C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe
View Poll Results: Aftermarket Wheel Thread
W203
0%
CL203
0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

W203/CL203 Aftermarket Wheel Thread - All you want to know

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 16 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 02-21-2009, 10:01 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
Originally Posted by bhr4ce1
OK, here we go...one last time.

1. The DCR wheels were defective. That in itself is not the fault of TWS...however, they SHOULD have tested them for leaks before they sent me on my way.

2. whichever TWS employee that did the actual mounting of the tires onto the wheels switched out the brand new OEM BMW TPM sensors that they told me to buy, and put in some aftermarket sensors.

3. When they supposedly fixed the wheels the first time (the day after I got them), they wanted to charge me for new barrels saying that the best way to repair and re-seal the wheel was to get new barrels because the chroming on the first barrel was not done very well. I refused to pay for new barrels on brand new wheels when obviously DCR should have covered that. They said they would fix them without changing the barrels.

4. When they fixed the wheels the second time, they offered to sell me new barrels at THEIR cost which still seemed lame to me since the wheels were not very old (a few weeks), but I gave in because I wanted this whole mess to be over.

5. They damaged the rims with whatever machine they used to change the barrels. Unless TWS sent them somewhere else to be re-barreled...nobody but TWS ever touched my wheels or tires. When I informed them of the damage, they told me that they weren't responsible for it because I didn't tell them about it before I drove off; yet they installed the rims on my car in the dark, in the parking lot behind their shop. When they told me I was "all set" and I got in the car to drive home, it was pitch black outside. How would I have seen the damage?

Perhaps that is why it mysteriously took so long for them to finish putting them back on the car. Maybe they realized that the wheels got damaged and they wanted me to not have the benefit of daylight when I looked at the wheels? Who knows??? To be honest...at this point, I wouldn't put ANYTHING past them!
you don't use machines to take apart multi-piece wheels. It's all done by hand. each rivets are all torqued by hand as well to spec as I've seen them done at TWS many times on customer's HREs, OZ, BBS, etc. the spoke damage could've been done at any place you take the car to for car washes or if anyone make any attempt to try and jack your wheels. IMHO it's your own fault for not inspecting the job each and every time.

now this is where I'm confused. you said that the shop you trust never touched the wheels or remove them, BUT they are able to tell you the TPMS are not new? which is something that you can't even see unless you take the tires off due to the designs of 3-piece wheels. unlike oem wheels which you can have access to the sensor by just holding down the tires, on these 3-piece wheels the tires must come off for taking off the sensor. OR did you ended up getting the right size tires from your trusted shop? (as I did not read that in your post)

few facts: 1. BMW speedo is known to be 5-6% faster than the actual speed. 2. the tire size you got vs the correct tire size diameter difference in percentage is about 2mph when you are going at 60mph. The cause for concern on odo and mph is very little.

btw, if you don't mind I'd love to see the damage on the spoke you are talking about. thanks
Old 02-22-2009, 12:02 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BMW
Originally Posted by FrankW
you don't use machines to take apart multi-piece wheels. It's all done by hand.

How about the part where you remove the tire from the wheel? That must be a really strong guy!
Old 02-22-2009, 12:03 AM
Almost a Member!

BMW
each rivets are all torqued by hand
AH!!!!! That explains why half of them either fell out, or were lose! Thanks for clarifying!
Old 02-22-2009, 12:06 AM
Almost a Member!

BMW
the spoke damage could've been done at any place you take the car to for car washes or if anyone make any attempt to try and jack your wheels. IMHO it's your own fault for not inspecting the job each and every time.
Good try, but this car doesn't go to car washes, it is only washed by hand; by me. I rarely parked it anywhere but my garage, and when I did...it was never parked anywhere that where it would be tampered with.

Sorry!
Old 02-22-2009, 12:13 AM
Almost a Member!

BMW
now this is where I'm confused. you said that the shop you trust never touched the wheels or remove them, BUT they are able to tell you the TPMS are not new? which is something that you can't even see unless you take the tires off due to the designs of 3-piece wheels.
I don't think this is the only place you are confused, but I will address your concerns.

I didn't find out about the stolen/switched TPM sensors until I brought the car to another shop MANY MONTHS after TWS damaged my wheels. I had given up on TWS, and never went back there again after they weaseled out of taking responsibility for the damages they caused.

I brought the car to a different shop that had worked on friends vehicles, and asked him to try to repair the leaking rims. When he removed the tire (you need to do that by machine before you can disassemble the wheel BY HAND) he asked me why I didn't go for the OEM BMW sensors rather than use the aftermarket brand. I told him I DID get the BMW sensors, but he showed me the sensors (still attached to the wheels) and then showed me what the BMW sensors (he had boxes of them) looked like. GEE, they even had a BMW part number on them like the ones I bought for my DCR's but somehow got "mixed up" with some used aftermarket sensors while at TWS. GOLLY GEE!
Old 02-22-2009, 12:13 AM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter

How about the part where you remove the tire from the wheel? That must be a really strong guy!
this just shows you doesn't know anything about removing tires either. The Hunter mounting machine has the arms spread out to hold the wheel in place from inside the wheel. There's nothing that clamps the spokes.

Old 02-22-2009, 12:15 AM
Almost a Member!

BMW
few facts: 1. BMW speedo is known to be 5-6% faster than the actual speed. 2. the tire size you got vs the correct tire size diameter difference in percentage is about 2mph when you are going at 60mph. The cause for concern on odo and mph is very little.
OH, thank you.

So the fact that YOU feel that MY odometer and speedometer being "off" is only a "little" thing to be concerned about excuses TWS from selling and installing the wrong size tires on my car?

I think you should quit while you are only a little behind!
Old 02-22-2009, 12:19 AM
Almost a Member!

BMW
this just shows you doesn't know anything about removing tires either.
Are you for real???

Guess what...I "doesn't" supposed to know anything about how tire machines work. I am just supposed to NOT have my wheels damaged by incompetent people that probably shouldn't be working on wheels in the first place.

It sure sounds like you must either work at this place, or have some vested interest in it.
Old 02-22-2009, 12:42 AM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
I don't think this is the only place you are confused, but I will address your concerns.

I didn't find out about the stolen/switched TPM sensors until I brought the car to another shop MANY MONTHS after TWS damaged my wheels. I had given up on TWS, and never went back there again after they weaseled out of taking responsibility for the damages they caused.

I brought the car to a different shop that had worked on friends vehicles, and asked him to try to repair the leaking rims. When he removed the tire (you need to do that by machine before you can disassemble the wheel BY HAND) he asked me why I didn't go for the OEM BMW sensors rather than use the aftermarket brand. I told him I DID get the BMW sensors, but he showed me the sensors (still attached to the wheels) and then showed me what the BMW sensors (he had boxes of them) looked like. GEE, they even had a BMW part number on them like the ones I bought for my DCR's but somehow got "mixed up" with some used aftermarket sensors while at TWS. GOLLY GEE!

this is turning into a joke from you as you actually describe more detail. manufacturer at different times uses several OEM parts supplier. There isn't a limitation on ONE type of TPMS. My friend's 07 335 had two types of sensor that came with the car. Did you open the TPMS box after you got it from the dealership to see what they look like yourself or it is just another hearsay? another fact is after taking apart the wheels twice before your last visit any new sensor will get dirty and look old. However I must say I wouldn't be surprised if Sander did take those new sensors before he left just to leave some more ****ed up jobs for Albert and the rest to do.

read the above on the Hunter machine.

I'm sorry, but I'm done here. the more you post the more it shows that you have little knowledge about your own car or anything else regarding wheels. A lot of things you said just doesn't add up. You wash your own car by hand yet it takes your mechanic friend to tell you that there are damages on the spokes of the wheel and other shops to tell you there's loose and missing rivets.

don't tell me you never WASHED the car during the MANY MONTHS before you brought the car into another shop.

unsubscribed.
Old 02-22-2009, 12:45 AM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter

It sure sounds like you must either work at this place, or have some vested interest in it.
wanna bet your car on it that I don't? I could use a nice M6. but of course with the wheels fixed.
Old 02-22-2009, 12:48 AM
Almost a Member!

BMW

this is turning into a joke from you
Based on your EXTREMELY convoluted posts, it's hard to believe that you are even old enough to DRIVE.

I hope you and Albert are very happy together.

Old 02-22-2009, 12:56 AM
Almost a Member!

BMW
with the wheels fixed.

Well if you want them fixed right, don't go to Albert!

HEY.. WAIT A MINUTE! You unsubscribed in your previous post.

Old 02-22-2009, 05:01 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
03 W203, 13 E350, 13 W204, 14 C218
You sound like a guy with money but doesn't know anything about cars. How can u blame someone for the wrong tire size. Tire sizes are preference anyway you can get a smaller tire and stretch them if you knew anything you would know the tire size you want on your car.

Overall however just keep boo-whoo-ing I wouldn't try to fix your problem if i were TWS either by the way you are acting for all you know the other shop you took the wheel to could have took your sensors you don't know.

But go ahead and reply back im not clicking on this thread anymore because this is a waste of time. You nor TWS are Right so give it up.

YOU ARE BOTH AT FAULT AND YOU BOTH NEED TO JUST TAKE YOUR LOSSES AND MOVE ON......YOU LOSE SOME MONEY THEY LOSE A CUSTOMER. GET OVER IT. EVERY COMPANY HAS ITS ALTERCATIONS WITH CUSTOMERS AND YOU ARE ONE OF THEM. NEXT TIME GO TO AMERICAS TIRES.
Old 02-22-2009, 05:30 PM
Almost a Member!

BMW
Originally Posted by paypaboi
You sound like a guy with money but doesn't know anything about cars. How can u blame someone for the wrong tire size. Tire sizes are preference anyway you can get a smaller tire and stretch them if you knew anything you would know the tire size you want on your car.

Overall however just keep boo-whoo-ing I wouldn't try to fix your problem if i were TWS either by the way you are acting for all you know the other shop you took the wheel to could have took your sensors you don't know.

But go ahead and reply back im not clicking on this thread anymore because this is a waste of time. You nor TWS are Right so give it up.

YOU ARE BOTH AT FAULT AND YOU BOTH NEED TO JUST TAKE YOUR LOSSES AND MOVE ON......YOU LOSE SOME MONEY THEY LOSE A CUSTOMER. GET OVER IT. EVERY COMPANY HAS ITS ALTERCATIONS WITH CUSTOMERS AND YOU ARE ONE OF THEM. NEXT TIME GO TO AMERICAS TIRES.

Hey bucko...I never claimed to be a mechanic. I shouldn't have to be. I like nice cars, and have quite a few of them. It is up to the REPUTABLE shop to know what they are doing. Unfortunately I went to a NON-reputable shop. TWS took the TPM sensors, and that is a fact, so stop your whining about that.

Give it up!!!!

Last edited by bhr4ce1; 02-22-2009 at 05:33 PM.
Old 02-24-2009, 08:04 PM
Super Moderator

Received 744 Likes on 725 Posts
bone stock E55 AMG
bhr4ce1,

1) wtf r u doing on W203 forum when u drive M6?
2) if TWS really messed up ur rim, then y u never went back to TWS? normal ppl would go back and get things resolved.
3) i've been to TWS since 2004 and been happy with their service. and i'm sure not everyone will have same feedbacks. however, u h have 28 post counts of complain after complain... IMO, u r making things worse than what it seems to appear.
Old 02-24-2009, 11:39 PM
Almost a Member!

BMW
Originally Posted by MJ50
2) if TWS really messed up ur rim, then y u never went back to TWS? normal ppl would go back and get things resolved.
Well, thank God it is good to know that I am Normal, because I DID go back...several times. I guess you need to read more carefully.
Old 02-24-2009, 11:40 PM
Almost a Member!

BMW
Originally Posted by MJ50
3) i've been to TWS since 2004 and been happy with their service. and i'm sure not everyone will have same feedbacks. however, u h have 28 post counts of complain after complain... IMO, u r making things worse than what it seems to appear.
Lucky you!

Unfortunately I am NOT the only one who had problems...

https://mbworld.org/forums/sl-class-...ml#post3373299
Old 02-25-2009, 12:15 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
03 W203, 13 E350, 13 W204, 14 C218
News Flash. Nobody Cares
Old 02-25-2009, 12:56 AM

AMG GTS
Time for some new wheels!

Hey everybody, I've been reading and lurking around the classifieds a lot since I'm in the market for some new rims. Recently I went on CraigsList and found what I think is a pretty sweet deal on some ADR's (I know they're cheap, or at least I've been told so). $400 for some 18" and $500" for some 19" rims. Both gives you the option of a staggered setup too (included in price I believe). Can anybody with ADR's or who had them chime in with their quality? I've been told that I might end up sacrificing ride quality, and that the actualy "paint" on the rim would chip off whenever I bring the car in for rotation/balance? Just to give an idea of what I'm getting....it's the ADR M-Classic's in Hyper Silver. Hoping to go with a 18x8.5 (front) and 18x9.5(rear) setup.
Old 02-25-2009, 02:53 AM
Almost a Member!

BMW
Originally Posted by paypaboi
News Flash. Nobody Cares
Old 02-25-2009, 03:24 PM

S500
LOL.... I personally have been to TWS for many years now.
Never once had a problem. The only problem I have is clearing the driveway!
Old 02-26-2009, 01:59 AM

Can I make these BBS LM replica W204 wheels fit?

I have a '05 C230 SS....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/18-ME...ht_4916wt_1236

Can i Make these fit??

Thanks guys
Old 02-26-2009, 02:06 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 SLK 55 AMG
I'm not an expert... but it states clearly in the auction that it's only for the newer C classes (W204).. 2008+
But that might not mean it's impossible.

Other than the posted stats on the auction the other stats, 18x8.0 and 18x9.0 seem fine for W203's. I believe we can go up to 8.5 and 9.5 without rubbing issues? Someone with wayyyyyyy' more knowledge can clarify later for you.
I've only picked up a few things from this forum from rummaging through threads, but I think this might be a problem with the offsets of these rims?
They're 45mm Fr and 48mm Rr, so I assume that's too big?
Old 02-26-2009, 02:08 AM

C280
Sick wheels! Great find! I think these are a copy of the BBS LM.
I don't have wheels yet on my W203. I've been doing some reading and i'm almost sure these will NOT fit. The offset is different. Based on what I have read, Offset on our W203's are 32 or 35. Unless you decide to do a widebody.. I'm sure someone else will chime in.

I wish these were avail for W203. I'd buy these in a Heartbeat.

Last edited by BlackC280; 02-26-2009 at 02:10 AM.
Old 02-26-2009, 02:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
03 c320 coupe
search the web you will find same style wheels with w203 offset

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 16 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: W203/CL203 Aftermarket Wheel Thread - All you want to know