Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-25-2017, 02:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 667 Likes on 514 Posts
go fast grocery getter wagon
Is the train actually moving ?

Originally Posted by TorontoE63S18
Just spoke to my dealer in Toronto and my car is on the train from Halifax and will arrive by end of this week at the dealer. I asked them to double check and they said the VIN is showing up in their internal system and are now able to track the car. They said to expect delivery by Friday.

Wait is over everyone. Seems like the car is certified and ready to roll in Canada at least. See you all at the track.

Will post some pics when I pick it up.
Old 09-25-2017, 02:56 PM

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts
2018 E63S, 2011 Porsche Cayenne Turbo
I really hope so.

From what the dealer said it takes about 2 days on train and another one to get it to the dealership. They told me I can come on Friday to physically see the car and on Monday they will compete the PDI and tinting. It will be ready for Tuesday delivery.

Like everyone else I have been waiting for months so really hoping I can actually get in a track day or 2 before the winters go on.
Old 09-25-2017, 04:51 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 S 2014
I hate to ask this but would sharing your vin# with us an option? I would like to prove to my dealer that a car is already on a train. Please.

thanks
Old 09-25-2017, 06:20 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E63S 2018, RCF 2015
E63S Still not out for delivery

Hey guys

just want to update my current situation with my dealer. I spoke to my dealer in Toronto and he told me the cars are being moved from Halifax to Concord, Ontario due to there not being enough space to store them. As of now, they are still not out for delivery and instead are just going to sit more in a different location. Sorry to bring the bad news.

Also get this.... the cars will be sitting outside without any protection.
Old 09-25-2017, 06:28 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
GL63
Thanks for for giving us the real reason why these cars are being moved. This was like before when the 3 cars were being moved from track back to be reprogrammed or whatever and everybody thought deliveries were starting.

Originally Posted by TooSlowE63S
Hey guys

just want to update my current situation with my dealer. I spoke to my dealer in Toronto and he told me the cars are being moved from Halifax to Concord, Ontario due to there not being enough space to store them. As of now, they are still not out for delivery and instead are just going to sit more in a different location. Sorry to bring the bad news.

Old 09-25-2017, 06:56 PM

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts
2018 E63S, 2011 Porsche Cayenne Turbo
Can I ask what dealer? I am with a corporate store which effectively is owned by Mercedes Benz Canada. I would imagine they have the correct info. The holding area in Halifax is a government holding facility. I could not imagine them moving the vehicle unless they have passed certification. I could be wrong but something does not make sense. The Concord holding facility is owned by Mercedes Canada from my understanding.

Look just hoping I am right and just trying to be an optimist. That said who the hell knows. The only thing I know with 100% certainty is that we have all been waiting way way to long.

Hey guys

Old 09-25-2017, 07:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

So many variations to this saga
Old 09-25-2017, 08:00 PM

E63S 2018, RCF 2015
E63 Delivery

Originally Posted by TorontoE63S18
Can I ask what dealer? I am with a corporate store which effectively is owned by Mercedes Benz Canada. I would imagine they have the correct info. The holding area in Halifax is a government holding facility. I could not imagine them moving the vehicle unless they have passed certification. I could be wrong but something does not make sense. The Concord holding facility is owned by Mercedes Canada from my understanding.

Look just hoping I am right and just trying to be an optimist. That said who the hell knows. The only thing I know with 100% certainty is that we have all been waiting way way to long.
My dealer works for the Brampton Mercedes Benz, unfortunately, I cannot release his name just out of respect. That's actually very interesting information. If that is the case maybe they are just not telling me something. Someone did mention that at this point its just a software rewiring that has to be done. Therefore, the move out of a government location might be smart?

Moreover, apparently the cars will be left outside and people can look through the fence and see them when they are delivered there. Not sure to how true that is.
Old 09-25-2017, 09:36 PM

Received 239 Likes on 175 Posts
2019 E63s
Brampton

isn’t a factory store. The only factory stores are Midtown, Downtown, Markham, Thornhill and Etobicoke and Mississauga.
Old 09-25-2017, 11:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 653 Likes on 511 Posts
2018 S560 and 2019 E450 Wagon.
Wow, crazy, dunno what to believe now. My car was produced Sept 12, I'm hoping the car was made with the proper software and hardware so it's loaded on the boat and taken off and goes straight to the dealer in USA as it should be. Too much of delay and I'm out. Bobblehead, any word on your car? I think yours was made Sept 12 too. I wish they'd take a picture of the car after it was made and provide a listing of the options and prices, for all I know my car was made without certain options I ordered due to lack of availability, would not surprise me. I don't blame anyone for backing out if their car had sat months outside at a terminal, I would too. Dealer cannot seem to give me any conclusive information, they don't know when it will even be loaded on the boat and hit the water for the trip over to the USA. For all I know without having a picture of the cars interior and exterior the car has the wrong colors.

Last edited by 2012 merc amg; 09-25-2017 at 11:49 PM.
Old 09-26-2017, 08:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mine and yours would be made on the same week for sure. My SA is actually pretty lazy in finding out information for me. He only told me (way back when) that I should see the car by last week of October for delivery (that's assuming we are living in a perfect world. LOL.) He did give me the VIN # though two weeks ago. I will email him again to see if there is any update.

Originally Posted by 2012 merc amg
Wow, crazy, dunno what to believe now. My car was produced Sept 12, I'm hoping the car was made with the proper software and hardware so it's loaded on the boat and taken off and goes straight to the dealer in USA as it should be. Too much of delay and I'm out. Bobblehead, any word on your car? I think yours was made Sept 12 too. I wish they'd take a picture of the car after it was made and provide a listing of the options and prices, for all I know my car was made without certain options I ordered due to lack of availability, would not surprise me. I don't blame anyone for backing out if their car had sat months outside at a terminal, I would too. Dealer cannot seem to give me any conclusive information, they don't know when it will even be loaded on the boat and hit the water for the trip over to the USA. For all I know without having a picture of the cars interior and exterior the car has the wrong colors.
Old 09-26-2017, 09:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Thanks bobble head. Let me know what he says. My SA does not dare to give me a date. I just wish things were documented better during the timeline of the process of ordering a new Benz.
Old 09-26-2017, 10:11 AM

E63S 2018, RCF 2015
What does that change?

Originally Posted by orenlasko
isn’t a factory store. The only factory stores are Midtown, Downtown, Markham, Thornhill and Etobicoke and Mississauga.
What does this have to do with the delivery dates? it doesn't change the fact that the cars won't be delivered this week, no?

I just hope we can all get our cars soon. This is getting to the point of ridiculous and they are not giving out any information either on its status which I think is kind of absurd.
Old 09-26-2017, 10:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Just got an update from my SA (Canada). My car should be finishing production this week (so yours would likely be the same or just done now). Then it will wait for shipping logistic booking within the next 2 weeks and then I should get a tracking info. then. It will look like last week of October delivery does not look too good right now. It would be more like mid November delivery at best based on what I am seeing.

Thanks bobble head. Let me know what he says. My SA does not dare to give me a date. I just wish things were documented better during the timeline of the process of ordering a new Benz.
Old 09-26-2017, 11:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by bobblehead
Just got an update from my SA (Canada). My car should be finishing production this week (so yours would likely be the same or just done now). Then it will wait for shipping logistic booking within the next 2 weeks and then I should get a tracking info. then. It will look like last week of October delivery does not look too good right now. It would be more like mid November delivery at best based on what I am seeing.

Thanks Bobblehead, thats kind of what I figured. I'll drive my 2015 S550 to Florida Oct 20 like I planned and then fly back hopefully just before Thanksgiving up to up in New England and then Drive the new amg back to Florida.
I kinda figured there was no way it was gonna happen late October, I'm just hopeful that the car is ready to picked up by Thanksgiving as I'd like to spend Thanksgiving with some family I have up north anyhow. Is your car a Wagon? What Color? Mines a Red Wagon, I just hope they got all the options on the car. About a month and half ago I added some other options to the car, I got the S550 a few months ago and really like the soft close doors and the Air Balance package so I added those things to the AMG. I just hope they did not leave off the performance exhaust or the Premium Package 3. I must have gone over the the options paperwork 100 times to make sure I got everything right.
Old 09-27-2017, 07:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mine is a wagon too. Grey and black interior. I have only gone thru the ordering selection only twice (as the Cdn ordering guide tends to package everything, so either you take it or leave it).

I am not sure why the car is only finishing production this week as I was told the production started early Sept and I guess there must be some sort of delay during the process, hence the production should be finishing this week.

Thanks Bobblehead, thats kind of what I figured. I'll drive my 2015 S550 to Florida Oct 20 like I planned and then fly back hopefully just before Thanksgiving up to up in New England and then Drive the new amg back to Florida.
I kinda figured there was no way it was gonna happen late October, I'm just hopeful that the car is ready to picked up by Thanksgiving as I'd like to spend Thanksgiving with some family I have up north anyhow. Is your car a Wagon? What Color? Mines a Red Wagon, I just hope they got all the options on the car. About a month and half ago I added some other options to the car, I got the S550 a few months ago and really like the soft close doors and the Air Balance package so I added those things to the AMG. I just hope they did not leave off the performance exhaust or the Premium Package 3. I must have gone over the the options paperwork 100 times to make sure I got everything right.
Old 09-28-2017, 04:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2018 E63S
Unhappy Another Delay Confirmed Today (looks like October)

Hi folks,
I have been reading these forums for the past few months now to get some clarity on my 2018 E63S that I placed a deposit on in mid April with a corporate store (ie. not an independent dealership) in TO.
I have been given delivery expectations for each month ... May, June, July, August, September & now October.
As of today, the dates have been stretched again ... til October (possibly late in the month) due to another software upgrade that needs to be completed at the MB Recoditioning Center in Concord Ontario.
The GM at the store in question is offering all GTC, GTR & E63S buyers a 4 year/80,00KM service/maintenance package to help ease tensions with buyers.
I have flirted with dropping this car in favor of an M5 since August & I am now about to pull the rip cord on this deal as the car will have sat for 6 months before it gets to me & will be at full retail (ie. "this is the price if you wanna drive it").
Depreciation on last years model of the E63S was roughly 25% meaning this car is already depreciated 12.5% ... without appropriate consideration on price then this car deal looks bad.
... Guess I should have planned to keep the old E350 til next year and got the SL roadster for garage #3 this past spring (at least I would have had something new to enjoy during the summer).
Instead, given the initial 6-8 week estimate for delivery, I chose to be responsible & look how things have turned out ... all wrong.
Perhaps the other dealership (that was trying to convince me on their E43 all through spring & summer) were right in late July when that GM told me (subsequent to a national sales call) that this E63S would be a CNY car (ie. Christmas or New Years).
Anyway, I feel like I've had my therapy session ... peace out & I hope that I am all wrong.
Old 09-28-2017, 07:34 PM

E63S 2018, RCF 2015
Good news - deliver date has been set

Just wanted to give you guys an update. My dealer messaged me today and told me the cars will be delivered in October 100%. He said it will most likely be the last few weeks of October tho...

Thankfully I know when my car is coming in now. Very unfortunately that it had to be delayed for this long.
Old 09-28-2017, 08:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Should request for some kind of compensation and point out they should replace most fluids (esp gas) if the car has been sat for 3months or longer.

Just wanted to give you guys an update. My dealer messaged me today and told me the cars will be delivered in October 100%. He said it will most likely be the last few weeks of October tho...

Thankfully I know when my car is coming in now. Very unfortunately that it had to be delayed for this long.
Old 09-29-2017, 10:17 AM

2014 Audi S6 / 2017 911 Targa 4 GTS
FYI, about two weeks ago I saw an E63S in the matte black color driving on the road in Los Altos, California (SF Bay Area). I think matte black implies it was an Edition 1, no? Some people are getting their cars....
Old 09-29-2017, 11:43 AM

E63S 2018, RCF 2015
e43?

Originally Posted by 2001_S15
FYI, about two weeks ago I saw an E63S in the matte black color driving on the road in Los Altos, California (SF Bay Area). I think matte black implies it was an Edition 1, no? Some people are getting their cars....
Could be an E43. do you have pictures of it?
Old 09-29-2017, 12:45 PM
Administrator

Received 795 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
Could be an E43. do you have pictures of it?
This was spotted a week or so ago on the 405 fwy (def a 63)- I think it had distributor plates though as the cars are not released yet. This was posted on a private lounge:

Attached Thumbnails Customer E63 Deliveries - Update please-9-29-2017-9-42-48-am.png  
Old 09-29-2017, 02:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
F150 2015
October delivery

My dealer (outside Philly) emailed me this morning. First two weeks of October....from Mercedes. Coming down the home stretch.
Old 09-29-2017, 03:06 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2018 E63 S Designo Diamond White
I just received an email from my dealer (in Houston) expecting arrivals over the next 2 weeks. He received it late yesterday from MBUSA.
Old 09-29-2017, 03:55 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2013 Audi RS5
Got a call today from Mercedes Benz Laval (Canada). Cars will definitely be delivered in October. He said it could be next week it could be end of the month. He it was 100% sure. I don't know how people will take this since we have been lied to for a while now. But that's what I was told just wanted to share with the rest of you waiting. Looks like things are moving in the right direction!

Be strong friends.
The following users liked this post:
simarddominic (09-29-2017)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Customer E63 Deliveries - Update please