W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official Weistec M113K 3.0L Supercharger, PICTURES INSIDE!!!

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 4.69 average.

Old 09-14-2012, 12:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
05 White Pano E55, Cadillac CTS-V
I want 650 on pump gas (93) without needing to run a ton of boost and I would be happy, more (closer to 700) would be a bonus. I am confused on what the hold up is on this power info though or even selling them for that matter since they listed them for sale. I personally won't be buying one right away since I won't be home for several months to use it (working overseas) but am extremely interested in getting one when I return and I am sure others are ready to bolt it on like yesterday.

Last edited by urbamworm; 09-14-2012 at 12:43 PM.
Old 09-14-2012, 12:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Are the pulley changes done on the upper pulley (Blower) to change boost levels?

If so, I could imagine myself running around town with a basic 500WHP pulley/tune most of the time.... then on a weekend for fun, swap out the pulley for 600WHP and flash the ECU with the matching tune. For some kind of "Texas Mile" or dragstrip event, maybe have one last pulley/tune setup for race gas that could be the "all out" version with 700+WHP.

I'm fairly certain that EC offers a programmer that allows you to swap in different tunes yourself. My understanding is that the basic "tuning cable" requires them to run everything for you from their end, but with a true programmer you could be completely autonomous and change setups any time you wanted....kind of the same way Chawkins changes wheels!!! LOL!

-G
Old 09-14-2012, 12:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Eurocharged used to have one (Eurotuner). They quit using it though since they said they were having problems with the manufacturer. I was supposed to get one since they did a race gas dyno tune for me but then shortly after they said I would need to wait. They were going to be coming out with their own but I have never heard anything about it on the forum or seen it on their site so not sure what happened with that. They have one for the 6.3 engine guys but I don't think it works for us. Being able to flash between tunes for different pulleys or fuels would be awesome though.
Old 09-14-2012, 12:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by urbamworm
Eurocharged used to have one (Eurotuner). They quit using it though since they said they were having problems with the manufacturer. I was supposed to get one since they did a race gas dyno tune for me but then shortly after they said I would need to wait. They were going to be coming out with their own but I have never heard anything about it on the forum or seen it on their site so not sure what happened with that. They have one for the 6.3 engine guys but I don't think it works for us. Being able to flash between tunes for different pulleys or fuels would be awesome though.

We need EuroCharged iPhone / Android app for that!!!

I wouldn't even care if I needed to use a hardwired cable for the download.... but how cool would it be to have a list of "tunes" sitting in a simple app and just select and download the one you wanted to the car instantly.

Of course, now that I think about it I wonder if Weistec is going to be super happy about people messing around with their tune after they finish developing all this special hardware and get it running just right? Is there a chance that the Weistec ECU will be locked somehow to prevent tampering (ahem, I mean "improving").????

-G
Old 09-14-2012, 12:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Dirt Scooters
The whipple at 15psi should make 650 easy. A 2.9L whipple on a 4.6 cobra will make just over 600RWHP at 17psi and a 2.9L on a gt500 5.4L ford will make 700-720 at 17psi. We should have no problems making 700 at 15psi
Old 09-14-2012, 01:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by GregMB
We need EuroCharged iPhone / Android app for that!!!

I wouldn't even care if I needed to use a hardwired cable for the download.... but how cool would it be to have a list of "tunes" sitting in a simple app and just select and download the one you wanted to the car instantly.

Of course, now that I think about it I wonder if Weistec is going to be super happy about people messing around with their tune after they finish developing all this special hardware and get it running just right? Is there a chance that the Weistec ECU will be locked somehow to prevent tampering (ahem, I mean "improving").????

-G
Only problem with that is I have a Windows phone and plan to continue with newer ones (dropped iPhone like a bad habit and have never looked back).

As for the tunes, we don't need to mess with their tune, they can simply offer different tunes themself that have more timing in the map or different fuel table for some different boost interval.

Originally Posted by e55amgrocket
The whipple at 15psi should make 650 easy. A 2.9L whipple on a 4.6 cobra will make just over 600RWHP at 17psi and a 2.9L on a gt500 5.4L ford will make 700-720 at 17psi. We should have no problems making 700 at 15psi
Sounds good to me. 93 octane in the tank and straight putting a hurtin on people.
Old 09-14-2012, 03:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
2005 E55 AMG
eurocharged currently has the MyGenius handheld programmer which I have and works well. They are currently selling it.
Old 09-14-2012, 04:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Good to know.
Old 09-14-2012, 04:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by e55amgrocket
Yea my 03 Cobra with a stock 4.6 DOHC long block makes over 620 rwhp at 19.5 psi on a EXTREMELY conservative tune. I would love to have a 600 rwhp E55 as my daily
Old 09-14-2012, 04:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
MB
I am confused on what the hold up is on this power info though or even selling them for that matter since they listed them for sale.
One thing I've noticed is that Weistec doesn't rush anything through. Remember they're working on CARB (California Air Research Board) approval so I'm sure that's a time muncher in and of itself.

Patience grasshoppers

I have a Windows phone and plan to continue with newer ones (dropped iPhone like a bad habit and have never looked back)
Old 09-14-2012, 04:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Oh come on, they talked about a blower for us last year and then came out with one for the 63 first instead and even have axles, drive shaft, engine and transmission parts available for them and we are still waiting on the dang supercharger!!

Oh, and no I am not crazy, just someone who wasn't going to be a sheep and fall for the iPhone hype with their marketing anymore. Decided to try something new and couldn't be happier. But hey, I hear with the new iPhone 5 you can upload your pics directly from the pic to your Facebook, that was some great new feature they talked about, only problem is I did that last year with my crappy ole Samsung Windows phone lol. Good ole Apple, always behind the curve but will make you believe they are a trend setter.

Now back to the Weistec, show me the numbers!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-14-2012, 05:52 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Audi A4
Oh, and no I am not crazy, just someone who wasn't going to be a sheep and fall for the iPhone hype with their marketing anymore. Decided to try something new and couldn't be happier. But hey, I hear with the new iPhone 5 you can upload your pics directly from the pic to your Facebook, that was some great new feature they talked about, only problem is I did that last year with my crappy ole Samsung Windows phone lol. Good ole Apple, always behind the curve but will make you believe they are a trend setter.
Behind the curve?

That's a brilliant observation.
Old 09-14-2012, 07:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
MB
Oh, and no I am not crazy, just someone who wasn't going to be a sheep and fall for the iPhone hype with their marketing anymore.
Let me guess, you bought a Zune too Yep no hype there

I have a Windows phone and plan to continue with newer ones
Care to change your view of sheep?

Last edited by msheredy; 09-14-2012 at 07:30 PM.
Old 09-14-2012, 07:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts
2011 E63, 2013 CLS63
Originally Posted by msheredy

Windows phones are without a doubt the worst phones ever made and I'm sorry but the iPhone is just amazing, it's easily the best phone right now. Just simple to use, amazing UI and so many apps and it's so comfortable to use. Android is just as bad as Windows phones. I went from a HTC to an iPhone and the difference was just awe inspiring, I despised phones but the iPhone showed be a phone can actually do its damn job.

Last edited by e500slr; 09-14-2012 at 07:46 PM.
Old 09-14-2012, 07:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts
2011 E63, 2013 CLS63
I saved and waited just for something like this Now I can start modding What do you guys think about the 850whp claim, it would be awesome if this blower has the potential for 1000 crank HP but it sounds a little far fetched.
Old 09-14-2012, 07:55 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Originally Posted by e500slr
I saved and waited just for something like this Now I can start modding What do you guys think about the 850whp claim, it would be awesome if this blower has the potential for 1000 crank HP but it sounds a little far fetched.
You're not going to make that on a stock block. Doubt a stock Trans would hold that for very long either.
Old 09-15-2012, 12:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by msheredy

Why would I buy a zune, there is mp3 player on the phone?

Originally Posted by e500slr
Windows phones are without a doubt the worst phones ever made and I'm sorry but the iPhone is just amazing, it's easily the best phone right now. Just simple to use, amazing UI and so many apps and it's so comfortable to use. Android is just as bad as Windows phones. I went from a HTC to an iPhone and the difference was just awe inspiring, I despised phones but the iPhone showed be a phone can actually do its damn job.
You must be talking about the old WP, as in before Windows 7 which is COMPLETELY different and was not very good.
Old 09-15-2012, 06:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 E55 estate
The only thing I don't like the look of on this kit is the air intake , compared to the 63 kit they do it looks like an after thought and half baked and home made .
Old 09-15-2012, 08:08 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Brabus K8 E55 05
Originally Posted by marc.l
The only thing I don't like the look of on this kit is the air intake , compared to the 63 kit they do it looks like an after thought and half baked and home made .
+1
Old 09-15-2012, 08:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by marc.l
Agreed on the the intake, but that should be an easy fix for someone with decent fabrication skills.

I don't see why they didn't at least run the intake to the drivers side factory location?

-G
Old 09-15-2012, 08:37 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Agreed on the the intake, but that should be an easy fix for someone with decent fabrication skills.

I don't see why they didn't at least run the intake to the drivers side factory location?

-G
Because the factory intake inletand factory SC inlet are restrictive and the E55 doesn't run dual Tbs like the 63s

Last edited by blackbenzz; 09-15-2012 at 11:00 AM.
Old 09-15-2012, 09:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Maybe I'm not understanding the question.

Even with the larger Weistec 82mm throttle body option, that's only about a 3.25" cross-section for an intake tube that matches the TB opening.

Are you saying there's no way to get an intake that size through the core support area and into the grill area where the cool fresh air is?

-G
Old 09-15-2012, 09:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55 AMG

-G
Like blackbenzz says, it would be a restriction to do so.
Old 09-15-2012, 09:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55 AMG
Maybe I'm not understanding the question.

Even with the larger Weistec 82mm throttle body option, that's only about a 3.25" cross-section for an intake tube that matches the TB opening.

Are you saying there's no way to get an intake that size through the core support area and into the grill area where the cool fresh air is?

-G
I don't know if a tube that large would fit. But even if it does, a 3" pipe that is 20" long is more restrictive than a 3" pipe that's 2" long. And restriction in superchargers/turbos is worse than heat is.

With that said, I don't know if perhaps you can make enough room ( perhaps by cutting the plastic inlet that is stuck to the radiator ) and fit a 4"-4.25" pipe. That would be sick.

Last edited by GT-ER; 09-15-2012 at 09:52 AM.
Old 09-15-2012, 10:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
one car at a time
Originally Posted by GT-ER
I don't know if a tube that large would fit. But even if it does, a 3" pipe that is 20" long is more restrictive than a 3" pipe that's 2" long. And restriction in superchargers/turbos is worse than heat is.

With that said, I don't know if perhaps you can make enough room ( perhaps by cutting the plastic inlet that is stuck to the radiator ) and fit a 4"-4.25" pipe. That would be sick.
Sorry but I respectfully disagree - getting cold air would be more beneficial than a short intake snout / design. Once the hood is closed the temperature around the engine is 160* +, then you add compression heat, and then try to cool the mix to avoid detonation. Using an average ambient temperature of ~ 80* where I live, would mean increasing the cooling system requirements by another 80* (a large amount). I am guessing they just could not find an easy path to the front

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 4.69 average.

Quick Reply: Official Weistec M113K 3.0L Supercharger, PICTURES INSIDE!!!