Sponsored by:

WEISTEC: Setting the record straight

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-11-2013, 05:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 195 Likes on 160 Posts
SL55, S500
Has Weistec drafted a formal reply to AJM yet on his 2nd request?
Old 02-11-2013, 05:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
AMG
I don't believe they did.
Old 02-11-2013, 06:00 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'05 SL65, '13 FX4 Eco
Originally Posted by kustom2k1
I'm not coming to Hulks rescue, he can take care of himself. I clearly see and point out where the thread took a detour and headed right off a cliff. You and Hulk have personal issues, I made a conscious decision long ago not to acknowledge your posts. You bring up OEtuning and attempt to portray them in a bad light whenever you get the chance.

You saw an opening AKnight and you took it.

"Your trying to pin this on me, becuse I asked someone to elaborate?"

Dont try and deflect this and turn yourself into the victim, here is exactly what you posted...

Originally Posted by AKnight55
Care to elaborate? And who cares, it takes time to work out the bugs on new products.
Hulk says in post #615
The owner of the car will come post about it, and it's NOT bug

I copied and pasted your post here word for word, #637
"Why arent you warning people that OE Tuning has blown up a motor? As a man you should probably start warning people then"

We have 22 posts by other members including Hulk and no issues what so ever, its the above post that you made where it all goes down hill. You create attacks, stir the schit as some would say, then act innocent of acting like an ***.

What your saying is any Weistec customer that has an issue needs to stay silent and set up a command and control center to stop people from speculating as to why something happened. Is that what your saying? Its not a crime to speculate and you cant stop people from speculating, unless of course your some kind of fascist.

If attacking OEtuning is the best you can do when you do not agree with Hulks views, your better off just keeping your mouth shut, instead you just expose who you really are. You just say things for the sake of being involved.
A member noticed a connection between a new product made by XXXX company and a blown motor and wanted to warn everyone. Another member advised him to also warn people about YYYY company because they have also had links to blown motors. I guess I'm not following where is the issue there?
Old 02-11-2013, 06:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 102 Likes on 90 Posts
A Merc
It was about weistec not any other product or tuner
Like I said to that whole group that brought up other tuners etc
Make a new thread about that and complain there

This was about weistec and weistec alone
Old 02-11-2013, 06:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
03SL55
Jimshorts, Not sure if your being a wiseguy or if your serious, but If you cant see the difference between someone making a reference to an issue pertaining to the company being discussed and is in the headline of the thread and someone coming along involving another company that isnt the issue at hand, what can I do?

The way you portray what happened is a bit naive and innocent, AKnight's intentions were to start with Hulk.

I cant understand why I would have to make light of this fact to a forum of grown men, no less. I should be on Redtube watching some hot chick get boned, instead I'm here having to point out what should clearly be obvious.

Everyone here has the right to start their own thread and discuss any and all issues.
Old 02-11-2013, 06:21 PM

'05 SL65, '13 FX4 Eco
Originally Posted by Hulk
It was about weistec not any other product or tuner
Like I said to that whole group that brought up other tuners etc
Make a new thread about that and complain there

This was about weistec and weistec alone
I don't care who has what tune. You are jumping to conclusions too quickly.
Old 02-11-2013, 06:26 PM

'05 SL65, '13 FX4 Eco
Originally Posted by kustom2k1
Jimshorts, Not sure if your being a wiseguy or if your serious, but If you cant see the difference between someone making a reference to an issue pertaining to the company being discussed and is in the headline of the thread and someone coming along involving another company that isnt the issue at hand, what can I do?

The way you portray what happened is a bit naive and innocent, AKnight's intentions were to start with Hulk.

I cant understand why I would have to make light of this fact to a forum of grown men, no less. I should be on Redtube watching some hot chick get boned, instead I'm here having to point out what should clearly be obvious.

Everyone here has the right to start their own thread and discuss any and all issues.
Then that should have been done instead of going into a companies thread and blowing it up by claiming it was the cause of a blown motor with no true facts to back it.
Old 02-11-2013, 06:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 92 Likes on 72 Posts
2012 C63 BS & 2014 E63 Estate & 2008 CLK63 BS
Bro, do NOT say those things, i am sure you wouldnt like it said about your mom
seriously man
You dont like being made fun of do you?
Old 02-11-2013, 06:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
Originally Posted by AKnight55
You dont like being made fun of do you?
Yea, come on Hulk, what's the matter? You go around insulting people left and right, then somebody hypothetically makes fun of you, and YOU can't handle it?
Old 02-11-2013, 06:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
03SL55
Jimshorts, sorry, but there is no justification in totally derailing a discussion and turning it into a bashfest of another company because you dont agree with a poster.

I can see I'm not getting through, I will leave you with this last bit.

The thread was created by Weistec, used by forum members to discuss and gather information on Weistec products. One member finds out that someone has had an issue, attempts to alert other members that may have interest in the product in the same thread, where most visits for updates and he is somehow wrong.

Fault him for being a bit eager as to why the failure happened, but chastising a member for bringing what may be a very costly mistake to the attention of fellow forum members should not be punished.

I've gone way beyond my .02. I wish the sheep a very pleasant evening.
Old 02-11-2013, 06:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
1967 Pro Touring turbo LSX Camaro
For the record, that was my goofy way of making an example about legal practices, not making fun of either party

Originally Posted by 03'55AMG
Yea, come on Hulk, what's the matter? You go around insulting people left and right, then somebody hypothetically makes fun of you, and YOU can't handle it?
Old 02-11-2013, 08:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Dirt Scooters
Lol but it was pretty damn funny.
Old 02-11-2013, 08:10 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
MB
Originally Posted by Sir-Boost-a-Lot
For the record, that was my goofy way of making an example about legal practices, not making fun of either party
What ever your reasons were it was fitting as he needs to learn to take it if he's going to dish it out (calling other members pig boy).
Old 02-11-2013, 08:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts
1000Hp Diesel Trucks, 2019 E63s
Well you have my permission to use me for all of your examples as long as they're as funny as that one
Old 02-11-2013, 08:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
you to Hate
This whole thread is funny. No one is actually helping the op. All this garbage here has just cause alot of tension and that's no good. He should be getting help from the community and the vendor. Instead all this bullsh*t has taken all chances of any help.

Who gives a flyin fawk who tuned it! Its apparent that the motor had a weak point and with more power it finally let go. The focus now should be "how to get ajm back up and running stronger". Atleast that way the rest of us can be aware of the possibilities when upgrading our blowers.

AJM, I feel for you and I hope everything works out for you! Good luck my friend!
Old 02-11-2013, 08:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Dirt Scooters
Originally Posted by RedBullJnky
This whole thread is funny. No one is actually helping the op. All this garbage here has just cause alot of tension and that's no good. He should be getting help from the community and the vendor. Instead all this bullsh*t has taken all chances of any help.

Who gives a flyin fawk who tuned it! Its apparent that the motor had a weak point and with more power it finally let go. The focus now should be "how to get ajm back up and running stronger". Atleast that way the rest of us can be aware of the possibilities when upgrading our blowers.

AJM, I feel for you and I hope everything works out for you! Good luck my friend!
Well said RBJ
Old 02-11-2013, 08:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A Merc
I can take it but talking about someone's mom is horrible in that way and ppl are after me because I called him PIGBOY lol ya that's funny
Means you don't respect your mom but whatever back to weistec
Old 02-11-2013, 08:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
I know, all in good humor though. Make that, GREAT humor
Originally Posted by PACougar
Well you have my permission to use me for all of your examples as long as they're as funny as that one
+1!
I can take it but talking about someone's mom is horrible in that way and ppl are after me because I called him PIGBOY lol ya that's funny
Means you don't respect your mom but whatever back to weistec
Last time I checked, making an example of something didn't mean you didn't respect it. And it's funny, that now your getting all the attention, you want to get back to Weistec, instead of the other crap!
Old 02-11-2013, 09:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A Merc
I always wanted it on weistec
Not other tuners or anything else but go continue with this lol
Old 02-12-2013, 11:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
none
Hey ROck,
Can I get Cliff Notes please?
Its a lot to absorb in this thread
Old 02-12-2013, 11:20 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
2006 E55 AMG
Thanks to all the members offering support in some way or another.

RBJ, shot brotha - appreciate the sentiments and thanks trying to get the thread back on track. I lurk on the forum quite a bit but don't post much out of fear of embarrassing myself. From all the reading I've done, I note that it's almost inevitable when a thread gathers momentum (such as this one) that it will get derailed before long in furtherance of the noble objective of ventilating personality clashes. Sometimes entertaining, more often frustrating.
Old 02-12-2013, 11:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 374 Likes on 275 Posts
2005 E55
200 iats on boost and you are surprised the engine went? why did the shop give the car back with temps like that?is there another blown e55 with this kit on the streets that is not related to the company with any iats logs?

At least the stock car can kill the blower and it does right around 190 and goes pig pig pig rich like low 9s af and pulls timing like mad

This is sold as a kit and one would think that all he has to do is get it installed and all the little things have been tweaked out and worked. If someone drops this kind of money they(I)would ecpect the thing to run perfect and would not need to know a single thing about cars and just go off and enjoy the car and drive it hard without needing to think if the timing fueling and temps are ok.It almost seems as this poor guy was there first beta tester and is using him as a guinea pig.

The buyer should not have to worry if the right size injectors are used and if the tune is dumping enough fuel at those temps with the boost its making etc.I mean cars will hit 200 temps,heck my car in the summer with the 180 will do it after 3 hard pulls and if Im in the staging lines heatsoaked to death my starting aits are like 130 and guess what? in the real world cars will hit that temp and the buyer should not have to worry about blowing there car if the kit is well tested and proved stable and safe.

Last edited by skratch77; 02-12-2013 at 11:38 AM.
Old 02-12-2013, 11:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 202 Likes on 155 Posts
2014 E63s amg 4matic, 2009 C63, 2006 E55 AMG , 2001.5 AUDI S4 stg 3+ w/meth
Originally Posted by skratch77
200 iats on boost .... why did the shop give the car back with temps like that?
this is what i have been wondering since the beginning of the thread

same concept with a pulley... if shop installs a pulley and sees it is wobbling, do they return the car to the customer and let the pulley fall off and then blame the pulley, or does the shop not give the car back until they either get the pulley on right or find out whats wrong.... if my shop handed me back my car knowing my pulley was wobbling then i would be blaming the shop, not the pulley

Last edited by gaspam; 02-12-2013 at 11:55 AM.
Old 02-12-2013, 11:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A Merc
200 iats on boost and you are surprised the engine went? why did the shop give the car back with temps like that?is there another blown e55 with this kit on the streets that is not related to the company with any iats logs?

At least the stock car can kill the blower and it does right around 190 and goes pig pig pig rich like low 9s af and pulls timing like mad

This is sold as a kit and one would think that all he has to do is get it installed and all the little things have been tweaked out and worked. If someone drops this kind of money they(I)would ecpect the thing to run perfect and would not need to know a single thing about cars and just go off and enjoy the car and drive it hard without needing to think if the timing fueling and temps are ok.It almost seems as this poor guy was there first beta tester and is using him as a guinea pig.

The buyer should not have to worry if the right size injectors are used and if the tune is dumping enough fuel at those temps with the boost its making etc.I mean cars will hit 200 temps,heck my car in the summer with the 180 will do it after 3 hard pulls and if Im in the staging lines heatsoaked to death my starting aits are like 130 and guess what? in the real world cars will hit that temp and the buyer should not have to worry about blowing there car if the kit is well tested and proved stable and safe.
+ 100000000
Old 02-12-2013, 01:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C63

I do not exactly think that its sold as a simple bolt on kit. I would assume this if the car was in stock form etc but a lot of people who own cars are second and third owners and I am sure a competent shop needs to check that the car is in OEM spec. For all you know the car has a stock DME running a piggy back telling the car to do other things like add more timing or ignore failsafe signals etc and no one is even aware because it was fitted two owners ago.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: WEISTEC: Setting the record straight