Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-29-2008, 01:57 AM
MHP
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by ROCKETW19
LOL I ran a 11.7 with a no prep track (1.9 60') that was also before a custom tune and 50rwhp ago. with a preped track I see 11.4 no problem at MIR probably 11.3. Yes this was on 20s
I don't see additional power helping you go quicker on 20s. Faster maybe, but not quicker.
Old 10-29-2008, 01:59 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
Originally Posted by MHP
If you take the time to read through my posts you'll see that I never instigate these pissing contests. I am guilty of making honest comments that some people may not like, however I don't believe that alone justifies the personal and BS attacks on us and our results.

I have Andy. Like you say, there is no feedback on you guys, so why would we choose to bash just you? Take some responsibility. Not everyone on this site can be nuts so write some of us off, but you may wanna listen to the rest some. Your hateful words were never entranced with facts but simple belittleing that I like, but others may not. Deny it all you want.

In the end we ended up making more power than a very established company with by comparison, an unlimited budget.
RennTech is very budget limitted and not quite the lord of tuners as you keep trying to push. I'd give them the edge on 63 tuning only because of Rick's car and you will have that soon.

Now factor in the benefits of our TCU tuning (which can't be measured quantitatively except for at the track which will happen shortly, and/or by driving the car every day not just at WOT but part thorttle as well) and I think you have to begin to see how this test was a success. I never said the difference in dyno numbers was "huge", but they are certainly significant enough to recognize.
How does this in any way show us what the TCU tune can do? It has been days now since the tunes are out and all we hear about is claims of speed that we aren't even that interested in. How can you claim a success and expect us to buy in when we can not even get the real facts about the TCU tunes? Not saying you are hiding any truths, just saying we spend more time arguing than talking about details of the tunes. Even in the other thread when people did start asking about the "blip" features, you simply (and wrongly) wrote someone off for asking a question.

Sounds like history repeating itself. There will always be conflict on the net. With that being said I don't believe there needed to be in this thread, or that it needs to continue at this point either. The numbers are out, make of them what you will.

Thanks
I already did and you didn't like it. If your only goal was to show safe A/fs, then you should have said so instead of pretending that Jeff was off doing his own "study".
Old 10-29-2008, 02:02 AM
LZH
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK 63 Black Series, 2009 S550, 2011 Range Rover Supercharged, BMW F800 GS Anniv Edition
Dude can I get I get a translator ??????
Old 10-29-2008, 02:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 52 Likes on 45 Posts
'14 E63S & '14 Audi SQ5
LOL I ran a 11.7 with a no prep track (1.9 60') that was also before a custom tune and 50rwhp ago. with a preped track I see 11.4 no problem at MIR probably 11.3. Yes this was on 20s
My only caution would be that the added power may make it alot more difficult to still get decent 60' times. It is also going to probably be in the 40's at MIR. I am not sure street tires would be able to warm up enough to run 1.9s. Otherwise continue with this theoretical match-up ...it is entertaining

Tom
Old 10-29-2008, 02:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 EuroElites E55
Originally Posted by MHP
I don't see additional power helping you go quicker on 20s. Faster maybe, but not quicker.
That I have no clue about HP to wheel size? But I do know for a fact .2 will come of easy in a preped track. I have already went 1.7s on 20s. I was also dumping stupid amounts of fuel on the top end. now my car pulls right threw the gears instead of falling on its face the last half.
You are getting me in the racing mood maybe I need to swing by the track to see what she will run.
Old 10-29-2008, 02:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'14 E63S & '14 Audi SQ5
That I have no clue about HP to wheel size? But I do know for a fact .2 will come of easy in a preped track. I have already went 1.7s on 20s. I was also dumping stupid amounts of fuel on the top end. now my car pulls right threw the gears instead of falling on its face the last half.
You are getting me in the racing mood maybe I need to swing by the track to see what she will run.
1.7s on 20s???....

Tom
Old 10-29-2008, 02:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 EuroElites E55
Originally Posted by TMC M5
My only caution would be that the added power may make it alot more difficult to still get decent 60' times. It is also going to probably be in the 40's at MIR. I am not sure street tires would be able to warm up enough to run 1.9s. Otherwise continue with this theoretical match-up ...it is entertaining

Tom
Car can easly get 1.7s the 1.9 was on a zero preped track. you have to be perfect with the gas or you just spin. there is no just mash the gas down, I tried that and went sideways and almost smacked another members sl65.

Even running a 1.9 I still beat him pretty easy. (not talking trash)
Old 10-29-2008, 02:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'14 E63S & '14 Audi SQ5
Car can easly get 1.7s the 1.9 was on a zero preped track. you have to be perfect with the gas or you just spin. there is no just mash the gas down, I tried that and went sideways and almost smacked another members sl65.

Well...any dude that can cut 1.7s on an E55 with 20s isn't talking trash.... they are speaking the super truth... BTW I have been enjoying your avatar for awhile now...very nice

Tom
Old 10-29-2008, 02:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 EuroElites E55
1.7s on 20s???....

Tom
You have been here since 2002?
you dont remember me? Im the guy who liked to keep it like the streets. street rims and tires for track events and never put it in dyno mode and break stand. I would just roll up hammer the gas to get a lil burnout, line up and go. That was as realistic to the street I could get.
I couldnt be the guy at the stop light saying wait I have to go home and change rims and tires for our light to light race. or better yet hold on I have to get into dyno mode and do a burnout .lol
Old 10-29-2008, 02:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'14 E63S & '14 Audi SQ5
You have been here since 2002?
you dont remember me? Im the guy who liked to keep it like the streets. street rims and tires for track events and never put it in dyno mode and break stand. I would just roll up hammer the gas to get a lil burnout, line up and go. That was as realistic to the street I could get.
I couldnt be the guy at the stop light saying wait I have to go home and change rims and tires for our light to light race. or better yet hold on I have to get into dyno mode and do a burnout .lol
LOL.. nice...you should have changed your username to "RTG-Rocket"...

Tom
Old 10-29-2008, 02:27 AM
LZH
Banned

CLK 63 Black Series, 2009 S550, 2011 Range Rover Supercharged, BMW F800 GS Anniv Edition
Given the obvious drawbacks that 20's represent, I do feel that the extra rubber helps in exactly this - good launches. Buddy of mine has a Rentch modded E63 that is really quick. Off the line he takes me for about 4 seconds then through the 1/4 I am ahead of him by quite a bit. I'd like 20's, but the roads here are just too crappy.
Old 10-29-2008, 02:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'14 E63S & '14 Audi SQ5
Originally Posted by LZH
Given the obvious drawbacks that 20's represent, I do feel that the extra rubber helps in exactly this - good launches. Buddy of mine has a Rentch modded E63 that is really quick. Off the line he takes me for about 4 seconds then through the 1/4 I am ahead of him by quite a bit. I'd like 20's, but the roads here are just too crappy.
Having 20's on my car right now...the car is way more difficult to launch than the stock 19s. This is even going from the stock 275s to 285s on the 20s. The E63 may have better weight distribution over the rear wheels than the BS...there is your answer...not the 20s.

Tom
Old 10-29-2008, 02:35 AM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Fear the v3.
Old 10-29-2008, 02:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'14 E63S & '14 Audi SQ5
Originally Posted by MHP
Fear the v3.
Why... is it a venerial disease?

Tom
Old 10-29-2008, 02:55 AM
LZH
Banned

Having 20's on my car right now...the car is way more difficult to launch than the stock 19s. This is even going from the stock 275s to 285s on the 20s. The E63 may have better weight distribution over the rear wheels than the BS...there is your answer...not the 20s.

Tom
That's one answer but I don't think THE answer. My black series is way stiffer sprung and the smallest imperfection in the pavement causes wheel hop. Also, E63 weight distribution in this case is not so much distribution but actual weight that allows the rear end to actually bite. After having my car 4 corner balanced this became more evident and reinforced the fact that the black series is not a drag racer but made to put down very quick lap times.
Old 10-29-2008, 02:57 AM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
I have Andy. Like you say, there is no feedback on you guys, so why would we choose to bash just you? Take some responsibility. Not everyone on this site can be nuts so write some of us off, but you may wanna listen to the rest some. Your hateful words were never entranced with facts but simple belittleing that I like, but others may not. Deny it all you want.
Holy non sequitor...There's actually quite a bit of feedback on us, with more coming in from reputable members every day. Read through my posts and you'll see that I rarely choose the route of personal attacks, on the flipside I am completely honest and often tell people what they may not want to hear which works against me.

RennTech is very budget limitted and not quite the lord of tuners as you keep trying to push. I'd give them the edge on 63 tuning only because of Rick's car and you will have that soon.
Financially speaking we're like the indie coffee shop on the corner, Renntech is Starbucks by comparison. As much as I may or may not agree, I think most MB owners are under the distinct impression that Renntech is amongst the best tuners in the world for our vehicles.

How does this in any way show us what the TCU tune can do? It has been days now since the tunes are out and all we hear about is claims of speed that we aren't even that interested in. How can you claim a success and expect us to buy in when we can not even get the real facts about the TCU tunes? Not saying you are hiding any truths, just saying we spend more time arguing than talking about details of the tunes. Even in the other thread when people did start asking about the "blip" features, you simply (and wrongly) wrote someone off for asking a question.
Everyone that's driven one of our TCU tunes has made the same commentary about shift quality, firmness/quickness, quicker downshifting, heightened throttle response a completely revised driving experience including Jrcart, TuningTech, Jeff/Fr33kn, and vadert. Again with more results and input arriving every day even though the benefits of the TCU are hard to measure quanatatively speaking, they are very much real and will shine on the road or track.
As for my ansewr to the person (Blue Monster) who told Jeff he didn't know what he was talking about, and assumed our tuning allowed 6000rpm 1-2 shifts, he was wrong, and I told him so. I took the same position in my response as he did in his reply to Jeff.

Thanks
Old 10-29-2008, 02:59 AM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Why... is it a venerial disease?

Tom
No but it may be just as contageous.
Old 10-29-2008, 10:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Originally Posted by ROMEO550
This has to be the worst money spent on any recent MB "tune".

What is really funny, is the references that they dont want to "blow" anything up as if this tune would even approach that feat.

Sorry, it had to be said. Buy an intake and some long headers and leave this alone.

Paul
No offense, but you should just quit while you're ahead. In order to reap the maximum gains from a set of long tube headers and a modified intake, it is going to require a new ECU tune anyhow to compensate for the increased flow. More air coming in is going to require more fuel as well as a timing adjustment.

One more thing, do you have any idea how much a set of high quality long tube headers costs? Here's a hint...a lot more than an MHP tune!
Old 10-29-2008, 11:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'14 E63S & '14 Audi SQ5
Originally Posted by jrcart
Hmmmm, the only double talk I see is coming from you Jangy. You are moving into the future? How? In you 3.5 year old, yesterdays news E55?

Jangy, a Plutonium powered Delorian would not get you into the future!
Kind of a classless response calling someone's car outdated.... did you ever consider that your CLk63 BS and the E55 have something in common?.... they are BOTH out of production. Does that make your car antiquated? No, but it does make your criticism of his car look foolish and petty.

Tom
Old 10-29-2008, 12:29 PM
Administrator

Received 796 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
Again Jim and Jangy? Are you both ready for a longer time out? Get out of this thread now and let it go back to the original discussion.
Old 10-29-2008, 12:33 PM

01 lightning,05e55amg
I would like to see timing tables across the curve for both the Renntech pull and MHP.

This possible?
Old 10-29-2008, 12:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
LOL, Vic, you better go back more than two posts if you want to clean this one up, Jangy started slinging mud back on page 2, but hey, I'm the easier target, right?
Old 10-29-2008, 12:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'14 E63S & '14 Audi SQ5
Hey!!! What happened to some posts?...I was just getting ready to respond!

Tom
Old 10-29-2008, 12:37 PM
Administrator

Received 796 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
Originally Posted by jrcart
LOL, Vic, you better go back more than two posts if you want to clean this one up, Jangy started slinging mud back on page 2, but hey, I'm the easier target, right?
Nope- you both just love to hate each other- I really want you two to meet so that you can realize that you are good people. I will clean it all up.

Back to the topic please guys
Old 10-29-2008, 12:41 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
Originally Posted by MHP
Holy non sequitor...There's actually quite a bit of feedback on us, with more coming in from reputable members every day.
Really? Any of them drive MBs? Everybody and their mama can tune Jeeps.

Read through my posts and you'll see that I rarely choose the route of personal attacks, on the flipside I am completely honest and often tell people what they may not want to hear which works against me.
You can keep thinking that you are the truth speaking yoda and that people just don't like your message. Truth is, we rarely listen to the message in the first place because of how it is RAMMED. You aren't the stand-out that noticed the King is naked. You just happened on it right now and got yourself excited.

Financially speaking we're like the indie coffee shop on the corner, Renntech is Starbucks by comparison. As much as I may or may not agree, I think most MB owners are under the distinct impression that Renntech is amongst the best tuners in the world for our vehicles.
MB owners, maybe. MBWorld owners, no. We consider RennTech to be for the ones that want slight (if any) gains but want the bling and are willing to pay for it. I would bet that 99.99% of RennTech owners are neither on this forum nor hardcore enthusiasts. The few that are here like the consistency of the brand. Either way, your little campaign to build a name by bashing others has been done 1000 times. In the end, if you have something to offer and last long enough for people to forget your mouth then you will have sales. If not, you will sell about 10 of them and then run like all the rest BEFORE all of the disaster hits.

Everyone that's driven one of our TCU tunes has made the same commentary about shift quality, firmness/quickness, quicker downshifting, heightened throttle response a completely revised driving experience including Jrcart, TuningTech, Jeff/Fr33kn, and vadert. Again with more results and input arriving every day even though the benefits of the TCU are hard to measure quanatatively speaking, they are very much real and will shine on the road or track.
You have not named a single established member here, why? Yes, we are curious about the TCU, but have seen NOTHING to back it up to date.

As for my ansewr to the person (Blue Monster) who told Jeff he didn't know what he was talking about, and assumed our tuning allowed 6000rpm 1-2 shifts, he was wrong, and I told him so. I took the same position in my response as he did in his reply to Jeff.
Again, you asked me to be serious so I was. You don't want to take responsibility for your mouth, then don't. You claim too be nothing but an animal. If i get hit I bite back, just like a dog in the pound.

Thanks
No, thank you.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: E63 Renntech vs MHP data