'14 E63S & '14 Audi SQ5
Bro, you are happy with it right now! why go threw all the BS of sending it back for a couple HP? Personaly I would just leave it be. Your TCU tuning will get you the precious tenths in the 1/4 mile anyways not the 2 more HP.
Good luck either way.
I agree 100%....Jeff if you are happy with it...I wouldn't go through the hassle of getting a few more hp. Let's face it, the MHP tune performed better than the tune that was on your car. As Rocket points out the TCU shifting may get you to the promised land anyway....if you are bent on picking up the additional ponies...maybe Andy can load the new software at MIR so you can see what it does immediately at the track compared to the version you just dynoed. As far as I am concerned you have done enough and I appreciate your efforts to do the best comparison you can at this point. I hope you don't feel the need to pacify everyone on here...it will never happen anyway...as I always say ...strive for excellence... not perfection

Tom
Old 10-29-2008, 01:14 AM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Thats not realy fair to say the other companys are not stepping up. Come to the WEST side for a few passes Im sure you would get at least VRP there. The other companys could care less I would guess?
I will race any 55 you bring motor to motor.
We're not located in the East, I'm sure VRP/PC, Renntech, whoever have satelite shops closer to MIR than we are--7.5hr drive for us to get there. MIR is an ideal showcase for everyone. Besides as I've said countless times before, in order to do a fair test all tuners would have to select a stock car to tune (same make, mods, approx mileage) so they could run at MIR against each other. We can't all tune the same car and get accurate track results in one day as the engine/trans controllers won't be at 100% until some miles rack up.
The other companies have a lot to lose and are used to getting away with murder, there is no incentive for them to step up only to lose--other than pride and/or confidence in their product, which evidently they're lacking.
Bring your ride and your $ to MIR (the wagers made will easily cover your travel expenses should you win) and let's do this.
Old 10-29-2008, 01:16 AM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by TMC M5
I agree 100%....Jeff if you are happy with it...I wouldn't go through the hassle of getting a few more hp. Let's face it, the MHP tune performed better than the tune that was on your car. As Rocket points out the TCU shifting may get you to the promised land anyway....if you are bent on picking up the additional ponies...maybe Andy can load the new software at MIR so you can see what it does immediately at the track compared to the version you just dynoed. As far as I am concerned you have done enough and I appreciate your efforts to do the best comparison you can at this point. I hope you don't feel the need to pacify everyone on here...it will never happen anyway...as I always say ...strive for excellence... not perfection

Tom

Tom,
The ECU/TCU need miles to learn before working optimally. I tell my customers 200 miles before testing (Jeff had ~125 I believe).
Old 10-29-2008, 01:17 AM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Damm my bad again, I have not gave enough info sorry. I just figured you knew what my car had. I forget you are new here. anyways yes that was with a tune also. And to be honest it wasnt quite 50 it was more like 47. I just like to say 50hp
That's believable.
Old 10-29-2008, 01:24 AM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Why would I give it a rest when MHP continues to bully members here? Like you said back and forth. I'm simply picking up where Fikse left off.... sorry you finally found your bandwagon but if you want to enjoy it in peace tell your pit boss to back it up.
Who exactly did I bully?

Seriously, what's the deal with the Z06 rant above? Are you high or just dillusional? Between that at the comment about Tom being our affiliate I almost fell off the couch.
Old 10-29-2008, 01:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'14 E63S & '14 Audi SQ5
Originally Posted by MHP
Tom,
The ECU/TCU need miles to learn before working optimally. I tell my customers 200 miles before testing (Jeff had ~125 I believe).

We can send Jeff out to pick up lunch...since MIR is in the middle of nowhere to the closest restaurant and back should be enough...

Seriously, why not meet up with him the night before the event...flash him then...he can drive around for a little bit...that plus the drive out to MIR should be enough.

Tom
Old 10-29-2008, 01:26 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by MHP
No actually, it merely proves your ignorance on the topic.

BLAH BLAH BLAH...Did I loose you?

We will continue to post both uncorrected and corrected numbers as we always have.
Whichever is better, huh?

Explain to me how cars run side by side on the same dyno...
Dyno? Again, lost you huh? Go look it up. You were talking about MIR and me discrediting it beforehand....for personal reasons no less.

WTF are you talking about reg. Z06s? Do you have me confused with someone else or did you double up on your lithium? Honestly, I hope you're drunk/high, etc otherwise you need to be committed.
What does doubling the lithium do?

[/quote]

Old 10-29-2008, 01:28 AM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
We can send Jeff out to pick up lunch...since MIR is in the middle of nowhere to the closest restaurant and back should be enough...

Seriously, why not meet up with him the night before the event...flash him then...he can drive around for a little bit...that plus the drive out to MIR should be enough.

Tom
Tom,
We knew we left power on the table and therefore know we can net him higher numbers at no further expense on his end (other than shipping the ECU to us, we'll cover it on the way back). I'm not sure why he wouldn't want to do it asap. As it stands it's either coming back tomorrow or Monday.
This allows enough time to redyno before MIR, then hit the track in the same week.
Old 10-29-2008, 01:30 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by MHP
Tom,
We knew we left power on the table and therefore know we can net him higher numbers at no further expense on his end (other than shipping the ECU to us, we'll cover it on the way back). I'm not sure why he wouldn't want to do it asap. As it stands it's either coming back tomorrow or Monday.
This allows enough time to redyno before MIR, then hit the track in the same week.
Maybe he wants to get pump gas instead of race fuel at every load? What do ya think?
Old 10-29-2008, 01:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 EuroElites E55
Originally Posted by MHP
We're not located in the East, I'm sure VRP/PC, Renntech, whoever have satelite shops closer to MIR than we are--7.5hr drive for us to get there.

Bring your ride and your $ to MIR (the wagers made will easily cover your travel expenses should you win) and let's do this.
7.5 hours is a long drive but I think thats how long I would sit in the plane to get there. Way to far for me.

Im not realy a betting man beside I have no ego to puff up. I realy wouldnt care if I won or lost. But since you offered I will race your C63 motor to motor for the cost of all my travel expences.
But just dont laugh at me when I pull up to the starting line on my 20" HREs and street tires.
Old 10-29-2008, 01:35 AM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
BLAH BLAH BLAH...Did I loose you?
Not sure how you could "loose" me, but you lost me a few pages back. Somehow, someway, your posts always end up turning into incoherent and nonsensical drivel. I guess that's just your way of bowing out...forget about gracefully...

Whichever is better, huh?
Both so people can make up their own minds. I'm a fan of corrected for reasons I've gone over many times before. It's industry standard to correct dyno #s but no one wants to see their best ETs/traps raised/lowered respectively when they run in negative DA air at the track. We will def. be correcting up at MIR.

Again, lost you huh? Go look it up. You were talking about MIR and me discrediting it beforehand....for personal reasons no less.
I don't think I'm the one talking in circles here bud.

What does doubling the lithium do?
That's a question for your psychiatrist.
Old 10-29-2008, 01:35 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by MHP
Who exactly did I bully?

Seriously, what's the deal with the Z06 rant above? Are you high or just dillusional? Between that at the comment about Tom being our affiliate I almost fell off the couch.
Ok seriously.
You've been rude as can be to EVERY member that does not flat out listen to you. It is cool for most of us, especially me since this place is my entertainment. But some are not as thick skinned as you and I and you don't seem to care. I deserve your best, that isn't the issue. Just mellow out with attacks and actually say why?

On this thread, WHY do you think the numbers look successful? I can see saying that you did well for your first round or even that the MHP data appears to be better than the RennTech. But to just insist that the numbers are huge is not cool.

Nah, the vette is before you and what started all the East coasters hating at me. Then, we had the LET scuffle so it was pretty tense before you showed up. Now, it is just worse and I have contributed as much as anyone.
That is serious.
Old 10-29-2008, 01:39 AM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
7.5 hours is a long drive but I think thats how long I would sit in the plane to get there. Way to far for me.

Im not realy a betting man beside I have no ego to puff up. I realy wouldnt care if I won or lost. But since you offered I will race your C63 motor to motor for the cost of all my travel expences.
But just dont laugh at me when I pull up to the starting line on my 20" HREs and street tires.
Where are you flying in from AK? If you really want to race motor to motor, you'll need to pull that blower off
We decided to run tuning only (filters/gaskets/DRs as well) at MIR to showcase what we can do with just a ECU/TCU flash. Shortly after we'll have a full exhaust and redesigned air inlet setup on, as well as our own UD pulley (that might make it on by MIR by itself).
That being said I'll run your car on 20" radials with just tuning/filters/gaskets/DRs and maybe a UD pulley at MIR for the cost of your travel if you're game.
Old 10-29-2008, 01:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'14 E63S & '14 Audi SQ5
Originally Posted by MHP
Tom,
Because it is kind of a pain for for him to be down a car...and his ultimate goal is to do well at MIR. I figured as long as his ECU is "broken-in" with the latest software by the time he lines up on 11/15 it wouldn't matter to him. All the dyno stuff is more relevant for everyone else... I just wanted to suggest something that aligns with his goals...I think he has done enough at this point.

Tom
Old 10-29-2008, 01:44 AM
LZH
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK 63 Black Series, 2009 S550, 2011 Range Rover Supercharged, BMW F800 GS Anniv Edition
Ok seriously.
You've been rude as can be to EVERY member that does not flat out listen to you. It is cool for most of us, especially me since this place is my entertainment. But some are not as thick skinned as you and I and you don't seem to care. I deserve your best, that isn't the issue. Just mellow out with attacks and actually say why?

On this thread, WHY do you think the numbers look successful? I can see saying that you did well for your first round or even that the MHP data appears to be better than the RennTech. But to just insist that the numbers are huge is not cool.

Nah, the vette is before you and what started all the East coasters hating at me. Then, we had the LET scuffle so it was pretty tense before you showed up. Now, it is just worse and I have contributed as much as anyone.
That is serious.
Please point out where Andy ever said their gains here were "HUGE". I really think you have a screw loose and simly respond to what you THINK has been said and not reality. And as far as people hating you....well, it's not just east coasters becasue I live in LA you retard. And in case you haven't been paying attention, you are not getting under my skin - you give yourself too much credit for simply acting like an douche. I'm done with you....it's pointless. Now please go draw up your next incoherent response.

Last edited by LZH; 10-29-2008 at 01:48 AM.
Old 10-29-2008, 01:47 AM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Ok seriously.
If you take the time to read through my posts you'll see that I never instigate these pissing contests. I am guilty of making honest comments that some people may not like, however I don't believe that alone justifies the personal and BS attacks on us and our results.

As I stated initially I believe we were successful in tuning Jeff's E63 since we made more average HP/TQ, and peak HP/TQ, with a very conservative safe A/F ratio--helping to extinguish the BS about our tunes being on the edge of the envelope as far as durability/safety are concerned. In the end we ended up making more power than a very established company with by comparison, an unlimited budget. Now factor in the benefits of our TCU tuning (which can't be measured quantitatively except for at the track which will happen shortly, and/or by driving the car every day not just at WOT but part thorttle as well) and I think you have to begin to see how this test was a success. I never said the difference in dyno numbers was "huge", but they are certainly significant enough to recognize.

That is serious.
Sounds like history repeating itself. There will always be conflict on the net. With that being said I don't believe there needed to be in this thread, or that it needs to continue at this point either. The numbers are out, make of them what you will.

Thanks
Old 10-29-2008, 01:48 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by LZH
Please point out where Andy ever said their gains here were "HUGE". I really think you have a screw loose and simly respond to what you THINK has been said and not reality. And as far as people hating you....well, it's not just east coasters becasue I live in LA you retard.
Again, real bright. is retard the best you can do? You never said who in your past owned you so? Damn, and we planned this out so well, too. Oh well, better luck next time.
Old 10-29-2008, 01:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 EuroElites E55
Originally Posted by MHP
Where are you flying in from AK? If you really want to race motor to motor, you'll need to pull that blower off
We decided to run tuning only (filters/gaskets/DRs as well) at MIR to showcase what we can do with just a ECU/TCU flash. Shortly after we'll have a full exhaust and redesigned air inlet setup on, as well as our own UD pulley (that might make it on by MIR by itself).
That being said I'll run your car on 20" radials with just tuning/filters/gaskets/DRs and maybe a UD pulley at MIR for the cost of your travel if you're game.
Actually I was just bust your chops again. I do think I would win quite easy but that is not the point I just wanted to talk smack.
Old 10-29-2008, 01:50 AM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Because it is kind of a pain for for him to be down a car...and his ultimate goal is to do well at MIR. I figured as long as his ECU is "broken-in" with the latest software by the time he lines up on 11/15 it wouldn't matter to him. All the dyno stuff is more relevant for everyone else... I just wanted to suggest something that aligns with his goals...I think he has done enough at this point.

Tom

Understood and I don't disagree. Though after conversing with Jeff I think he's game for another go around asap. He's addicted to modding just like most of the rest of us.
Old 10-29-2008, 01:51 AM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Actually I was just bust your chops again. I do think I would win quite easy but that is not the point I just wanted to talk smack.
I respectuflly disagree with your accessment of our theoretical race. I think my Jeep would take you if you ran 20s.
Old 10-29-2008, 01:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 EuroElites E55
Originally Posted by MHP
I respectuflly disagree with your accessment of our theoretical race. I think my Jeep would take you if you ran 20s.
LOL I ran a 11.7 with a no prep track (1.9 60') that was also before a custom tune and 50rwhp ago. with a preped track I see 11.4 no problem at MIR probably 11.3. Yes this was on 20s
Old 10-29-2008, 01:57 AM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Maybe he wants to get pump gas instead of race fuel at every load? What do ya think?
I think the state he lives in has 93 octane on tap everywhere so no race gas necessary--though running 100 octane will make more power with the same tune.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: E63 Renntech vs MHP data