W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who has the Chrysler aftermarket warranty?

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 05-06-2009, 07:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts
96 and 08 911 turbos
I did not have any issues getting transferred to Todd, and he apologized for the wait.

Apparently the company inadvertently failed to include parts of my address and therefore, the docs never showed. Given that its been over a month, the company was in the process of canceling my policy due to non-payment.

However, I spoke with Todd, he made the address change and transferred me to billing, where I made the necessary payment.

I'm hoping this will clear up the issues I've had with this policy.
Old 05-06-2009, 09:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 E55
Mine is right at a month as well, that is why I wanted to have my documents so I could choose the payment plan, structure, etc...and finalize the contract. So do you ask for customer service, new policy, warranty info, etc..? Everyone I talked to could not transfer me. I will try again tomorrow I guess.
Old 05-06-2009, 10:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
997TT, R8 V10+, G550, Plaid S
Originally Posted by lane_change
Mine is right at a month as well, that is why I wanted to have my documents so I could choose the payment plan, structure, etc...and finalize the contract. So do you ask for customer service, new policy, warranty info, etc..? Everyone I talked to could not transfer me. I will try again tomorrow I guess.
ask for billing. give them your contract number and make a payment on it. you can print your contract online.
Old 05-08-2009, 05:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
GLC 63 S AMG / Corvette C8 / Jaguar SVR
is it safe to go with this???

I am about to buy an 03/04 amg and won't if I can't get an extended warranty for reasonable price..
Old 05-09-2009, 05:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
04 w211 E55
Chrysler has managed to SCREW me again....I know a few people have good experiences but my experience with them is nothing but problems. I canceled my warranty with them which is a long story and I started a thread about it and after all the problems I finally canceled and received my $500 back from chrysler. Here is the problem, I go to cash the check and it BOUNCES! These basterds sent me a check with no money in it. I called AMEX and disputed the charge but this is ridiculous. Here is my thread if anyone is interested to know all the problems I dealt with so far....

https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/...-warranty.html
Old 05-09-2009, 08:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

96 and 08 911 turbos
thats not a good sign.

Did you call them and raise hell?
Old 05-13-2009, 02:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by E55AMGGG04
Chrysler has managed to SCREW me again....I know a few people have good experiences but my experience with them is nothing but problems. I canceled my warranty with them which is a long story and I started a thread about it and after all the problems I finally canceled and received my $500 back from chrysler. Here is the problem, I go to cash the check and it BOUNCES! These basterds sent me a check with no money in it. I called AMEX and disputed the charge but this is ridiculous. Here is my thread if anyone is interested to know all the problems I dealt with so far....

https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/...-warranty.html
I am sure they will give you your money back, it was probably a stupid error, but after all that you went through you're even shorter on patience, and I don't blame you.

Since your canceled the warranty, which route are you gonna go?
Old 05-13-2009, 03:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
fyi..

those who bought or thinking of buying a service contract.

http://www.chryslerllc.com/en/news/

click on the FAQ! lower right corner.. Warranty and Service contract and read Q9 and A9.

so far I have used my service contract twice and combined it has totaled to $4370.

It works.. just fine.
Old 05-13-2009, 04:18 PM

W211,E90,E66,E39,E38,NSX,Z32-TT
So far the 411 on Chrysler sounds good. Having to say that, I still have not received my documents! I think I'm at the 8th week.
Old 05-13-2009, 06:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Bit of an update.. just called my Ray Catena mercedes in Union NJ and I spoke to an advisor.. and acted like I had the CSC and see what he said.. he said they do take it, but right now he has an issue with csc because he has a car, and right now chrysler is taking 8 business days (they are closed fri-sun) for them to get paid, and they can't release the car until its paid, and when the repair is done you can't have a loaner anymore. If you PAY OUT OF POCKET and wait to get reimbursed by CSC it takes 90 days according to him. He has a customer right now in that situation. He said I know a lot of companies.. he use to sell CSC's and said right now that is the issue with them. I asked him if he had a recommendation for an extended warranty, he said GE Capital (can't find their site) I then go have you ever heard of Fidelity, he goes Yea they are the best in the business but depending on car/miles may be expensive.

However, I just got some good quotes from Austin ( ashemon@mbofhagerstown.com ) @ Hagerstown MB for Fidelity Platinum. I am awaiting to hear back from him for a final price on something. I will post. Also with Fidelity you do not need an inspection.

I was really set to go with CSC but now think (90%) sure I am going with Fidelity, it will be around the same price for me since my 03 SL55 I am getting has 30k miles.
Old 05-13-2009, 07:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
06 SL65 / 97 993tt /11 Suburban/ 2012 GTR (AMG è la mia Famiglia la Bestia è la mia protezione)
Originally Posted by InTheBenz0
Bit of an update.. just called my Ray Catena mercedes in Union NJ and I spoke to an advisor.. and acted like I had the CSC and see what he said.. he said they do take it, but right now he has an issue with csc because he has a car, and right now chrysler is taking 8 business days (they are closed fri-sun) for them to get paid, and they can't release the car until its paid, and when the repair is done you can't have a loaner anymore. If you PAY OUT OF POCKET and wait to get reimbursed by CSC it takes 90 days according to him. He has a customer right now in that situation. He said I know a lot of companies.. he use to sell CSC's and said right now that is the issue with them. I asked him if he had a recommendation for an extended warranty, he said GE Capital (can't find their site) I then go have you ever heard of Fidelity, he goes Yea they are the best in the business but depending on car/miles may be expensive.

However, I just got some good quotes from Austin ( ashemon@mbofhagerstown.com ) @ Hagerstown MB for Fidelity Platinum. I am awaiting to hear back from him for a final price on something. I will post. Also with Fidelity you do not need an inspection.

I was really set to go with CSC but now think (90%) sure I am going with Fidelity, it will be around the same price for me since my 03 SL55 I am getting has 30k miles.
Based on my mileage (5k) the finance manager at MB where I bought the SL65, they quoted me a Fidelity EW 7/70000 for $3800.

Jon
Old 05-13-2009, 08:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by AMGfan
Based on my mileage (5k) the finance manager at MB where I bought the SL65, they quoted me a Fidelity EW 7/70000 for $3800.

Jon
03 SL55 amg 31k miles: Fidelity Platinum Warranty

$100 deductible

Term

2 yr 24k miles = $1008

3yr 36k = $1729

4yr 48k = $2106

4yr 60k = $2776
Old 05-13-2009, 09:47 PM

2006 E55 (white); 2016 GL 550 (white)
Which warranty has the best coverage, Fidelity or Chrysler?
Old 05-13-2009, 09:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 w211 E55
I am sure they will give you your money back, it was probably a stupid error, but after all that you went through you're even shorter on patience, and I don't blame you.

Since your canceled the warranty, which route are you gonna go?
I'm trying to choose between easycare and fidelity. Thing is the closest dealer they have for the fidelity warranty is KIA. I just checked about easycare and they are also nearby but ACURA dealer is selling it. My local MB dealer said Fidelity sucks so I don't know right now but I need something soon.
Old 05-13-2009, 10:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by E55AMGGG04
I'm trying to choose between easycare and fidelity. Thing is the closest dealer they have for the fidelity warranty is KIA. I just checked about easycare and they are also nearby but ACURA dealer is selling it. My local MB dealer said Fidelity sucks so I don't know right now but I need something soon.

Don't know why they say it sucked.. many Benz dealerships sell it.. The hagerstown guy, the local dealer buy me also (but wants to rip me off so I am getting it from Austin at hagerstown) and the other dealer by me doesn't sell it but called it the best .. good enough in my book + many benz dealerships around the country use Fidelity.. Audi, porsche all use them etc. I will kindly go to the dealer that sells it for warranty work, if they give me any crap I will gladly say if they deny me: "You sell what I have, are you saying you sell inferior products/services?" and gladly not take my $135,000 car there anymore and conduct business elsewhere.
Old 05-14-2009, 10:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

96 and 08 911 turbos
welp, I just scheduled an appointment at Benzel Busch for May 26th.

We'll see what happens.
Old 05-14-2009, 11:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

96 and 08 911 turbos
Not relevant to all, but Benzel Busch Mercedes Benz in Englewood, NJ does not accept anything but the mercedes extended warranty. However, they will call CSC, you pay up front and then get reimbursed.
Old 05-14-2009, 12:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Oliverk
Not relevant to all, but Benzel Busch Mercedes Benz in Englewood, NJ does not accept anything but the mercedes extended warranty. However, they will call CSC, you pay up front and then get reimbursed.
and doing it this way will take you 90 days to get reimbursed. That is the issue another NJ dealer is having with CSC.
Old 05-14-2009, 12:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL55 AMG
Originally Posted by AZIPOD
So far the 411 on Chrysler sounds good. Having to say that, I still have not received my documents! I think I'm at the 8th week.
I haven't gotten mine either and I purchased on April 9th...I did however get a biling statement this week
Old 05-14-2009, 12:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

96 and 08 911 turbos
and doing it this way will take you 90 days to get reimbursed. That is the issue another NJ dealer is having with CSC.
Heres what I don't get.

If my MB dealer calls CSC and says, "heres the bill for insured vehicle number XYZ, the total is $x,xxx", CSC reviews and approves the repair, and pays the bill.

Why would the dealer care if they are getting paid straight from me or CSC? Recourse in case the check bounces????

Hell the dealer can keep the car until the check clears if they want.

I don't have a problem with fronting the money for 3 months, but if they later claim some of the stuff is not covered, I would be pretty pissed.

I left a message for Todd to call me regarding how this process works and whether the repairs are "pre approved" meaning you don't risk not getting paid 90 days afterwards.

This sucks!!!
Old 05-14-2009, 01:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Oliverk
Heres what I don't get.

If my MB dealer calls CSC and says, "heres the bill for insured vehicle number XYZ, the total is $x,xxx", CSC reviews and approves the repair, and pays the bill.

Why would the dealer care if they are getting paid straight from me or CSC? Recourse in case the check bounces????

Hell the dealer can keep the car until the check clears if they want.

I don't have a problem with fronting the money for 3 months, but if they later claim some of the stuff is not covered, I would be pretty pissed.

I left a message for Todd to call me regarding how this process works and whether the repairs are "pre approved" meaning you don't risk not getting paid 90 days afterwards.

This sucks!!!

The problem is CSC WILL COVER THE BILL. However, once your repair is done no more loaner AND heres the bigger problem.. CSC is taking 8 business days to pay. And they are closed fri-sun.. so mon-thurs are their "business days" this is an issue Mercedes benz (ray catena union nj) is having with 1 of their customers as we speak.
Old 05-14-2009, 02:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

96 and 08 911 turbos
Ok, spoke with Todd again.

He stated that they pay with a corporate credit card, which should put the dealer at ease.

I have no problems with loaner cars or anything else. I have another car that I plan to use.

If it takes them 8 biz days to pay, then so be it (although that is very long).

Todd stated that this was the first time he's heard of a dealer who won't accept the policy and was as perplexed as I was.

I wonder if the dealer couldn't do this:

finish the work, put the whole amount on my credit card, wait for payment from CSC, and then cancel the charges on my card.

Again, I don't mind fronting the money, but I'm really surprised that Benzel Busch wouldn't accept this. I could always try another dealer, but i've had very good luck with Frank Scott (the service advisor) and the techs there.

sucks.
Old 05-14-2009, 05:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55 ///AMG
FWIW, they have paid within 2 days of anything I have had done (three things so far). Maybe the are backed up now, but that is how it was just a month ago.
Old 05-14-2009, 06:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
I had my car in to my dealer and SA for a brake switch.. It was only a $7 switch and 270 for install.

I paid my $100 and my SA told me that CSC is delaying payment for 7 days until the restructure was complete.

btw> my dealer released the car with no problem.. obviously the amount was almost nothing for them.

that was before the news broke on 5/1/09..

a few weeks, everything should be back to normal.
Old 05-14-2009, 09:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

997TT, R8 V10+, G550, Plaid S
Jersey guys,

Take your car to MB of Flemington in FLemington, NJ on RT 31. Ask for service adivser Paul and he will work with your chrysler warranty and you will NOT have to pay upfront. All I pay is my deductible there. I take my car there from PA because their service is amazing, loaner cars are always avialable and free and they never hassle me about mods.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Who has the Chrysler aftermarket warranty?