What does Andy @ MPH really know or do?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-12-2009, 12:17 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2004 E55
Originally Posted by mthis
so what u saying is that (my car STOCK made 375rwhp SAE and with MHP tune made 421rwhp SAE.) the gain of 46rwhp SAE is b.s and just fake hp? make this clear i just got home from 13 hours of working?
If it's an Inertia dyno yes it's very easy to see that. If it's a true Load dyno then adding throttle and timing down low won't show you false HP.
Old 02-12-2009, 12:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
'14 ML BT
Originally Posted by qship5
As stated in my earlier post, MHP's tunes make power and from what I can tell their customers are satified with what they have purchased.
Maybe they're not all happy:
MHP horror story
Old 02-12-2009, 12:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
e550 4m
by inertia dyno you mean dynolicious in my iphone ?
Old 02-12-2009, 12:27 AM
Banned

2004 E55
Originally Posted by stefario
by inertia dyno you mean dynolicious in my iphone ?
That too, it should be renamed "Dynoridiculous"

Do this, do two runs back to back. One hitting it right off idle that's going to be HUGE HP, Now on the second run ease the throttle in for the first 4000 rpm's and be be WOT at 4K and hold that to redline. See how low the HP is?

Yeah Inertia dynos are great to sell products but hell to tune with

Last edited by E55Pilot; 02-12-2009 at 12:30 AM.
Old 02-12-2009, 12:41 AM

e550 4m
i just read the horror story annnnnnnnnnnnnd jesus help him is all i have to say.

I believe a mustang dyno is not inertia but dynojet is ... correct?
Old 02-12-2009, 12:49 AM
Banned

2004 E55
Originally Posted by stefario
i just read the horror story annnnnnnnnnnnnd jesus help him is all i have to say.

I believe a mustang dyno is not inertia but dynojet is ... correct?
Correct and the mustang can be put in Dynojet mode which reads 13% higher.

MAHA and Mustang are the two dynos you want to use. You want to avoid Dynojets and all other inertia dynos.

Easy way to figure out if it's an inertia dyno. If the dyno run takes 2 seconds or less then it's an inertia dyno. If it takes longer (much longer) it's a load bearing dyno
Old 02-12-2009, 10:43 AM

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
12C P85DL
someone suggested I post this here....
https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...rspective.html
Old 02-12-2009, 11:20 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
Originally Posted by Benz-O-Rama
I know I don't have a dog in this race, but this is probably the single most informative and level headed post. I don't agree with my highlighted portion, however. I think that this should be played out in a public arena, sans the insults.

I fully agree with your comment towards jrcart. Jim has earned a reputation, by some, as one of the most dedicated modifier of MB's in the country and I'm sure many people on this board are using his modifications, and history with tuners, as a blueprint for their own projects. He was a huge cheerleader for MHP and for him to post that he's dumping the MHP tune and that he has much more information about the entire situation than most people, and not at least give a partial explanation is completely irresponsible, IMO.

Not attacking you Jim, as I know you can be a bit sensitive at times. I just think that since you've posted in this thread numerous times about having so much information that you should share it. Obviously, that information is enough for you to eat the monetary investment and go back to Powerchip. Is the tune not safe? Does it have the possibility of grenadeing someone's engine or tranny?

I think if you're going to cheerlead when you believed that MHP tunes were good, you should also be willing to share your experience when you think their tunes are not so good.

That's it. Have a good night.
Connect the dots, bro. Who tuned your car? Where is that skill set now?

Jim got in deeper than members realize without knowing it. The truth has been coming for a few months. Just relax.
Old 02-12-2009, 11:26 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by jrcart
Trust me, there are only one or two people posting on this thread that have the inside knowledge that I hav on this entire issue...and it is much bigger than any of you can even imagine.
Hehe, I'd say it is about 5 in this thread.

I never understood why the clients take on a "mums the word" approach when they are the true victims.
Old 02-12-2009, 11:42 AM

M5, C63, 335Ci
Originally Posted by DFW01E55
Maybe they're not all happy:
MHP horror story
The video certainly shows some issues. Sorry to see something like this.
Old 02-12-2009, 11:46 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by indyjoe
Brad, don't you think this whole thing smells pretty fishy? As you know, I've never liked Andy, and never believed the hype, but it was so coincindental that right after Jim's Cali trip he decides to do a complete 180 on Andy and MHP. I mean, I came up with the Evosport getting ahold of MHP's tune before Andy even mentioned it.

I have a lot of respect for Evo, and have been a huge detractor of MHP, but this just seems really shady. I hope you can understand that.
Fishy, indeed. Keep in mind that Jcart had a Powerchip tune before MHP ever got access to the car.

Speaking of coincidences, how about this.....why is it that EVERY MHP tune that was done on a car with a previous tune show unchanged numbers? It happenned with EVERY tuner.
Old 02-12-2009, 11:56 AM
Super Moderator

Received 752 Likes on 733 Posts
bone stock E55 AMG
MHP's everywhere...
Old 02-12-2009, 12:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS63
I ask again.. WHO THE FK IS TIMMMM.....
Well, We know he can cut and past
We know he has not shown us any respect. (are we all stupid tim?)
We know he is still posting against the rules( bashing, hear say, lying)
We know he has friends behind closed doors
We know the only thing he can prove is that he knows where the "A" is on the keyboard..
I could go on for hours like this.. Bottom line is, there are issuse with a few tunners here with the same things going on with thier upgrades..
(some people not happy) I know thier are a few tunners here that owe lots of $$$ to thier clients and have yet to pay up.. I know they have yet to prove, make , or even respect a lot of us here.
I know for a fact, DO NOT ASK WHO, they know who they are.
There are many MANY FORUM MEMBERS THAT HAVE NEVER SPILLED THE BEANS ABOUT A FEW OF THE TUNNERS HERE. Guys lets not forget about casting the first stone..
One last word, I, as many here have had our ECU's looked at without our OK. The same company's name came up every time I told my story.. Again DO NOT ASK ME,(I WILL NOT STOOP TO TIM'S LEVEL) but you that had your tune stolen, hacked, or had your ECU's looked at by "you know who" maybe it's time to spill the beans This can of B.S has TIM's name on it. Just remember that.. NOW WHO wants to RACE
I WILL PUT ANDY'S TUNE IN MY CAR AND DO THE DYNO'S, Any other tunner that wants to FLASH my ECU for free(as MHP has ofered) to compare you tune with to the MHP please feel free to post up.. You all know I am NO B.S I try it all and ONCE, ok ok maybe twice. NOW LETS DO THIS

Last edited by rarfinancial; 02-12-2009 at 12:34 PM.
Old 02-12-2009, 12:36 PM

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts
2021 E63 S Sedan
Originally Posted by rarfinancial
We know the only thing he can prove is that he knows where the "A" is on the keyboard..
I could go on for hours like this.. Bottom line is, there are issuse with a few tunners here with the same things going on with thier upgrades..
(some people not happy) I know thier are a few tunners here that owe lots of $$$ to thier clients and have yet to pay up.. I know they have yet to prove, make , or even respect a lot of us here.
There are many MANY FORUM MEMBERS THAT HAVE NEVER SPILLED THE BEANS ABOUT A FEW OF THE TUNNERS HERE. Guys lets not forget about casting the first stone..
One last word, I, as many here have had our ECU's looked at without our OK. The same company's name came up every time I told my story.. Again DO NOT ASK ME,(I WILL NOT STOOP TO TIM'S LEVEL) but you that had your tune stolen, hacked, or had your ECU's looked at by "you know who" maybe it's time to spill the beans This can of B.S has TIM's name on it. Just remember that.. NOW WHO wants to RACE
I WILL PUT ANDY'S TUNE IN MY CAR AND DO THE DYNO'S, Any other tunner that wants to FLASH my ECU for free(as MHP has ofered) to compare you tune with to the MHP please feel free to post up.. You all know I am NO B.S I try it all and ONCE, ok ok maybe twice. NOW LETS DO THIS

Uninformed or not keeping up with all the posts?
Old 02-12-2009, 06:18 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
S600TT, R350
Rick,

Tim is well known engineer in tuning community. He does a lot of freelance work for different companies. He is in top 5 of engineers with knowledge on how to reverse-engineer and modify factory code.
Old 02-12-2009, 07:07 PM
Zod
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
CLS55 2006, CLS 63S 2015
Originally Posted by rarfinancial
Hmm I once recall you talked about business ethics and conduct and how to run a business?

Do you believe from reading all the bad stories, including marko, jackpro, Jcart, JTC, 1 E63 , the E55 at the last race event. That all got the tunes are lying and the tune just did not take?

Also the fact how MHP behaves in posts can be considered professional?

You are sounding allot like the old cheer leading team for MHP. If you want their product then fine, but you also have to understand their side also & their grief

You are attacking Tim, why?
What does he have to do with u?
Did you actually do the search on him? Never mind top 5 engineers is enough for me ( as stated by Vadim)

Now you could do something useful and state you bad findings of tuners as you claim. With facts obviously, this is to help other people from making the same mistake.

I would just like to thank the people that came forward with this and Tim especially, whether he has something to gain from this or not, posting this info is enough

Last edited by Zod; 02-12-2009 at 07:35 PM.
Old 02-12-2009, 08:47 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

C55,SL55,C63
Originally Posted by Vadim @ VRP
Rick,

Tim is well known engineer in tuning community. He does a lot of freelance work for different companies. He is in top 5 of engineers with knowledge on how to reverse-engineer and modify factory code.
+1
I have also heard this from a very credible outside source. I was told that Tim knows his stuff.
Old 02-12-2009, 10:16 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 C63 AMG Black on Black PP Package CF fully loaded
Hey Jim,
I'm glad you've gotten past this mess, Not only did it cost you a lot of time but also a lot of money, I'm really sorry for what happened. I can now say I was the one to get Tim involved or shall I say made him aware of what was being said and done about ECU/TCU tunes for MB C63's through forum emails... At that time I was just looking into the best tunes available for $ and was asking around at which point I was put into contact with Tim. It was at that time I was almost sold by Andy but I kept the questioning up on how he was getting to the TCU through ECU??? Long story short, all of these guys know each other Farley well, also people in the business of tunes know who the best are. There is No doubt in my mind that Tim is one of the best (if Not the Best) this is from what I've heard and been advised by friends/ professionals. I've did try telling people on this forum what a stand up guy Tim is based on his credentials. For Tim to just come out and out of No where shoot down MHP signal handlely... I mean wow! I didn't know that this was going to happen, I'm guessing something must have been brewing in the background, I really didn't know, as I did Not know Tim personally (Now I do) : > ))

Well this has been a huge learning curve for all of us including me, its my intention now to get an ECU tune but also a TCU tune while I watch! We all know that the car is a beast when tuned correctly, but I'm still driving a puppy : >(( Good luck to All!!! and safest driving...
Old 02-12-2009, 10:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
'14 ML BT
Originally Posted by MB_Forever
..... Rock has asked Andy about the situation at hand on the AbsolutelyDriven.com site, and this is Andy's Response....
May I paraphrase?

All is fine at MHP and we will crush all infidel tuners in due time.
Old 02-12-2009, 11:32 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

W211 E55
May I paraphrase?

Thanks for the good laugh.
Old 02-12-2009, 11:34 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

C55,SL55,C63
May I paraphrase?

I remember that funny interview LOL I'm still laughing, funniest post in this thread by far
Old 02-12-2009, 11:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
May I paraphrase?

LOL...... Classic
Old 02-13-2009, 12:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts
Anything W/4Wheels
Originally Posted by dlbello
Hey Jim,
I'm glad you've gotten past this mess, Not only did it cost you a lot of time but also a lot of money, I'm really sorry for what happened. I can now say I was the one to get Tim involved or shall I say made him aware of what was being said and done about ECU/TCU tunes for MB C63's through forum emails... At that time I was just looking into the best tunes available for $ and was asking around at which point I was put into contact with Tim. It was at that time I was almost sold by Andy but I kept the questioning up on how he was getting to the TCU through ECU??? Long story short, all of these guys know each other Farley well, also people in the business of tunes know who the best are. There is No doubt in my mind that Tim is one of the best (if Not the Best) this is from what I've heard and been advised by friends/ professionals. I've did try telling people on this forum what a stand up guy Tim is based on his credentials. For Tim to just come out and out of No where shoot down MHP signal handlely... I mean wow! I didn't know that this was going to happen, I'm guessing something must have been brewing in the background, I really didn't know, as I did Not know Tim personally (Now I do) : > ))

Well this has been a huge learning curve for all of us including me, its my intention now to get an ECU tune but also a TCU tune while I watch! We all know that the car is a beast when tuned correctly, but I'm still driving a puppy : >(( Good luck to All!!! and safest driving...

in my opinion i think you should get banned thats all i have to say.
Old 02-13-2009, 12:33 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

AMG
This used to be a once great MB forum that has really lost its way. Never thought I'd see the day when MBworld turned into a childs daycare center. Everybody needs to stop all this nonsense drama, it really is out of control. Mods need to take action and close the thread so we can all get back to actually talking about Mercedes performance parts instead of bickering in this wild tangent vendettas.

Old 02-13-2009, 12:42 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 C63 Capri Blue
Originally Posted by Vadim @ VRP
Rick,

For someone so super smart and talented, he has some horrible writing skills. This tends to create some doubt in my mind as to the validity of your opinion.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: What does Andy @ MPH really know or do?