MY ENGINE WENT KA BOOOOOOMMM !!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-17-2010, 09:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by citylightva
To be clear he did say every other oil change...That's like 6K...
Ahh no sparky he said 3k optimally, 6k possibly
Old 03-17-2010, 09:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 A8L, 2002 996TT X50, 2009 X5
Originally Posted by Thericker
Yes, that's close anyway. He said:

Originally Posted by Tony@Eurocharged
Heavily modded cars and ran hard I would change every 3k and plugs I will change when doing the oil change or every other oil change.
Pretty straightforward recommendation; pretty hard to misinterpret.
Old 03-17-2010, 09:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2007 E63, 2005 Dodge Ram Hemi
Ah correct little boy, I did read it wrong....Meh I pull mine every 15K, but who cares....
Old 03-17-2010, 09:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'08 M5, '10 Land Cruiser
Ah correct little boy, I did read it wrong....
Little boy? You alright up top?
Old 03-17-2010, 09:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by c32AMG-DTM
Yes, that's close anyway. He said:

Pretty straightforward recommendation; pretty hard to misinterpret.
Not close bud it's spot on His quote
Originally Posted by Tony@Eurocharged
Heavily modded cars and ran hard I would change every 3k and plugs I will change when doing the oil change or every other oil change.
Note: or every other oil change, means POSSIBLY. His ideal plug interval (OPTIMALLY) reco is clearly stated w/every oil change swap plugs @ 3k
Old 03-17-2010, 09:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 E63, 2005 Dodge Ram Hemi
Originally Posted by Carl Lassiter
Little boy? You alright up top?
Only if I'm sparky... Just messin, I totally read it wrong so doh....
Old 03-17-2010, 09:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Ah correct little boy, I did read it wrong....Meh I pull mine every 15K, but who cares....
What your wire? hhehe I take back the peanutbutter slap, damned internet no intonation

Edit: The average driver does what 10-12k per yr? even @ master tuners reco "every other oil change swap sparky's too" would = (4) complete Spark Plug changes per yr, & a pocket raping (8) SP changes per yr optimally for heavily moddedThat would = changing your plugs every 1.5 months LoL

Last edited by Thericker; 03-17-2010 at 09:47 PM.
Old 03-17-2010, 09:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
Eurocharged 2004 E500, Eurocharged ECU/TCU 2005 SL600, 2010 Caddy SwaggerWagon
Any chance he was speaking, in generalities, about purpose built race cars and not necessarily about E55Ks?
Old 03-17-2010, 09:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by Benz-O-Rama
Any chance he was speaking, in generalities, about purpose built race cars and not necessarily about E55Ks?
Come on Clay, he was speaking directly about modded/heavily modded E55k...
Old 03-17-2010, 09:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Come on Clay, he was speaking directly about modded/heavily modded E55k...
Just trying to play a bit of devil's advocate, as he didn't actually mention the 55K car, or any MB in that post. But, the entire discussion is about a certain 55K car, so the connection could be made. It's just such an off-the-wall comment to make about a daily driven engine, that's why I raise the question. Now, my brother's purpose built SuperPro drag car get's new plugs every 30 passes or so.

But, you know how sometimes it's hard to get your point across with the written word. Especially when you're being attacked from all sides.
Old 03-17-2010, 10:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Just trying to play a bit of devil's advocate, as he didn't actually mention the 55K car, or any MB in that post. But, the entire discussion is about a certain 55K car, so the connection could be made. It's just such an off-the-wall comment to make about a daily driven engine, that's why I raise the question. Now, my brother's purpose built SuperPro drag car get's new plugs every 30 passes or so.

But, you know how sometimes it's hard to get your point across with the written word. Especially when you're being attacked from all sides.
Indeed, but it's pretty clear he was deliberately/calmly addressing this as proper protocol in order to maintain the modded E55k or ANY modded F/I benzo etc...
Old 03-17-2010, 10:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Just trying to play a bit of devil's advocate, as he didn't actually mention the 55K car, or any MB in that post. But, the entire discussion is about a certain 55K car, so the connection could be made. It's just such an off-the-wall comment to make about a daily driven engine, that's why I raise the question.
This thread is getting pretty huge; I can probably help - with this question anyway.

AFAIK, Tony was replying to my question (post 143) as a follow-up to some excerpts from his earlier post. While I didn't specify a 55K car, I was intending to mean AMG's... since I own one and handle most of the more straightforward servicing myself. So, basically, my question was intended to be about appropriate service intervals for a modded AMG. No mention (by anyone) about purpose-built race vehicles - so it would be illogical to assume that's how he took, and subsequently addressed, my question. My $0.02.
Old 03-17-2010, 11:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
John Deere
I have a better idea. Just leave the car in the garage full time. No plug change debate there.
Old 03-18-2010, 12:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Indeed, but it's pretty clear he was deliberately/calmly addressing this as proper protocol in order to maintain the modded E55k or ANY modded F/I benzo etc...
This thread is getting pretty huge; I can probably help - with this question anyway.

AFAIK, Tony was replying to my question (post 143) as a follow-up to some excerpts from his earlier post. While I didn't specify a 55K car, I was intending to mean AMG's... since I own one and handle most of the more straightforward servicing myself. So, basically, my question was intended to be about appropriate service intervals for a modded AMG. No mention (by anyone) about purpose-built race vehicles - so it would be illogical to assume that's how he took, and subsequently addressed, my question. My $0.02.
Fair enough. It's just that I like Tony and Jerry. Hell, I liked Wayne before they parted ways. I'm just trying to make sense of the whole thing, is all. It seems that Eurocharged was on top of the MB tuning world with umpteen satisfied customers. And all it takes is 1 or 2 people saying that "Eurocharged done blowed up my motor" to throw this place into an uproar.

Originally Posted by Mister Brenton
I have a better idea. Just leave the car in the garage full time. No plug change debate there.
Sounds like my SL600. I've driven it 4 times, to work, since New Years. Oh, that's a lie.....once to get the paint corrected, and once to get the windows tinted.
Old 03-18-2010, 08:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Fair enough. It's just that I like Tony and Jerry. Hell, I liked Wayne before they parted ways. I'm just trying to make sense of the whole thing, is all. It seems that Eurocharged was on top of the MB tuning world with umpteen satisfied customers. And all it takes is 1 or 2 people saying that "Eurocharged done blowed up my motor" to throw this place into an uproar.
Oh, I hear you, and don't disagree. I think highly of Jerry and Jake; don't know any of the other current EC guys though. I also like Cory @ KUSA, Mike @ MBH/DC, the guys at evo, Andy @ MHP (realize I'm in the MBW minority there - which is fine), the list goes on.

I was among the first dozen or so customers LET ever had (little over 2 years ago); still have LET's heat-exchanger on my car, and it has performed admirably ever since I installed it. The other hardware and software didn't work out as I'd hoped, and has since been replaced by another MBW vendor's wares. In the last 2 years, LET/EC has gone through at least 3 distinct corporate changes - most likely (and just a guess on my part), strictly an asset sale to the new co., when the old one closes. If that's the case, clients of the prior companies should understand what that means to them, from a practical standpoint (might be nothing) and a legal liability standpoint (might be significant).

Important to point out, so that others are aware, that the hw/sw I bought is not what EC is currently offering... so it shouldn't have any bearing on decisions made by others. Brings me to my next point, though, which is not EC-specific: most (if not all) smaller tuners do their R&D on the backs of their client base. This gives them useful data quickly, which they can use to further refine and revise their hardware and software. Clients should be aware that, if they're first in line for some new tune or part, it *might* not be quite ready for prime time yet. In effect, they're beta-testing it for the tuner - and usually get a discounted price for doing so.

Last edited by c32AMG-DTM; 03-18-2010 at 08:47 AM.
Old 03-18-2010, 09:36 AM

W211 E55K, Duc 848
Important to point out, so that others are aware, that the hw/sw I bought is not what EC is currently offering... so it shouldn't have any bearing on decisions made by others. Brings me to my next point, though, which is not EC-specific: most (if not all) smaller tuners do their R&D on the backs of their client base. This gives them useful data quickly, which they can use to further refine and revise their hardware and software. Clients should be aware that, if they're first in line for some new tune or part, it *might* not be quite ready for prime time yet. In effect, they're beta-testing it for the tuner - and usually get a discounted price for doing so.
Well shouldn't they at least tell their customer(s) they are more or less being a beta test for that certain hw/sw? If they did, that could have changed many customers minds probably to go a different route. Most people here want to go with something that makes power but still remains reliable.

Can't wait to see the results of the ECU tuning on Luis car. It will be getting logged as soon the new motor is dropped in, in actual driving conditions not logging it during a few dyno pulls.
Old 03-18-2010, 09:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
E-ZGO 53hp., 1999 E 430 sport, 2004 E 55, 2008 Tahoe LTZ on 24"s
For those that like train wrecks,
Déjà vu
https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/...nightmare.html
Old 03-20-2010, 12:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
2005 E55 Wagon
I too prefer posts not be deleted and do not like a fellow member's engine going down, but there sure are a lot of newbies coming out of nowhere for this thread.
Old 03-20-2010, 11:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Originally Posted by jcjmw
I too prefer posts not be deleted and do not like a fellow member's engine going down, but there sure are a lot of newbies coming out of nowhere for this thread.
+1 on deleting posts. Please do NOT delete posts....

From now on, I'm going to save all posts from controversial threads in case they are deleted in the future.
Old 03-20-2010, 11:36 AM

W211 E55K, Duc 848
Only one of his posts got quoted. I should have quoted all of them.
Old 03-20-2010, 11:58 AM

P-Carro
Originally Posted by Craigo
Only one of his posts got quoted. I should have quoted all of them.
which post got erased?
Old 03-20-2010, 02:55 PM

Mercedes-Benz AMG
Who cares how "new" someone is to a website, does it make them any less knowledgeable? Of course not. From what I've read on here this site could use a good dose of facts and a lot less misinformation. I see a lot of talkers, and a whole lot less doers. If you've never tuned a car in your life, you probably shouldn't be talking to others about what "you" think a safe A/F is. Again, erase every post in this thread and based on the pictures alone it's clear as day what caused this motor to grenade. Say what you want about customer service, but it's clear this motor was not tuned properly. I'd rather have a safe tune than have someone refund my $800 in 2 days. If it takes someone new registering and pointing this out to you, so be it, at least you know.
Old 03-20-2010, 03:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 Weistec 3.0L SC'd C55, 2006 MaxPsi PT6466 Turbo'd M3, 2019 Maserati GTS , 2020Alfa Quadrifoglio
Originally Posted by MBVert
Who cares how "new" someone is to a website, does it make them any less knowledgeable? Of course not. From what I've read on here this site could use a good dose of facts and a lot less misinformation. I see a lot of talkers, and a whole lot less doers. If you've never tuned a car in your life, you probably shouldn't be talking to others about what "you" think a safe A/F is. Again, erase every post in this thread and based on the pictures alone it's clear as day what caused this motor to grenade. Say what you want about customer service, but it's clear this motor was not tuned properly. I'd rather have a safe tune than have someone refund my $800 in 2 days. If it takes someone new registering and pointing this out to you, so be it, at least you know.
Your posts are very credible and you sound like a hands on expert vs. others who just speculate or regurgitate what they hear. Good points. The questions are about the tuning quality not customer service.
Old 03-20-2010, 04:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55 Wagon
I care. I have been on this forum a long time. Whenever newbies come out of nowhere and start making attacks on a new thread, I question their credibility, including yours. If you have a bone to pic with LET / EC, just PM or call them.
Old 03-20-2010, 05:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55 Wagon
There is no need for you or anyone to know my name or shop affiliation. I'm simply here to post facts. Based on the data provided the reasoning behind the failure of this motor is clear as day. Fact: A certified master tuner wouldn't run 24+ degrees of advance at WOT with 10psi on a N/A bottom end. A certified master tuner doesn't cause motors to fail, he makes them last. A certified master tuner wouldn't bring up a broken rod as a potential problem of detonation. A certified master tuner wouldn't reference anything 16:1 A/F. I'm here to post my experience on the facts, so let's talk facts.
Also, everyone here knows LET / EC and you are attacking them. But, who are you? Are you a Master Tech? Have you worked on AMGs? Do you tune? Did you work on Loco's car before it blew? Did you do maintenance on Loco's car before it blew? You want people to believe you, then disclose who you are.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: MY ENGINE WENT KA BOOOOOOMMM !!!